Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 14 Mar 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3807944)   #51
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
IMG just launched the ARX: Americas Rallycross Championship. Opening round will take place at Silverstone (as part of the World round), R2 at Canada, R3 and Circuit of the Americas (alongside the World Championship rounds). Location of the fourth and final round to be confirmed.

VW (Andretti) and Subaru confirmed to enter.
Beetle and Subaru are full WRX cars?

So Lite teams can move to IMG or stay with GRC but have to invest money to upgrade cars. I doubt GRC will win this.
Old 14 Mar 2018, 21:58 (Ref:3808053)   #52
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Beetle and Subaru are full WRX cars?

So Lite teams can move to IMG or stay with GRC but have to invest money to upgrade cars. I doubt GRC will win this.
Max Pucher seems pretty switched on so his involvement/investment in the GRC makes me think there is a bigger picture I'm not seeing. As things stand now though, I am struggling to see how the GRC is going to draw drivers in this year.
Old 15 Mar 2018, 14:50 (Ref:3808156)   #53
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I am struggling to see how the GRC is going to draw drivers in this year.
The silhouette GRC with no manufacturers will have ridebuyers only, I guess.
Old 15 Mar 2018, 16:37 (Ref:3808185)   #54
daWOOKIE
Rookie

daWOOKIE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Max Pucher seems pretty switched on so his involvement/investment in the GRC makes me think there is a bigger picture I'm not seeing. As things stand now though, I am struggling to see how the GRC is going to draw drivers in this year.
It will depend on if the GRC will actually be able to keep their TV deal with NBC or not (or if they get bumped to NBC Sports exclusively)

If they can (and I think RedBull has that locked in so I am not meaning to imply there is much doubt) then you might still see teams like Brian Herta, Colin Dyne, Steve Arpin and such staying and other drivers bring backing.

VW Andretti and Subaru were never going to stay with a one make series unless they were the one make so their departure with Honda (I think the Honda contract ran through last season anyway) isn't shocking.

The real question is what marketing/TV package will IMG put together for Americas Rally Cross and will that sustain any independent teams or attract any other manufacturers.

Subaru is a small enough manufacturer that the fan engagement and activation programs around their rally cross and stage rally programs in the US can easily justify their expense even if the audience is as small as it is.

I suspect that VW Andretti is making the switch as there is a contract in place forcing Andretti to keep running the Beetles forcing them to leave the GRC and do ARX regardless of the media package.

So that's 4 cars for ARX, unless Honda goes over, Hoonigan goes back to ARX, and Arpin goes to ARX (which unless there is a good media package isn't going to happen) that will be 4 cars for which will make for a very poor showing.

There wasn't enough manufacturer teams/entries in the GRC last year to guarantee a good field for ARX once GRC went to the one make model without some private super car teams and atleast Dyne's car is up for sale already...
Old 15 Mar 2018, 22:06 (Ref:3808240)   #55
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Even less reason to go anywhere near this. IMG owning more is never a god thing
Old 16 Mar 2018, 23:04 (Ref:3808444)   #56
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Maybe I am wrong but have the impression the Platinum cars and GRC Euro is more a initiative of Pucher than GRC.
Old 19 Mar 2018, 02:13 (Ref:3809011)   #57
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!

Looks sharp.
Old 16 May 2018, 22:38 (Ref:3822938)   #58
MissClarrpz
Racer

MissClarrpz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
IMG just launched the ARX: Americas Rallycross Championship. Opening round will take place at Silverstone (as part of the World round), R2 at Canada, R3 and Circuit of the Americas (alongside the World Championship rounds). Location of the fourth and final round to be confirmed.

VW (Andretti) and Subaru confirmed to enter.
Any news for Silverstone (or at all, maybe a website or even a facebook account)? While no timetable for the event yet you'd have expected an entry list and a proper launch. Waiting till Canada or dead in the water?
Old 17 May 2018, 08:05 (Ref:3822980)   #59
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
Any news for Silverstone (or at all, maybe a website or even a facebook account)? While no timetable for the event yet you'd have expected an entry list and a proper launch. Waiting till Canada or dead in the water?
There is an official website and Facebook, but both seem pretty quiet at the moment.

Based on what has been said thus far I believe that there should be at least four cars at Silverstone (two Beetles and two Scoobs) and at least six cars at the remaining three rounds (as the two Focus RS RX join the series).
Old 17 May 2018, 22:57 (Ref:3823139)   #60
MissClarrpz
Racer

Silverstone have released a timetable that gives American RX their own qualifying heats separate from World RX (in Q3 at least). If there's going to be less than 10 cars (I would expect) then you might as well put them in with WRX then give them their own Semis (if needed) and Final.

Also ARX have on their website Rd2 is at CotA in July but no exact date yet.
Old 22 May 2018, 07:55 (Ref:3823907)   #61
MissClarrpz
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissClarrpz View Post
If there's going to be less than 10 cars (I would expect) then you might as well put them in with WRX then give them their own Semis (if needed) and Final.
Don't know what that guy was thinking.
https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...t-1040296/?s=1

10 cars for Silverstone
Volkswagen Andretti Autosport - VW Beatle - Scott Speed
Volkswagen Andretti Autosport - VW Beatle - Tanner Foust
Subaru Rally Team USA - Subaru WRX STI - Patrick Sandell
Subaru Rally Team USA - Subaru WRX STI - Chris Atkinson
Subaru Rally Team USA - Subaru WRX STI - David Higgins
Albatec Racing squad - Peugeot 208 - Andy Scott
Munnich Motorsport - Seat Ibiza - Rene Munnich
Munnich Motorsport - Seat Ibiza - Timo Scheider
LD Motorsports - Citroen DS3 - Liam Doran
G-FORS - Renault Clio RSRX - Philippe Maloigne

Quote:
Ken Block will join the series in round two at COTA driving a Ford Focus RS RX, alongside former GRC racer Steve Arpin.
Not sure who will be full season other than the VWs and maybe 2 of the Subarus

Watch Rd1 for free on Facebook (for America at least)
Old 22 May 2018, 08:22 (Ref:3823914)   #62
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
The ARX Facebook has finally sprung into life and there is a 10 car entry for Silverstone. Given that the ARX is seperate venture, I have started a new thread for it:

Ten Tenths - ARX 2018