Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 22 Mar 2012, 08:58 (Ref:3046435)   #1051
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
promax has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goat Boy View Post
but there are some who wonder how viable the series will be when it is clearly not going to be "Top Dog" next season (i.e. fastest etc. with the most money).

what about TRS, GT3, Sports GT, GT1, Tranzam, etc, etc, etc..
Old 22 Mar 2012, 09:19 (Ref:3046444)   #1052
Mr Revhead
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mr Revhead has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
At the moment the hype over the ST are high. It won't be that high as things move on. And unless they do something urgently about the lack of races, there won't be many people at the tracks over winter watching.

Last edited by Mr Revhead; 22 Mar 2012 at 09:20. Reason: Dammit this is the NZV8 thread, thrown by the above comments...
Old 22 Mar 2012, 09:37 (Ref:3046451)   #1053
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Jerico should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Revhead View Post
At the moment the hype over the ST are high. It won't be that high as things move on. And unless they do something urgently about the lack of races, there won't be many people at the tracks over winter watching.
I think their PR machine is well oiled. Well better oiled than what we have been used to. But that would't be hard! Their safety at the track is a big step up aswell. Their officials are relentless.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 09:48 (Ref:3046453)   #1054
smokin'joe
Veteran

smokin'joe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerico View Post
Just be careful Joe, as you are attacking me and not my post, so lets try and give Woolley the night off tonight.

where's the issue there ?? for every page deleted on the NZV8 thread, it make the NZST series look more popular because they have more pages............ a wee bit like facebook likes

Quote:
I don't think anyone wants to see the collapse of the BNT V8's but there are some who wonder how viable the series will be when it is clearly not going to be "Top Dog" next season (i.e.fastest etc. with the most money ).
if you are reffering to series (not drivers ) as "fastest etc. with the most money", then the
ST's have won over the NZV8s, as they probably set out to be 'bigger, better faster more' or else they would just be another V8 series competing for the same diminishing spectator/sponsorship dollar

\
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
There are a couple of dudes on here that are consumed with hate and when the BNT V8's didn't collapse like they thought they cant handle it.
Time will heal...... now come on lets all have a group hug.
too late for group hugs, me thinks. the haters will hate. if the powers that be put their egos aside 18 (or so months ago), top level motorsport wouldn't be in the mess it currently is.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 10:02 (Ref:3046457)   #1055
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Goat Boy has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
If you are reffering to series (not drivers ) as "fastest etc. with the most money", then the
ST's have won over the NZV8s, as they probably set out to be 'bigger, better faster more' or else they would just be another V8 series competing for the same diminishing spectator/sponsorship dollar

\ too late for group hugs, me thinks. the haters will hate. if the powers that be put their egos aside 18 (or so months ago), top level motorsport wouldn't be in the mess it currently is.
Tend to agree with this, although I think you will find that now Fogg has left and Tim wants to go, the best drivers really all have gone over to ST.

But when I said "fastest" I was referring to the cars at the time.

And TRS etc. are a different kettle of fish. We are talking class controlled V8 saloon car racing.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 10:03 (Ref:3046459)   #1056
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
BTW, just to ask the question, how many times has the MRX car come to a grinding halt on the track during testing?
Old 22 Mar 2012, 10:18 (Ref:3046466)   #1057
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
BTW, just to ask the question, how many times has the MRX car come to a grinding halt on the track during testing?
and to answer your question, with a question................. who actually built the "mule". was it wholly built by Mitchells, under guidence of TMC, or was the shell fabricated by them, and running gear assembled by another party ??
Old 22 Mar 2012, 17:49 (Ref:3046672)   #1058
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by smokin'joe View Post
and to answer your question, with a question................. who actually built the "mule". was it wholly built by Mitchells, under guidence of TMC, or was the shell fabricated by them, and running gear assembled by another party ??
gb stirring again
Old 22 Mar 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3046676)   #1059
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Tend to agree with this, although I think you will find that now Fogg has left and Tim wants to go, the best drivers really all have gone over to ST.

But when I said "fastest" I was referring to the cars at the time.

And TRS etc. are a different kettle of fish. We are talking class controlled V8 saloon car racing.
NZV8 has never been the fastest class in tier 1.. so what's your point? well.. other than to talk about st in a NZV8 thread for the millionth time
Old 22 Mar 2012, 18:15 (Ref:3046691)   #1060
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
gb stirring again
not stirring, but a valid query.
the MRX car has copped a bit of a ribbing due to a few 'teething issues', and was wondering who ACTUALLY built the car, and what (or whose) running gear is in it.

it might explain to those, like myself, as to why it misbehaved, especially if it's a new shell with used NZV8 components.

does the MRX car overheat in traffic?? (now that stirring!!!)
Old 22 Mar 2012, 19:13 (Ref:3046729)   #1061
Sidewayz
Rookie

Sidewayz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
the MRX car has copped a bit of a ribbing due to a few 'teething issues', and was wondering who ACTUALLY built the car, and what (or whose) running gear is in it.

it might explain to those, like myself, as to why it misbehaved, especially if it's a new shell with used NZV8 components.

Joe, I think I've meantioned this before, Unfortunitly the new nzv8 car has had to under go its shake downs and testing in full view of the public and any new car will have teething issues... Apart from the ST of course.
MRX have designed and built everything themselves. Chassis, diff, front uprights all suspension. All info and pics can be found, you just gotta look for it.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 19:35 (Ref:3046752)   #1062
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:

It would be nice to get a free from stirring post from you one day Joe.

I can see that you're a of a lad Joe, said in the nicest possible way.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 21:34 (Ref:3046809)   #1063
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Originally Posted by promax View Post
NZV8 has never been the fastest class in tier 1.. so what's your point? well.. other than to talk about st in a NZV8 thread for the millionth time
It would seem that you deliberately need me to spell out what my point is on repeated occasions, so here you are then:

If there are two similar classes racing in the country which to the general public and not the users of this forum look pretty similar, and are powered by a V8, then the general public are likely going to go and see the one which they perceive to be (and which in reality is) faster, and flashier, and more hyped, and with the "star" drivers like Murph (whom despite the baggers here has shown that in an equal car he is fast).

That's not to say you won't get the usual crowd of followers to the NZV8's, and I would certainly go along to watch if they improve the support classes like they said they would, but you won't get "new" or "sometimes" fans without something to pull them in and some good advertising.

And as far as I can see to date, even with the new cars there is still not a big name to pull in the outsiders. And even if you don't believe it to be true, the fact is that fans follow drivers first, and then teams (and generally only if they are famous like Ferrari and McLaren or Holden Racing).

And where fans go, so do sponsors.
Old 22 Mar 2012, 21:43 (Ref:3046810)   #1064
Goat Boy
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Quote:
Sorry, that was stirring and no slight on the Mitchell boys who have done a great job getting it up and running so quickly.

I'll try to refrain in future
Old 22 Mar 2012, 21:58 (Ref:3046819)   #1065
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz View Post
Obviously Mr STFan, you haven't bothered to do any home work on the new nzv8. For one air jacks are standard issue, not a 7k 'upgrade'.
There's plenty of footage of the car on Facebook and YouTube if you care to look for it.

Really sidewayz?? i dont think so....why is it that when i do a google search or a youtube search absolutely nothing comes up except the lame video from Meremere and the many videos showing the build of a cage....woopdedoo.

Am not part of facebook so can't comment on that angle, but i can gaurantee that there is no footage of the new car being tested with its new components (engine, g/box etc). How is the new kiw made box going anyway....thats gone rather quiet hasn't it

And Promax, i have seen that flyer about a hundred times now, still doesn't tell us much about the new MRX chassis does it? Its just a picture of the demo car that they have had at all the summer series rounds.

And if you want to talk about haters, then just look at all the slagging that went on in the ST thread....get over yourself guys. Just because there is a sniff that the new NZV8 MIGHT happen, and their are some objective opinions banded about does not make people haters, just 'realistic'

I too hope that the new car does work out, but i need to see firm evidence that the chassis is being developed with its design components, and as i've said on here before, where is that evidence?

I shouldn't have to 'look hard enough' as sidewayz puts it, as that info should be all over the internet, including the NZV8 website (and yes i've looked and all you get is stupid press releases saying were going to do this and going to do that)

Show me some youtube footage (or any footage for that matter) of the prototype car WITH THE NEW RUNNING GEAR and i will more than happily shut up
Old 22 Mar 2012, 22:09 (Ref:3046825)   #1066
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ugy View Post
Funny how the top star in the ST cant do any better than the middle of the bottom half of the field in the V8SC, that's if he manages to finish a race without everybody taking him out of course.
from an unbiased observer, and no fan of Mr Spud, but he has done far better than the NZV8 poster boy from Oz for quite some time...
Old 23 Mar 2012, 02:07 (Ref:3046914)   #1067
Jerico
Veteran

New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman444 View Post
from an unbiased observer, and no fan of Mr Spud, but he has done far better than the NZV8 poster boy from Oz for quite some time...
You must feel like a real important person now Ugy, getting international mail.
Old 23 Mar 2012, 04:13 (Ref:3046930)   #1068
MacrosNZ
Racer

New Zealand
Auckland
MacrosNZ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
Really sidewayz?? i dont think so....why is it that when i do a google search or a youtube search absolutely nothing comes up
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9qVIK6Vch_Q
Old 23 Mar 2012, 04:19 (Ref:3046932)   #1069
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Quote:
Originally Posted by NZSTfan View Post
And Promax, i have seen that flyer about a hundred times now, still doesn't tell us much about the new MRX chassis does it? Its just a picture of the demo car that they have had at all the summer series rounds.
did you try reading it?

The evening will involve a Full Promotional package on the car, along with a Full Costing Schedule to purchase.

Venue 2: Hampton Downs Convention Centre 5.00pm : 27th March, 2012

why don't you go along and ask your questions there
Old 23 Mar 2012, 05:21 (Ref:3046942)   #1070
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sidewayz View Post
Joe, I think I've meantioned this before, Unfortunitly the new nzv8 car has had to under go its shake downs and testing in full view of the public and any new car will have teething issues... Apart from the ST of course.
MRX have designed and built everything themselves. Chassis, diff, front uprights all suspension. All info and pics can be found, you just gotta look for it.
i knew mitchells done all the fab work , and it's appears to be a tidy job from photos. but is it a brand new powertrain, or an ex-NZV8 unit, as i understand the new gen car has the option of using existing powertrain, or going to the new spec 'crate' style engine
Old 23 Mar 2012, 05:27 (Ref:3046944)   #1071
smokin'joe
Veteran

Quote:
It would be nice to get a free from stirring post from you one day Joe.

mate, you guys have had more than enough Joe free days, and when i do post, people tend to get the undingers in a twist and get my posts censured, or deleted.

i do try to play nicely most of the time, but not all the time !!

Quote:
I can see that you're a of a lad Joe, said in the nicest possible way.
been a larrikin since the day i gave the late Robert Muldoon his pedigree, as a very young lad in the late 70's/early early 80's
Old 23 Mar 2012, 05:31 (Ref:3046945)   #1072
NZSTfan
Veteran

New Zealand
car heaven
NZSTfan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacrosNZ View Post
Ok fair enough, but that didn't come up in my search ealier today, and it only has 60 views, so must be quite recent.

Cool advert though i have to admit, and i get the impression that the rolling shots of the car still had the old running gear. We need some in-car footage showing the full package including the TT industries gearbox.
Old 25 Mar 2012, 01:23 (Ref:3047721)   #1073
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
LS3 in the middle?
Old 25 Mar 2012, 02:26 (Ref:3047726)   #1074
on_to_it
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
on_to_it has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That would go nicely with the Commodore headlights
Old 27 Mar 2012, 03:15 (Ref:3049149)   #1075
promax
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Mackenzie injured – out of ITM Hamilton NZV8 races

Albany Toyota NZV8 driver, Haydn Mackenzie (28) will not be able to contest the NZV8 support races at the forthcoming ITM400 meeting at Hamilton as he has suffered a badly broken leg during... a MotoX accident during the Tussock Buster event at Waiouru this past weekend. He was airlifted from the event to Palmerston North Hospital and immediately underwent surgery. He will be transferred to Auckland Hospital during this week.

Mackenzie, along with his father, Andrew, and their Albany Toyota dealership, have been longtime stalwarts of the NZV8 class, despite it previously being an exclusive Ford/Holden class. Nevertheless, they have been running a BA Falcon in the class and Haydn was looking forward to having his last race in the Falcon at the ITM 400 Hamilton support races before switching to the new NZV8 ‘future class’ driving the new FG prototype car that he and Andrew have had built as chassis #1 of what the new generation NZV8s will be. However, with the recent change/expansion of the regulations for the new NZV8s, any make of car is eligible for the new NZV8 championship, using any engine.
Mackenzie is thus considering ‘re-clothing’ his new currently FG-bodied chassis, which is universal to the new NZV8 class, in a Toyota model ‘bodywork’ and running a Toyota engine for next season which will then give him and Andrew the chance to combine their enthusiasm for motorsport – and especially the NZV8 class – and their Albany Toyota business.