Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score do you give it?
10 2 2.33%
9 14 16.28%
8 28 32.56%
7 21 24.42%
6 9 10.47%
5 2 2.33%
4 6 6.98%
3 2 2.33%
2 2 2.33%
1 0 0%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Jun 2012, 15:39 (Ref:3090909)   #51
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by barnettracing View Post
Of course it's a bloody race. Don't be so silly. It just so happens that overtaking is difficult at Monaco (as it is at many street circuits, Pau, Macau). Driving a street circuit is a integral part of any professional driver's repertoire. Brands Hatch is pretty difficult to overtake on, especially in very fast prototypes/single-seaters yet we'd all love to see F1 return there.

I think some people just don't like Monaco because it is 'a very expensive place to live.' If you don't enjoy watching the race use that thing called a tv remote and turn off!

I don't know what makes people think that there can be wheel to wheel racing every lap across a 200 mile race. F1 was never like that. Never. As many have said, the sport:entertainment ratio is skewing vastly in entertainment's favour and that, in my opinion, is a shame.

Finally, and off topic but I need to say it...

Umm, a) I don't quite know what you mean by 'competitive' and b) our entry fees help the circuits make more and more money each year for their owners. Circuit hire has gone up something like 300-400% in the last six years. The clubs are making less and less money (the BARC is on a 3-day week). I'm not quite sure what your point is here, and it's not exactly correct either.
I didn't watch the race. So I took your advice in advance. I also care not one whit about how much it costs to live in Monaco. If Monaco was a cheap place to live, I would still find very little to recommend watching a car parade there.

I do care however, to see racing, where it is actually possible to overtake, even if it isn't that common. I've overtaken at Brand's, and also been overtaken there. Overtaking at Monaco (and many other street circuits) in an F1 car is pretty much impossible, not just difficult, hence my opinion (and I think your opinion is rubbish too) that Monaco fails on some levels to be regarded as a 'race'.

What it is, is a great place for in car footage. Can't deny that.

re: Going to visit circuits to watch club races. This gives income to the circuits. That is a good thing.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 14 Jun 2012, 15:43 (Ref:3090912)   #52
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
Monaco was a race. If a car falters, he's on top of the barriers, the succeeding cars pass. That's a race. An important trick with Monaco is not to get out of shape and that's a phenomenal challenge, the nature of which is unique to MC, in cars that are themselves challenging.
How many did that this year? I don't know, as, following previous years parades (and comments on the race here), I didn't watch it. Today's drivers are all exceptionally good, so getting out of shape is unusual. Which make Monaco even less interesting, which I suppose is a feat in itself.

My 6 year old son loves F1, watches every race. He watched the race this year, he said it was boring. He does however, love racing round it on the Wii.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 15 Jun 2012, 00:07 (Ref:3091176)   #53
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Was it good?

I missed it........
Like an ice-cream in a hot sunday mid day !
Old 15 Jun 2012, 10:58 (Ref:3091362)   #54
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
Like an ice-cream in a hot sunday mid day !

As my old man was wont to say, 'I believe you, thousands wouldn't......'

Best wishes from La Sarthe, anyway.....