Caterham-Renault 0 0%
Marussia-Cosworth 0 0%
HRT - Hispania Racing Team 3 8.82%
Voters: 34. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 Jun 2012, 19:49 (Ref:3088573)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Team of the race- Canadian Grand Prix

Who is yours?
Old 10 Jun 2012, 20:20 (Ref:3088618)   #2
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mclaren...

I never thought I'd say that. But even with another botched stop they had the balls to come in from the lead and trust their strategy and their driver.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 20:51 (Ref:3088648)   #3
pauln
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
pauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridpauln should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sauber for me for being more consistent. Would have been McLaren if they'd got Jenson into the points.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3088662)   #4
bravo
Racer

England
North East England
bravo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't as tight a call as the last corner finish for 2008... but what a last 15 laps. They made their plan and it was good.

Honourable mentions to Lotus and Sauber - making a 1 stop work when RBR and Ferrari couldn't.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 21:10 (Ref:3088668)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
HRT, unbelievable !
Old 10 Jun 2012, 21:36 (Ref:3088684)   #6
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to see you added your favourite Bononi. Was it the plumes of black brake dust that sealed it for you or the double retirement?
Old 10 Jun 2012, 21:40 (Ref:3088688)   #7
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
McLaren. Yes, they made a mistake in the second pitstop and it would have been good to have Button in the points, but they did a good tyre call.

Honourable mention to Sauber.

I would have said Ferrari made a mistake, as they knew about Massa's problems before Alonso, so they probably messed up.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 21:41 (Ref:3088689)   #8
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
See, what team would leave before half of the race ? That must be the team !

What a wonderful season we're having and still, we have HRTs and Marussias around !

I like it !
Old 10 Jun 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3088690)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by stripedcat View Post
I would have said Ferrari made a mistake, as they knew about Massa's problems before Alonso, so they probably messed up.
Oh no, you don't say it.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 21:44 (Ref:3088693)   #10
TrapezeArtist
Veteran

United Kingdom
England
TrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTrapezeArtist should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Ferrari. Brilliant strategy.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 22:18 (Ref:3088721)   #11
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Have to go with HRT due to the fact once again they improved their performance lap time wise and Pedro De La Rosa smashed both Marussia in every session and in the race. Plus both cars were consistently the fastest in a straight line. Of course they had the brake issues and im sure this will worry the team as they have not had them before and the brake duct wasn't any smaller than the ones they used in Spain and Monaco.

There is a good article on the car/ team in Racecar Engineering this month, once you've read it you gain a new found respect for them due to what they've had to overcome over the winter and the previous 2 seasons.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 22:37 (Ref:3088728)   #12
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Fair enough then tux. It's probably only right that they are included in the poll then.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 22:49 (Ref:3088737)   #13
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This one was actually tough for me. On the one hand, Lewis won, so that puts some points to McLaren (poll points), but there were still some botched stops (admittedly, one might be on Lewis), which makes it harder for me to give them props. Then you have their other driver, Button, who had a horrible weekend all around. It's hard for me to vote for the team who, despite having great drivers and a great car, had a driver do so poorly over the weekend.

I went with McLaren just because I'm a McLaren fan, although an unhappy one in 2012.
Old 10 Jun 2012, 22:59 (Ref:3088742)   #14
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I would have given it to McLaren but Button was nowhere all weekend. Gave it to Lotus as they got the podium and Kimi was a respectable 8th.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 08:42 (Ref:3088856)   #15
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Sauber. An unexpected podium for Perez and a handfull of points for their other car too.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 09:49 (Ref:3088876)   #16
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Have to go with HRT due to the fact once again they improved their performance lap time wise and Pedro De La Rosa smashed both Marussia in every session and in the race. Plus both cars were consistently the fastest in a straight line. Of course they had the brake issues and im sure this will worry the team as they have not had them before and the brake duct wasn't any smaller than the ones they used in Spain and Monaco.

There is a good article on the car/ team in Racecar Engineering this month, once you've read it you gain a new found respect for them due to what they've had to overcome over the winter and the previous 2 seasons.
I agree... that the lead HRT with arguably a pensioner aboard is in front of the supposedly much better funded Marussia squad is awesome to see!

Here's hoping the Spanish Government businesses open up the purse strings, now freshened by the E100bn bailout, to encourage investment and technology in Spain...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 11 Jun 2012, 10:06 (Ref:3088887)   #17
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Sauber. The team played the right strategy even though Saturday was hard. Stops went to plan. Team and drivers worked hard together to make their tyre and fuel strategy work.

Must admit, I'm beginning to rethink my choice of driver of the race. Taking a podium on his first visit was pretty stunning.
Old 11 Jun 2012, 11:43 (Ref:3088938)   #18
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Here's hoping the Spanish Government businesses open up the purse strings, now freshened by the E100bn bailout, to encourage investment and technology in Spain...
The spanish government or the EU to help the entire country from drawning ??

(...Snow ball rolls on...)
Old 12 Jun 2012, 09:39 (Ref:3089434)   #19
andy666
Racer

United Kingdom
Lincolnshire
andy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridandy666 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Lotus , Really wanted to go for Mclaren but Jenson what is going on ?
Old 12 Jun 2012, 13:36 (Ref:3089560)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy666 View Post
Lotus , Really wanted to go for Mclaren but Jenson what is going on ?
He's the tyre meister; something went really wrong at Montreal.
Old 12 Jun 2012, 17:19 (Ref:3089664)   #21
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Gave it to renault as both cars did reasonably well