Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > NASCAR & Stock Car Racing

Old 29 Apr 2015, 12:41 (Ref:3531789)   #226
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
I found this interesting. Also, David Reagan moves to the MWR #55 fulltime after 'Dega.

I have always felt that the 500 milers should be more "special" and that they've run way to many 500s. Maybe that's good....

Big shame for Vicky. I think his career is over after the latest clots.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 09:05 (Ref:3532095)   #227
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
R.Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I have always felt that the 500 milers should be more "special" and that they've run way to many 500s. Maybe that's good....

Big shame for Vicky. I think his career is over after the latest clots.
Afraid I have to agree about Vickers. The guy just can't seem to catch a break with his health. It will probably close the door on his career as a driver.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 13:23 (Ref:3532194)   #228
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
On shortening the races -

I would take half of the cookie cutter tri-oval cruise control
track dates and make a 2 heats and a final A main all squeezed
in 3 hours. The new spec package was suppose to give
us a better product and it has not. At best the changes
negated each other and they are still at sq. one. Those
tracks I definitely think are absolute borefests on the tube.

My hats off to Brian France though. He seems to keep trying.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 14:02 (Ref:3532202)   #229
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post

in 3 hours. The new spec package was suppose to give
us a better product and it has not. At best the changes
negated each other and they are still at sq. one. Those
tracks I definitely think are absolute borefests on the tube.

My hats off to Brian France though. He seems to keep trying.
I've heard the heat race idea from others too. I am totally against this as heat races are for the smaller series, not for the big three, IMHO. Maybe a one off, special event would be interesting, but save the gimmicks for the All-Star / Shootout nonsense.

But agreed, they should ban / shorten races at the D-shape ovals.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 22:52 (Ref:3532388)   #230
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Make some 500s and 400s into 300s and 350s.

Personally, I don't think the length of the races is a major problem. What I find much more annoying is the shoot-outs that we see in practically every race now. There is no point in having a 300 lap race if you're gonna throw a yellow for anything in the last 10 laps just to bunch up the field.
Old 30 Apr 2015, 23:27 (Ref:3532395)   #231
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Well, shortening the races are an inevitability. They are slow to do it as they can't cram in as much advertising with a shorter broadcast. But there's a multiplying number of distractions with online media and siphoning off a slew of hours to watch the race takes a lump out of the day. The kids aren't interested enough to do that.

I don't mind myself as long as they don't muck about with the majors. And they won't do that, I don't think.
Old 1 May 2015, 08:02 (Ref:3532442)   #232
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
The kids want more road courses
Old 1 May 2015, 09:08 (Ref:3532453)   #233
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
There is a n old saying "Dance with who brung ya". History has shown that it is not wise to mess with what works or with something that got you to where you are. NASCAR has been messing with allot of things since Brian France took the helm and most of the time, the things that he has changed have been detrimental to the series. This is yet another thing that he is messing with and it will produce worse results. With everything that he has changed, "Big Bill' and Bill Jr." are rolling over in their graves! This will not be good!
Old 1 May 2015, 16:39 (Ref:3532603)   #234
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gomick View Post
The kids want more road courses
I wish. The only reason this doesn't happen is because of SMI and ISC.
Old 1 May 2015, 19:39 (Ref:3532708)   #235
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
At least Harvick has his head on right.

Quote:
"I know the first place I'd go is Iowa (Speedway, a short track)," he said. "Everybody wants to see more short tracks. Adding a road race here or there would definitely be something I'd vote for, just for the fact that internationally, road racing is very recognizable to race fans. There's not many ovals (around the world).

What's the holdup?

"Two publicly traded companies," Harvick said, referring to International Speedway Corp. and Speedway Motorsports Inc., which together own all but three NASCAR tracks.

On a similar note, Harvick said NASCAR should look to move away from Saturday night races. There's a bigger audience on Sunday afternoons, he said, so that's when NASCAR should air its races.
Old 2 May 2015, 02:03 (Ref:3532788)   #236
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
I agree with him on going to Iowa and on moving away from Saturday night races!
Old 3 May 2015, 20:42 (Ref:3533709)   #237
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Junior!
Old 3 May 2015, 20:44 (Ref:3533711)   #238
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
JUNIOR!

That's going to be a popular win in the 'dega infield.
Old 3 May 2015, 22:19 (Ref:3533770)   #239
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Congratulations Dale Jr.! Great run by Ryan Blaney in the Wood Brothers Ford! Rookie, didn't quite know how to win it, but sounded like he was figuring it out and on the right track during post race interview! This kid is going to be good!
Old 3 May 2015, 22:25 (Ref:3533777)   #240
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post
I wish. The only reason this doesn't happen is because of SMI and ISC.
Though I am not in favor of it, since I am not a fan of road-racing, there is one road-racing track that could be added, that is owned by NASCAR -- Road Atlanta. As I said before, I don't want to see it, partly because it is only 8 miles from where I live and I do not want to see the crowds/traffic that a Sprint Cup race would cause! And again, the infrastructure in these parts is not sufficient for that size of a crowd, but again, my main objection is because I don't like road-racing and do not think there need to be more on the Sprint Cup Schedule.
Old 3 May 2015, 22:36 (Ref:3533786)   #241
canamman
Veteran

United States
canamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcanamman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yep, that was a good win, new crew chief and all.
I listened to Duchess' in car most of the race.
Pretty weird her shifter broke and only had 4th
most of the race.

I know ya'll can't wait for the Sponge Bob race next week.
Not sure what or who the target market is for that
title privilege is but I am sure someone thought it would
be a good idea. Has to be connected to a movie I guess.
Old 4 May 2015, 04:18 (Ref:3533874)   #242
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That last 30 laps was boring, single file the whole way... 8 places are now filled in the chase of the 16 available - what happens if we get 17 different winners

Kevin Harvick - 394
Martin Truex Jnr - 354
Jimmie Johnson - 342
Joey Logano - 335
Dale Earnhardt Jnr - 319
Brad Keselowski - 305
Jamie McMurray - 297
Matt Kenseth - 292
Kasey Kahne - 286
Denny Hamlin - 281
Paul Menard - 280
Aric Almirola - 279
Jeff Gordon - 277
Ryan Newman - 271
Kurt Busch - 255
Danica Patrick - 253
Old 4 May 2015, 14:19 (Ref:3533998)   #243
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
4 of the next 5 races on FS-1. :crickets:

Harvick nails it. There are a lot places they don't need to race twice, Martinsville being the first I'd cross off the list. A road course in the chase is a must.
Old 5 May 2015, 15:15 (Ref:3534354)   #244
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Talladega TV Ratings: NASCAR Sprint Cup racing from Talladega drew a 3.8 overnight rating on FOX Sunday afternoon, down 5% from last year (4.0), down 14% from 2013 (4.4), and the lowest overnight for the spring Talladega race since at least 1998 (excludes rainouts). The previous low was last year's 4.0. Despite the lower numbers, NASCAR on FOX tied the weekend's second-highest overnight for any sporting event on broadcast. The 3.8 matched a Grizzlies/Warriors NBA playoff game on ABC and trailed only the Kentucky Derby on NBC (10.8). Keep in mind two of the weekend's major sporting events - the Spurs/Clippers playoff game on ABC and the Floyd Mayweather/Manny Pacquiao boxing fight on pay-per-view - did not air on broadcast. The 3.8 also ranks as the top NASCAR overnight since Fontana in March (4.0), with the caveat that two of the four races since were postponed and a third aired on Fox Sports 1.(Sports Media Watch / Sports Business Daily)
For TV Ratings fior the season, 5-year comparison chart, see the 2015 TV Ratings page.(5-5-2015)
Old 5 May 2015, 15:56 (Ref:3534374)   #245
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by canamman View Post

in 3 hours.
I'd do three 30-50 mile heat races (with split races) for both Xfinity and Cup on Saturday, then a 150-200 mile Xfinity race and a 200-300 mile Cup race on Sunday. (Short track and superspeedway respectively.)
Old 5 May 2015, 16:59 (Ref:3534404)   #246
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
I'd do three 30-50 mile heat races (with split races) for both Xfinity and Cup on Saturday, then a 150-200 mile Xfinity race and a 200-300 mile Cup race on Sunday. (Short track and superspeedway respectively.)
Wow , that's thinking out of the box. I like it.
May get a little chaotic switching out the pits from
one series to another. I bet they would get a bigger
Saturday crowd with your idea.
Old 5 May 2015, 22:39 (Ref:3534541)   #247
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Cars don't need to pit in a 50 mile superspeedway race, do they?
Old 5 May 2015, 22:53 (Ref:3534543)   #248
R.Lee
Racer

United States
Flowery Branch, Georgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
4 of the next 5 races on FS-1. :crickets:

Harvick nails it. There are a lot places they don't need to race twice, Martinsville being the first I'd cross off the list. A road course in the chase is a must.
Martinsville and the other short tracks should be left alone! Should NOT be crossed off of the schedule! Since you seem to be trying to use Harvick's words to justify your desire to remove Martinsville, you need to look at what Harvick said, "I know the first place I would go is Iowa. I think that everybody wants to see more short tracks and more venues." Bold added for emphasis! More does not mean dropping a short track race from the schedule!
Old 6 May 2015, 00:18 (Ref:3534564)   #249
canamman
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by NaBUru38 View Post
Cars don't need to pit in a 50 mile superspeedway race, do they?
You need your pits for repairs, etc. Tires and fuel could probably make it.
Old 6 May 2015, 00:54 (Ref:3534575)   #250
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by R.Lee View Post
Martinsville and the other short tracks should be left alone! Should NOT be crossed off of the schedule! Since you seem to be trying to use Harvick's words to justify your desire to remove Martinsville, you need to look at what Harvick said, "I know the first place I would go is Iowa. I think that everybody wants to see more short tracks and more venues." Bold added for emphasis! More does not mean dropping a short track race from the schedule!
But twice at Martinsville?? Really need to actually look at the tickets they 'sell' for the fall race and decide if it's worth it. There was no shortage of free Cup and Xfinity tickets available for the fall race 5 years ago, everyone I knew went on a free or under $5 ticket deal for the Cup race and said it was rarely a full house. That was 5 years ago and I haven't seen a single thing to indicate ticket sales have gone up appreciably since then. It was almost as bad at Bristol in the fall, just harder to get decent parking there without spending through the nose. It was about an equal trip either way from me so had a decent split of guys going to both, but if you want to drink go to Martinsville over Bristol.