Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: Who is the driver of this year's Monaco Grand Prix for you?
Grosjean 0 0%
Maldonado 1 0.93%
De la Rosa 0 0%
Kobayashi 0 0%
Petrov 0 0%
Schumacher 1 0.93%
Pic 0 0%
Ricciardo 0 0%
Button 0 0%
Kathikeyan 0 0%
Glock 0 0%
Kovalainen 12 11.21%
Vergne 6 5.61%
Perez 2 1.87%
Senna 1 0.93%
Raikkonen 0 0%
Hulkenberg 0 0%
di Resta 2 1.87%
Massa 5 4.67%
Hamilton 0 0%
Vettel 8 7.48%
Alonso 7 6.54%
Rosberg 1 0.93%
Webber 61 57.01%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28 May 2012, 21:58 (Ref:3080835)   #51
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Mark Webber for getting a great start ! Mentions to Perez and Alonso
Old 29 May 2012, 11:38 (Ref:3081107)   #52
Razzzor
Veteran

New Zealand
New Zealand
Razzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazzzor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by beau1 View Post
Not really sure what Michael did that was so much of a fail? He got shoved into the barriers at the start don't forget. The Lotus is a genuine fast car and he was only being held for 10 or so laps, but the problem was that the Lotus was so slow for those 10 laps then he didn't have much of a chance once it was cleared.

Michael was actually catching the top 6 by 0.6-1.0 seconds per lap, before his car broke down and would have had a chance of being right behind Massa by the end.
Yeah exactly. In fact if he'd started on pole and led into the first turn, I'm positive Michael would have won the race.
The same could be said for probably the top 6 finishers. Rosberg and Alonso were both faster than Webber, undoubtedly since they finished within a second of him. I think Vettel was too but had to overcome too much.

Back to Michael though, he would have easily caught the group by the end of the race, but obviously that's where his fight back would end since you can't pass. Monaco seems worse this year than ever before - even the support races had no passing. It's pathetic.

But his 57 point deficit to Rosberg just illustrates how your luck can go sometimes, because apart from his Senna collision, he's done nothing wrong this year and has been just as fast as Rosberg, except at China.

So drive of the race:
1. Kovalainen for holding off Button
2. Vergne until the team's stupid tyre call. He had absolutely nothing to gain, he was already in 7th 30secs behind the leaders, why take such a risk?
3. Vettel for lapping a second a lap faster on 40 lap old tyres compared to Webber and the rest on brand new tyres.

Raikkonen was completely forgettable. I think we'd have had quite a different result if passing was easy at Monaco.
Old 29 May 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3081136)   #53
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzzor View Post

I think we'd have had quite a different result if passing was easy at Monaco.
The way to win the Monaco GP on Sunday is to win it on Saturday. And there's no amount of fiddling around with the regulations that will alter that (except maybe reversed grids? Names out of a hat? Random sprinkler systems controlled by monkeys?).
Old 29 May 2012, 13:28 (Ref:3081185)   #54
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Yeah exactly. In fact if he'd started on pole and led into the first turn, I'm positive Michael would have won the race.
The same could be said for probably the top 6 finishers.
Car reliability excepting*, just about anyone outside the bottom three teams could have won that race had they led into the first turn. Don't forget, you can dictate the pace of the race from the front and conserve your tyres as a result.

* Unfortunately Schumacher succumbed to a car problem, so he wouldn't have won it.
Old 29 May 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3081261)   #55
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yeah, TGF wouldn't have won it anyway, but certainly it would be entertaining to see him leading a race again... oh my we're talking about the old boring races led by TGF again !!!
Old 29 May 2012, 19:41 (Ref:3081421)   #56
Ultimo
Veteran

Ultimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridUltimo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
2. Vergne until the team's stupid tyre call. He had absolutely nothing to gain, he was already in 7th 30secs behind the leaders, why take such a risk?
Absolutely! That move drove me bananas! I could have seen a small team make that call if they were out of the points, but he was solidly in the points in 7th position!

ARGH!
Old 30 May 2012, 05:51 (Ref:3081627)   #57
Peralta
Veteran

Mexico
Guadalajara Jalisco
Peralta is a back marker
Perez cause he looked like the only guy really racing. Fastest lap after fastest lap.
Old 30 May 2012, 11:52 (Ref:3081801)   #58
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peralta View Post
Perez cause he looked like the only guy really racing. Fastest lap after fastest lap.
But he wasn't stuck behind Webber for half of the race.

But I do get your point about him being probably the only guy in the race that made any sort of progress on the cars ahead of him.
Old 30 May 2012, 12:07 (Ref:3081815)   #59
AussieTimmeh
Racer

Australia
Newcastle
AussieTimmeh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimo View Post
Absolutely! That move drove me bananas! I could have seen a small team make that call if they were out of the points, but he was solidly in the points in 7th position!

ARGH!
Vergne pitted VERY earlier for tires and was never going to make the end of the race on the tire set he had. He had to pit anyway and drop out of the points on dries, so they gambled on inters.

He was never going to finish in the points.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Formula1.com Selected Driver Quotes
“After the start, lots of cars in front of me cut the corner at the first turn and I found myself behind the Marussia and I was losing a lot of time. I was on a one stop strategy and to try and get me out of the traffic, we made an early stop. From then on, I ran at a very good pace, which I am happy about and I was as high as seventh. I was lapping quickly and consistently. But with around 14 laps to the end, my tyres were completely gone and I had to come in for the Intermediates, but the rain was not strong enough."
Old 30 May 2012, 16:36 (Ref:3081960)   #60
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso, for making the most with what he's given.
Old 30 May 2012, 17:14 (Ref:3081972)   #61
lebron15
Rookie

lebron15 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mark Webber, he took the pole and never lost the lead of the race, i know it's Monaco, but what better could he do? Nothing! He drove as he had to do!
Old 31 May 2012, 13:05 (Ref:3082575)   #62
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Senna. Finished on points again, when he most needed that.