Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 15 Mar 2012, 16:09 (Ref:3041594)   #601
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes, and I am responding to your report.

Perhaps we can calm down now and get the thread back on topic - if anyone can remember what that was.......

Last edited by Aysedasi; 15 Mar 2012 at 16:16.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 16:44 (Ref:3041616)   #602
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Yes, and I am responding to your report.

Perhaps we can calm down now and get the thread back on topic - if anyone can remember what that was.......
I'll try again (third time now)

Could Renault/Nissan be the manufacture Pescarolo is in talk with? (discuss without mentioning Lotus or discussing of branding of engines )
Old 15 Mar 2012, 16:48 (Ref:3041617)   #603
alexkiller8
Veteran

alexkiller8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
who knows, may also be hyundai that is starting an intersting and multi-targeted motorsport program. Only time will tell.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 17:00 (Ref:3041625)   #604
alexkiller8
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTD View Post
Way to kill a possible topic of discussion.
a dead discussion doesn't need to be killed, i say this because beyond personal speculations is a discussion about nothingness because i'm sure that even henri pescarolo doesn't know how will be the future for his team. However will be good to see back a nissan squadron as was in late '80-early '90 with (for the first time) cars made by them self, for sure pescarolo team may help them doing a collaboration similiar to what happens now between oreca and toyota.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 17:29 (Ref:3041644)   #605
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I must confess that I am losing the plot a little.

Mind if I recap?

Following the Pescarolo comments, the comment was made that just perhaps there was a possible tie-up between Pesca and Renault or Nissan?

alexkiller8 - are you suggesting that it could be Hyundai instead?

I take it that this is all 110% speculation? (Nothing wrong with that, speculate away but let's make it clear that this is what we're doing..... )
Old 15 Mar 2012, 17:40 (Ref:3041653)   #606
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Mind if I recap?

Following the Pescarolo comments, the comment was made that just perhaps there was a possible tie-up between Pesca and Renault or Nissan?

alexkiller8 - are you suggesting that it could be Hyundai instead?

I take it that this is all 110% speculation? (Nothing wrong with that, speculate away but let's make it clear that this is what we're doing..... )
It is 99% Speculation, based on an increased involvement from Renault/Nissan in Endurance racing and the fact that Mr. Henri himself has stated they they are in talks with a manufacture
Old 15 Mar 2012, 17:53 (Ref:3041664)   #607
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
OK, so the reality is a completely clean sheet of paper. I can handle that.......
Old 15 Mar 2012, 17:54 (Ref:3041665)   #608
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Mind if I recap?

Well....this can only mean that they are resolving the high nose problem on the AMR tub by going to Delta route! It is the obvious solution.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:08 (Ref:3041673)   #609
alexkiller8
Veteran

in these years, henri and his team don't live in their goldean age (gold understood as money), so in my opinion the pescarolo 03 will be an adaptation of 01 evo bodykit in the new chassis, but because of new chassis and new regulamentation there will be some differences. Also in my opinion the nose will be higher than 01 and front area because of fenders will have the same concept of new lmp1 cars like lola coupè or oak pescarolo 2012, in the rear section there will be the fin and maybe a different and longer wheel-arch strutt like the 2012 oreca 03, about diffuser and rear area, don't know how much will be different. If they then will do an accurate (but expensive) aero optimization probably the fin will be used as support for the rear wing (it means no swan neck). But doing a summary i think that the 03 bodykit meanwhile some new update will be very similiar to the 01 evo.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:13 (Ref:3041679)   #610
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Well....this can only mean that they are resolving the high nose problem on the AMR tub by going to Delta route! It is the obvious solution.
You can go off people you know........
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:18 (Ref:3041687)   #611
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
You can go off people you know........
Oh, I know, I have been off, and off of people for a long time!
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:20 (Ref:3041690)   #612
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by alexkiller8 View Post
in these years, henri and his team don't live in their goldean age (gold understood as money), so in my opinion the pescarolo 03 will be an adaptation of 01 evo bodykit in the new chassis, but because of new chassis and new regulamentation there will be some differences. Also in my opinion the nose will be higher than 01 and front area because of fenders will have the same concept of new lmp1 cars like lola coupè or oak pescarolo 2012, in the rear section there will be the fin and maybe a different and longer wheel-arch strutt like the 2012 oreca 03, about diffuser and rear area, don't know how much will be different. If they then will do an accurate (but expensive) aero optimization probably the fin will be used as support for the rear wing (it means no swan neck). But doing a summary i think that the 03 bodykit meanwhile some new update will be very similiar to the 01 evo.
No way!
Henri has said it's a completely new car.
Besides the AMR chassis is so different from the Courage/Pescarolo one that not a lot of the bodywork will be shareable.
Yes, Headlights might stay the same as a "trademark", but nose, front-rear fenders and engine, will all be different and therefor look like a completely different car.
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:29 (Ref:3041700)   #613
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It can't be a completely new car now, can it........
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:34 (Ref:3041705)   #614
alexkiller8
Veteran

the words "different car" are very interpretable words, ex. the new 997 RSR or vantage GTE for someone are "total new cars" for someone else "updates of already existent cars". Beyond my and other speculations, if you are a space/aero engineer and work for pescarolo and you say that a 01 style bodykit can't be used in AMR-one chassis i believe you, otherwise i have my opinion
Old 15 Mar 2012, 18:40 (Ref:3041711)   #615
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
If the AMR one chassis can be turned into the Deltawing there is plenty of scope for Henri to make it look different and perform differently to the AMR one
Old 15 Mar 2012, 19:00 (Ref:3041725)   #616
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
If the AMR one chassis can be turned into the Deltawing there is plenty of scope for Henri to make it look different and perform differently to the AMR one
A. I am sure it will have a lot of the aero developments that have evolved on the current Pescarolo. That is a system they know rather well, and I am sure when they looked at the AMR One tub they looked to be able to utilize their aero concepts instead of totally starting over.

B. Most anything would perform differently then the AMR One....and hopefully better!
Old 15 Mar 2012, 19:15 (Ref:3041737)   #617
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
It can't be a completely new car now, can it........
True .
Old 15 Mar 2012, 21:53 (Ref:3041830)   #618
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Quote:
you're mixing engine that don't share nothing, so how could be understandable your post? the deltawing engine is a "nissan" version of engines used in WTCC, what's the matter or relationship with AER and mazda ?
Let me clarify myself.
  • You wrote: "lotus badging? are you blind? a judd 2.2 engine marked as lotus?"
  • jc_nl clearly explained: "Lotus payed Judd to design and build that engine for them, so it's a Lotus!"
  • You replied: "you just said by your own who really projected and developed that engine." So according to your reasoning the new Lotus Indycar engine is not a Lotus engine at all, but a Judd engine.
  • Therefor I pointed out that according to your logic the new Chevrolet Indycar engine is not a Chevrolet engine because it is designed by Ilmor, and that the Mazda LMP1 engine is not a Mazda engine because it is designed by AER.
Old 16 Mar 2012, 03:35 (Ref:3041986)   #619
Félix
Veteran

MagnetON
Québec
Félix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFélix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
the words "different car" are very interpretable words, ex. the new 997 RSR or vantage GTE for someone are "total new cars" for someone else "updates of already existent cars". Beyond my and other speculations, if you are a space/aero engineer and work for pescarolo and you say that a 01 style bodykit can't be used in AMR-one chassis i believe you, otherwise i have my opinion
Henri said it would be nothing like the current car.

But what the hell we can speculate... Nissan is not even entering the existing and promising GT3 GT-R in this year's FIA GT1 championship because there is no budget, but if a Nissan PR guy who has proven he can shovel sheet (he said that while presenting the Deltawing as Nissan's idea and something very close to Nissan road cars) hints at maybe looking at Le Mans for an hypothetical 2014 entry, well of course it WILL happen.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 12:21 (Ref:3043863)   #620
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I bet Ol'Henri is grinning like a Cheshire cat !!! Delighted for them
Old 18 Mar 2012, 14:02 (Ref:3043905)   #621
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
great result for them! I will admit that I was following their race far more then any other car or team in the race. So happy for them after all their twists and turns and the amazing focus they have as a team.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 14:56 (Ref:3043925)   #622
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Will there car look like the AMR or just the tub?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 14:59 (Ref:3043927)   #623
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopz21 x View Post
Will there car look like the AMR or just the tub?
Nothing like the AMR-One, only the tub and gearbox will be carried over, the rest is apparently all new.
Old 18 Mar 2012, 15:02 (Ref:3043931)   #624
Coopz21 x
Rookie

England
South West, UK
Coopz21 x has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Nothing like the AMR-One, only the tub and gearbox will be carried over, the rest is apparently all new.
I hope its a closed car.... when will we see it?
Old 18 Mar 2012, 15:04 (Ref:3043933)   #625
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coopz21 x View Post
I hope its a closed car.... when will we see it?
First run will be a week or so before Spa apparently. And no, it won't be a closed car, the AMR-One was an open car and they use the tub which means it's still an open car. You can't just slap a roof on an open LMP car in a matter of a couple of months.