Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Club Level Single Seaters

Old 24 Jan 2011, 23:51 (Ref:2820144)   #1
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic Formula Fords,,,anyone selling?..getting popular.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
HSCC Historic FF SERIES
I've been asked if anyone has an eligible car for sale (in any state I believe) for yet another keen chap to join us and oddly there aren't many in abundance.

We have about 3 or 4 new guys joining us in the series already and I guess what reserve we thought we had is running dry.

Anyone wishing to sell let me know please?

Drivers rep. DD.

PS some of us have a pre-Retro Show meal and a pint or two at a pub at Bubbenhall (just down the road from the show) the night before with camper van etc plus breakfast at the pub. Probably Thursday night. If anyone would like to join us let me know.

If not, see you on the grid at Donington March 20 boys. Snow shovels may be handy..
Old 2 Mar 2011, 10:34 (Ref:2838975)   #2
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
It seems we have Seven new to Historics signed on and one old boy come back to us.
We hope they have fun with us and we'll see them on the grid or at one of our sausage-burning sessions soon enough.
If anyone would like any details of what is on the market I have the rough details of about 3 or 4 still for sale.
Old 13 Mar 2011, 17:28 (Ref:2845072)   #3
john owen
Rookie

john owen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alexis Mk14 for sale and Swift Sc92

Reluctantly I'm selling my Mk14 after just 6 races. Strong Bold engine, lots of new buts during restoration it's on the button and ready to go. Had planned to race it again myself but something else has come up so it's for sale. Swift also has a low mileage Bold engine and is virtually ready to go (belts and extinguisher need updating). See :
http://www.racecarsdirect.com/listin...exis_Mk14.html
for more details.
Old 14 Mar 2011, 10:43 (Ref:2845386)   #4
pd88
Rookie

pd88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
29 cars is a very healthy turn out for the first round at Donington
Old 14 Mar 2011, 12:49 (Ref:2845438)   #5
nigel grant
Rookie

nigel grant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Historic FF1600 for sale

John Sykes is selling his merlyn if anybody is interested its just come back from CRD and is on the button and ready to go.Contact him @TR Bitz if anyones interested.I don,t think you'll find one much better.
Old 14 Mar 2011, 15:04 (Ref:2845557)   #6
pd88
Rookie

when will Callum be out in his car?
Old 2 Apr 2011, 17:27 (Ref:2857444)   #7
nigel grant
Rookie

nigel grant should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Paul for not replying I havn't been on the forum for a while.Callum will be out after his GCSE's but he has tested at Anglesey and went resonably well for his first time.We'll have to see how he goes when he gets into a proper race, I don,t want to put the cart before the horse so we'll just have to wait and see but he went ok, main thing was he enjoyed it.
Old 2 Apr 2011, 17:37 (Ref:2857448)   #8
matlockscot
Rookie

matlockscot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mike Gardner has a VD FA73. No doubt it will be spot on of any of his other cars are anything to go by..

http://www.gtmotorsportuk.com/For%20Sale/
Old 13 Aug 2011, 09:45 (Ref:2939189)   #9
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
Er, we are PRE - 1972 actually..thanks.

It's started again...I'm being asked what there is out there for 2012 season. Any feedback would be appreciated.
Old 13 Aug 2011, 16:07 (Ref:2939264)   #10
Auriga
Rookie

Auriga should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dikko

I have a freshy rebuilt (from the chassis up) Jamun T2 with rebuilt engine and gearbox ready to go for sensible money. I also know of a few other cars.

Regards

Peter
PA Motorsport
Old 15 Aug 2011, 07:39 (Ref:2939790)   #11
McMuttley
Racer

England
Bromley
McMuttley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Auriga View Post
Dikko

I have a freshy rebuilt (from the chassis up) Jamun T2
I have a Vertibrae C2 dating to 1964 that is in need of a total rebuild.
Old 15 Aug 2011, 12:00 (Ref:2939918)   #12
pd88
Rookie

Colin Wright told me at Croft; he is selling 2 Hitsoric FF1600 cars, a Merlyn mk11 and Merlyn mk17; if they are anything like his Reynard SF79; they will be very nice cars
Old 16 Aug 2011, 16:12 (Ref:2941778)   #13
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
Cheers chaps, Mc Muttley yours isn't eligible, they were banned in period for wetting their floor panels too often. Or maybe you weren't even a glint, Whippersnapper!
Old 16 Aug 2011, 16:32 (Ref:2941783)   #14
dulon
Rookie

Malta
Kent
dulon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Dusty (i mean Paul) Hubbard has his merlyn mk20 for sale, just need to drop your own engine in. anyone interested let me know and ill pass on his contact details.
Old 6 Dec 2011, 22:59 (Ref:2996190)   #15
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
2012 season coming up.

Thanks for the info fellas, look forward to seeing you in 2012 Dulon, hope build is coming on.

Anyone else with a pre-72 for sale let us know and we'll pass it on for those wanting to join us,
For our full dates click on to the HSCC web site. BBQ & social dates TBA
No new changes to regs for 2012; for a full Drivers/AGM update - PM me.
Have a peaceful Christmas and here's to even more fun in 2012.
New Year Racers walk in Herts on the 8th Jan - meet the competition over a pint
Old 9 Mar 2012, 14:55 (Ref:3037532)   #16
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
Update on 2012 season. Our newsletter recently sent out....
Historic Formula Ford 2012 Season opener.
Donington Saturday 17th March
Welcome.
Glad to say a lot of us are fighting fit after winter hibernation by the looks of things. A lot of
old faces will be back and on the new faces front we have a few Novice Contenders
including a man called Shui... New to our series is London lawyer Julian Pierce, son of F3
racer Maxim Bartell (who dipped his toe in one race last year) William Nuthall from
Nottingham and Scott Lawrie from Lancashire. Welcome also to Ian Jeary in a Dulon LD9
coming over occasionally from the Classic FF's and Simon Baines who is also new to us.
We welcome them all and anyone else joining our little series.
Flying Finns etc.
Our drivers from further afield are still with us too with Italian Ciro Pavesi will be joining us
in a month or two, Koichi Watanuki will be up for some more racing with us when the
flights from Japan are convenient. Simon Brown is also introducing Syuuichirou Nagakubo
[schu for short!] from the same neck of the woods also joining us later in the year and
driving one of his Merlyns. Quite an international series we are becoming...
Louis Hanjoul our nearest neighbour from Belgique (or is it Les Beards from the Isle Of
Mann?) looking forward to doing as many as they can and our very own Norse invader
Pertti Kiveri will be landing on these shores to pillage a few points nearer the top
bringing along with him Roland Svensson, from Sweden in Colin Wrights' MK17 Merlyn.
Watch out! Cup loser...
A firm welcome back to Alistair Littlewood. from us all. After a paddock bash on his bike
half way through the year resulted in a broken leg Alistair, (who was heading very happily
for the Novice Cup rather than the bonnet of a car) had to sit his first year out with us but
is repaired and back. Going on his limited number of fast outings with us he may be end
up within reach of the Series Cup, one to watch.
The Top Ten.
If Benn Simms or Robert Wainwright aren't in the running this year then other youngsters
tipped for series stardom will be Callum Grant (already seen out testing in deep mid
winter...) Simon Toyne (of course) always knock, knock, knocking on the top step along

with David Wild (OK not quite a youngster but one does have to butter up a series
sponsor..).
And there again, the young old un's Ian Ashley, Stuart Baird, Derek Rogers, Chris
Sharples, Brian Morris, Stephen King and anyone with a Mitchell after his christian name
might be good for the odd win too...
For the rest of us well, we'll just have a good time!
If we keep it clean it should be fun for us, our wives, families and spectators. After all we
are the most exciting series of the crop...
See you out there.
Old 9 Mar 2012, 23:07 (Ref:3037747)   #17
McMuttley
Racer

England
Bromley
McMuttley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Big D

An interesting entry list for the new season, a few fast names not on there (young and old???) a few fat Mr Blobby's not there (me sadly in particular), so a great opportunity for all to stake a place in the points and on the podium. Dont let me down, I expect to see the bright banana wedge flying high on the live timing screens - and remember dont spin in front of Mr Grumpy!

I trust i'll find you in the paddock for the traditional pre-race wind-up.

Good re-assuring news from my doc yesterday on the pending neck operation - I quote - "It's one of the most risky, one slip from the surgeon and your'e in a chair, I wouldnt do it" !!!! I'm totally re-assured now - I might take the less risky option and race with you instead?

Good luck to all for the season opener - lets hope its more exciting than tonite's Sky F1 opener !
Old 18 May 2012, 10:33 (Ref:3076031)   #18
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
We have another wanting to join us, short of changing it into a Marathon race series - he doesn't have a car....anyone got one for sale?

Latest newsletter before Silverstone.

Grandstand Motorsport Tours in association with AVON Tyres

HSCC Historic Formula Ford Series newsletter no 2 May 2012.

The Wolds Trophy Cadwell Park. Silverstone next!

SIMON TOYNE took a first First!!!

Laying 3rd on the last lap he watched David Wild & Callum Grant fight for the same space at Cadwells Park Corner "A racing incident" both agreed which took each other off (got back on rather quickly too) for Simon to take a calculated happy win in the wet first race. Four leaders made it memorable with series ex champ Westie Mitchell giving them a run for our and the spectators money. Derek Rodgers, Alistair Littlewood, Pertti Kiverii, Stuart Baird, Brian Morris and Louis Hanjoul making up the top ten.

Finishing positions were the starting order for Sundays race except that while the grid marshall was erroneously moving our Pertti the start marshall decided to go into start mode! Our Finnish friend was 45 degrees to everyone when the lights went out - boy did he make some places up on the first lap! Simons Pole start evaporated quickly to the Wild/Grant race with dry set-ups effecting anyone in the wet wooded area and wet set-ups on the dry fast reaches. Westie dropping out due to illness. Callum taunted David Wild's domination of leadership on the last lap by taking victory away from our Grandstand Motorsports Sponsor with Derek, Pertii and Simon a very tight threesome across the line.

There were one or two recoveries memorable to most spectators watching from the Cafe area. The best being Stuart Baird's with a catch of the fastest reversal up the mountain and a 180 degree desperate carry-on that Sid James would have been proud of, to come 6th. THREE SECONDS separated the next 5 combatants with new to HFF Roland Svensson (and one to watch) with a brilliant 7th (from row 8) and Mathew Sturmer from row 7, in 8th. New boy Ian Pearson equally impressive taking 10 places, being a patient reserve for half the weekend.

All bar Alistair and Phillip Walker finished (undamaged). Callum's best lap 1/2 second ahead of all.

A good weekend with the exception of Pertti going back home with a few more grey hairs...

Part of Pertti's problem was that one or two others were unsure of their grid places and started out of position instead of sticking to the original plan. If anyone drops out of the race at the last minute their place should NOT be filled by the next car unless told to do so from the marshalls.

In today's expensive climate we do not have the luxury of grid marshalls positioning us all at every race. Please make sure you know where to go, and keep to it, guys & girls!

SAD NEWS.

For those that have raced in the past with him know, Crispin Scheafli hasn't been out with us for some time while he has been looking after his wife and family. It is with sadness and great sympathy we learn of the following.

Received 8th May from HSCC, I am very sorry to have to give you the news that after a long period of illness Crispin’s wife Vic passed away over the weekend. I am sure all our thoughts are with Crispin and his family. Chris Sharples, Chairman.

Silverstone

We have yet more intakes to our little fold- being two young engineers David Innes and Andrew Wiggins, both in ex USA Titan MK6's. They are new to racing. We welcome them both, and I'm hoping that if anyone is approached by someone asking the odd dumb question, they will remember their first dip into our sport and give them all the help they can!

We are at the super GP Circuit which apart from the restful Hanger Straight (Big gears boys!) is very much suited to Formula Ford racing. Some brilliant corners to attack.

Saturday 19th May – Sunday 20th May 2012

Provisional Timetable (as of 9th May)

Saturday 19th May Sign On and Practice Race

Scrutineering

01. Historic Road Sports/70s From 07.30 09.00-09.20 14.00-14.20 (20 Mins)

02. Guards GT From 08.00 09.35-10.00 14.35-15.15 (40 Mins)

03. Historic Formula Ford From 08.20 10.15-10.35 15.35-15.55 (20 Mins)