Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 7 Dec 2012, 07:11 (Ref:3176081)   #1
Kid Roberts
Rookie

Kid Roberts should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of My Pictures From This Year

I'm new here, so I don't know if this is frowned upon or what not, but here are some pictures I took at Mid Ohio and Schenley Park this year.

Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix at Schenley Park

Manley Ford celebrates his victory:

Me in a Lola T-70 Spyder:

Rollcentre Racing Pescarolo:

Porsche 906:

Cheetah:

Last edited by Kid Roberts; 7 Dec 2012 at 07:18.
Old 7 Dec 2012, 07:17 (Ref:3176084)   #2
mscott
Rookie

United Kingdom
hampshire
mscott should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
some great pics i love the t70.
Old 7 Dec 2012, 10:51 (Ref:3176135)   #3
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great pictures, especially the wheel lifting Abarth. Schenley Park looks great but looks as if it's a sprint course rather than a race circuit.
Old 7 Dec 2012, 11:29 (Ref:3176142)   #4
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yep, good to get some from across the pond. Got anymore?
Old 7 Dec 2012, 18:11 (Ref:3176274)   #5
delcomb
Rookie

Canada
Chatham, Ontario
delcomb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddelcomb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Great pictures, especially the wheel lifting Abarth. Schenley Park looks great but looks as if it's a sprint course rather than a race circuit.
It's only a race circuit once a year. About 2.3 miles, 20 corners (including 2 downhill switchbacks with fieldstone walls both sides!). My father used to run his '32 Morgan trike there, and I have run my Dreossi FJr a number of times. The haybales let you know where the sewer grates are. Track description at http://www.pvgp.org/drivers/vintage-...y-circuit-map/

Doug
Old 7 Dec 2012, 18:47 (Ref:3176281)   #6
Kid Roberts
Rookie

Thanks for the feedback. I have a lot more pictures to post...I'll upload some more!
Old 7 Dec 2012, 19:04 (Ref:3176286)   #7
Kid Roberts
Rookie

Wayne Carini:

A personal favorite of mine:

These two swapped the lead lap-after-lap:

One of the highlights of the weekend for me:

Unimog!

Last edited by Kid Roberts; 7 Dec 2012 at 19:13.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 19:37 (Ref:3176621)   #8
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delcomb View Post
It's only a race circuit once a year. About 2.3 miles, 20 corners (including 2 downhill switchbacks with fieldstone walls both sides!). My father used to run his '32 Morgan trike there, and I have run my Dreossi FJr a number of times. The haybales let you know where the sewer grates are. Track description at http://www.pvgp.org/drivers/vintage-...y-circuit-map/

Doug
Hey Doug,
Good to hear from you. Are you comimng over next year.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 19:39 (Ref:3176624)   #9
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Wow that track looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the pics.
Old 8 Dec 2012, 20:43 (Ref:3176647)   #10
Kid Roberts
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Wow that track looks like a lot of fun. Thanks for the pics.
I'm fairly certain it's the last 'true' street circuit in the world. There are only hay bales on some of the trees. A few years ago they had some BMW CSL's there since BMW was the marque of the year. Those were pretty cool to see.
Old 9 Dec 2012, 19:54 (Ref:3176892)   #11
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Hmmm,sure does look like fun,but so is Monaco,Pau,Aunguleme,Porto,Macau,East London,Im sure there are more.
Old 10 Dec 2012, 10:44 (Ref:3177025)   #12
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Hmmm,sure does look like fun,but so is Monaco,Pau,Aunguleme,Porto,Macau,East London,Im sure there are more.
Not sure anyone would get away with the unprotected kerbs in Europe. They are also quite low kerbs - don't see too many of them around these days.

Would Phoenix Park come close to the concept of barely protected regular roads? (Except they are in a park of course, but "straw bales" concepts and so on.)
Old 10 Dec 2012, 10:49 (Ref:3177029)   #13
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid Roberts View Post
I'm new here, so I don't know if this is frowned upon or what not, but here are some pictures I took at Mid Ohio and Schenley Park this year.

Cheetah:

Interesting stuff.

I always had a soft spot for the Cheetah.

Thanks for posting them.
Old 10 Dec 2012, 17:38 (Ref:3177197)   #14
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Interesting stuff.

I always had a soft spot for the Cheetah.
They didn't go OTT with bodywork, did they!!!!!

I have never seen one in UK. Mmmmmm......
Old 10 Dec 2012, 18:03 (Ref:3177215)   #15
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://youtu.be/IBG9MPnpXF4