Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 7 Aug 2002, 20:30 (Ref:352555)   #1
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hotels near Snetterton ????

Does anyone know any half decent hotels near Snetterton ?

Whenever i usually go to Snetterton i stay at the Norwich Hilton , but i would much rather stay closer to the circuit .

Has anyone been to this hotel ?

Breckland Lodge Hotel
London Road
Attleborough

it looks like its about a mile away from the circuit which would be better as i could walk in rather than take the car .
Any other comments on where you stay , i would be most grateful .
Old 7 Aug 2002, 20:43 (Ref:352574)   #2
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Try The Angel... but it's very popular so you might **** out...
Old 7 Aug 2002, 20:46 (Ref:352581)   #3
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Jay, It's not that bad from what I hear but is usually fully booked for race meetings as its less than a mile from the track. The Stag pub is right next door and the White Lodge pub 100 yds up the road. If you want to be really flash, you could stay at the Dunston Hall Hotel a few miles south of Norwich. Will cost you though - most of the BTCC drivers stay there for the Toca meet. Got its own golf course etc,. You could try phoning the track, they are very helpful.
Old 8 Aug 2002, 07:51 (Ref:352826)   #4
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSato san should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Craig , i have been in the Angel before for a few drinks and some food , nice friendly people in there. thanks

Andrew , thanks for that ,i might have to make some calls .

Breckland Lodge sounds ok then if its not full , i like the sound of 2 pubs very close by !

I might have to take a look at Dunston Hall too , but will have to see how pricey it is . I just find that the Norwich ring road is a pain sometimes so if can find a decent hotel south of that then it would be good .

thanks again.
Old 8 Aug 2002, 11:49 (Ref:352966)   #5
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Have you tried to see if there are any Travel Inns close by?
www.travelinn.co.uk I believe.
Old 8 Aug 2002, 20:10 (Ref:353351)   #6
Vatanen
Racer

Vatanen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There's a Linton Travel Tavern on the A11 I think.
Old 8 Aug 2002, 20:22 (Ref:353362)   #7
Andrew Kitson
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
5 minutes from Snetterton
Andrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAndrew Kitson should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
There's a Travel Lodge at the services where the A11 meets the A47 just before Norwich and Dunston Hall is on the left hand side of the A140 heading south about a mile after the A140/A47 junction. You could also try a few places in Attleborough itself? This small market town is only 3 miles up the road from Snett towards Norwich.I would say though that the previously mentioned Breckland Lodge is the one due to it's proximity to the circuit. Oh..and the boozers!
Old 8 Aug 2002, 21:12 (Ref:353408)   #8
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
well, ive had a look at Dunston Hall's web site , and that looks very smart !...£ 150 a night though and i think i may be looking a 2 nights ???.....

i think i may give Breckland Lodge a ring , due to the boozers location also . Cant find any pictures or info on it on the net though which is a shame .
Old 8 Aug 2002, 21:26 (Ref:353424)   #9
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
150 quid a night ?! Bloody hell! You'd be better off hiring a Winebago and stopping in the paddock!
Old 9 Aug 2002, 06:52 (Ref:353581)   #10
Stephen Green
Race Official
Veteran

England
Faversham, Kent
Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!Stephen Green has a real shot at the podium!
Well, Travel Inn's and Travel Lodge's are about £43 per night and very comfortable.
Old 9 Aug 2002, 08:21 (Ref:353636)   #11
Sato san
Veteran

United Kingdom
thats more like it !....