Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 31 May 2012, 19:08 (Ref:3082803)   #26
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've been impressed with Garry from day one and didn't appreciate the jibes he got across the internet for being boring and monotone after just the first race. He's very informative, makes wonderful predictions which are never too far off and asks intelligent questions when he interviews people. He's capable of doing all these things because he has experience and knows the industry inside and out. He's a credit to the BBC coverage and is part of the reason they have improved overall so much since last year. Anderson over Kravitz any day of the week for me.
Old 31 May 2012, 21:25 (Ref:3082906)   #27
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
ditto all the above; now if only Brundle could come back instead of Mr Excitable and Mr Jock, we'd have the dream team of a designer, a team owner and a driver, now that *would* be a hard act to follow :-)
Old 31 May 2012, 22:10 (Ref:3082928)   #28
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I've no complaint about Ted Kravitz. He's a diligent and efficient media professional with a genuine enthusiasm for the subject matter. He's a very worthy guy and always brings new information to the table.

Anderson's very strength though is that he isn't a trained media professional. It's like listening to an easy-going neighbour but with a command of his trade that's second to none. But more than that he's a great intuitive grasp of the sport as described in the OP. Contrary to all my pre-season expectations, he's blossomed and I think the BBC have known exactly what to do with him. They've integrated him into the family whereas I think the Sky approach is more hierarchical and commercial with the way they do things. I know which approach I prefer.