Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 7 Nov 2016, 19:07 (Ref:3686285)   #1151
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
I still think scheduling an endurance race in France, in June, is a bad idea if you're not the ACO. But I also think using Paul Ricard for it is a bad idea.

No Nurburgring for Endurance? But Barcelona? That's a bit sad.

The Paul Ricard enduro is always a really good race

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 7 Nov 2016, 19:20 (Ref:3686290)   #1152
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, that's up for debate. It struggled for interest a few times as people were burnt out after Le Mans. So viewing figures on streams struggled. And the racing was good, but the track is almost unwatchable at times with how awful it is to look at.

The questions regarding that race are - would it be better off being moved away from the LM date? And would it be better off being run at another circuit?

First question is almost certainly a yes. Second question, well it depends what you think of stripey car parks.
Old 7 Nov 2016, 19:32 (Ref:3686294)   #1153
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
The questions regarding that race are - would it be better off being moved away from the LM date?[...] First question is almost certainly a yes.
SRO specifically moved their second longest race from the fall date at the Nürburgring to Paul Richard to give their teams a chance for a dress rehearsal for the Spa 24. And with that date being basically fixed, there really isn't particularly much wiggle room. It pretty much has to be in the late June/early July time frame.

As for the choice of track: That's also somewhat limited if you want to have a night race. Many circuits have restrictions for night time racing.
Old 7 Nov 2016, 20:02 (Ref:3686299)   #1154
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
SRO specifically moved their second longest race from the fall date at the Nürburgring to Paul Richard to give their teams a chance for a dress rehearsal for the Spa 24. And with that date being basically fixed, there really isn't particularly much wiggle room. It pretty much has to be in the late June/early July time frame.

As for the choice of track: That's also somewhat limited if you want to have a night race. Many circuits have restrictions for night time racing.

I don't find the timing an issue, and get that it has to be there as a dress rehearsal for spa 24

As for the circuit. It's not a killer circuit but the racing has always been great and that's all I care about.

The sunset does it best justice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 8 Nov 2016, 13:14 (Ref:3686498)   #1155
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
...but the track is almost unwatchable at times with how awful it is to look at.

The questions regarding that race are - would it be better off being moved away from the LM date? And would it be better off being run at another circuit?

First question is almost certainly a yes. Second question, well it depends what you think of stripey car parks.
Totally agree - Paul Ricard is an awful circuit to watch racing at/from - it's actually painful at times, what is all that paint about? Dreadful place.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 13:36 (Ref:3686501)   #1156
MaskedRacer
Veteran

MaskedRacer User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
I think the Strakka move to McLaren in Blancpain GT is fantastic! I hope you agree. I'd prefer Blancpain GT to WEC LMP2 any day any time.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 14:21 (Ref:3686509)   #1157
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
You're comparing a series with a class.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 16:06 (Ref:3686540)   #1158
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaskedRacer View Post
I think the Strakka move to McLaren in Blancpain GT is fantastic! I hope you agree. I'd prefer Blancpain GT to WEC LMP2 any day any time.
To these Mclaren You must add the AF Corse Ferraris in GT Pro.
http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/af...rrari-entries/
Old 8 Nov 2016, 16:45 (Ref:3686548)   #1159
TzeiTzei
Veteran

Finland
TzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTzeiTzei should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good for Strakka. It has become more difficult for real gentleman drivers to have any success in WEC LMP2. Also I think that they are taking a big step as a team, becoming more than "just a hobby" of Leventis.
Old 8 Nov 2016, 19:56 (Ref:3686596)   #1160
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
In terms of its now terminated WEC programme, which was cut short this season due to engine issues, Walmsley says that the timing of the 2017 LMP1 L regulations came too late for the team to make a commitment to the series.

“The regs came too late to get a P1L car ready for 2017 and to stay in the championship next year would have meant acquiring a P2 car,” he explained. “It is a fantastic Championship so expect to see us back racing there again.”
Sounds quite like they're going to do Blancpain and P1L at some point.
Old 11 Nov 2016, 23:19 (Ref:3687290)   #1161
hondafan37
Veteran

Argentina
Buenos Aires, Argentine
hondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridhondafan37 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kaspersky Confirms Fisichella, Cioci in Pro Cup Ferrari
http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/ka...-blancpain-gt/
Old 12 Nov 2016, 02:55 (Ref:3687316)   #1162
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Sounds quite like they're going to do Blancpain and P1L at some point.
Yeah it sounds like that. Hopefully the dome is still eligible.
Old 12 Nov 2016, 05:50 (Ref:3687354)   #1163
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by hondafan37 View Post
Kaspersky Confirms Fisichella, Cioci in Pro Cup Ferrari

http://sportscar365.com/blancpain/ka...-blancpain-gt/

Good to see a proper full pro AF Corse entry unlike the yellow car this year which had Pier Guidi and Rugolo but was let down by Lathouras. Nothing against him but not on the same level as the other two especially Pier Guidi.
Old 12 Nov 2016, 10:35 (Ref:3687390)   #1164
Marcel ten Caat
Veteran

Netherlands
The Netherlands
Marcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMarcel ten Caat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by rich07 View Post
Good to see a proper full pro AF Corse entry unlike the yellow car this year which had Pier Guidi and Rugolo but was let down by Lathouras. Nothing against him but not on the same level as the other two especially Pier Guidi.
Lathouras was the only reason that car raced though. And with Rugolo and Pier Guidi it was never even possible to race in Pro-Am because of their rating.
Old 12 Nov 2016, 11:07 (Ref:3687396)   #1165
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcel ten Caat View Post
Lathouras was the only reason that car raced though. And with Rugolo and Pier Guidi it was never even possible to race in Pro-Am because of their rating.

You're right. Without Lathouras funding it, it would've never raced and with the two pros they couldn't have been classed as Pro Am. I'd just like to see some actual top line pro lineups for Ferrari in Pro Cup like most other manufacturers have. The last solid Pro car for Ferrari was the Rinaldi green machine with Norbert Siedler and Marco Seefried and they have nowhere the resources that AF Corse has and look what they achieved.
Old 13 Nov 2016, 07:50 (Ref:3687558)   #1166
bentley speed 8
Veteran

Sri Lanka
bentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbentley speed 8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The yellow Ferrari almost won at Paul Ricard though. If they had pitted along with the McLaren, they would probably have taken a comfortable win.

Anyways, will Lathouras be back next year as well?
Old 13 Nov 2016, 18:54 (Ref:3687745)   #1167
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Here's hoping; as genuine 'Am's go, he was excellent. I remember being really impressed with him in British GT at Oulton Park the year before too.
Old 23 Jun 2017, 14:31 (Ref:3746264)   #1168
fasterthanyou1
Rookie

fasterthanyou1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Blancpain drivers

This thread should be revived since we're in the midst of paul ricard!
What does everyone think of Nissan's chances?

I've been following this young british lad and he's been pretty bigged up all his career but seems like a humble guy https://www.trackdays.co.uk/news/bla...ng-track-days/

I reckon he might have a chance!