Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Road Car Forums > Road Car Forum

Old 27 Jul 2017, 13:16 (Ref:3754698)   #136
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new lap record!
What is going to be the next "thing" that the government is going to say is good/bad for us and then do a U turn ? we've seen all sorts over the years, coffee/sugar/diesel , there must be lots of things and someone makes a lot of money when it happens
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 27 Jul 2017, 13:51 (Ref:3754711)   #137
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
What is going to be the next "thing" that the government is going to say is good/bad for us and then do a U turn ? we've seen all sorts over the years, coffee/sugar/diesel , there must be lots of things and someone makes a lot of money when it happens
Petrol will be the next thing to bash once someone wakes up and realises how much extra benzene, which is highly carcinogenic, is added to petrol since they banned lead additives.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 14:22 (Ref:3754722)   #138
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
Petrol will be the next thing to bash once someone wakes up and realises how much extra benzene, which is highly carcinogenic, is added to petrol since they banned lead additives.
Air.

A licence will be required before one can draw breath.

So much simpler to track once underskin biometric chips become a requirement.
Old 27 Jul 2017, 16:14 (Ref:3754762)   #139
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
I can't see the increase in EV sales being anything but gradual over the next 23 years, so don't understand the panic being expressed in some quarters over having enough electricity to keep up with demand. And what's to say that in 2040 pure battery powered electric cars will be the best technology for emissions free motoring? Maybe hydrogen fuel cell cars will have taken over the mantle?

A comment being made that makes sense to me, is that all our government have done is to rubber stamp an evolution that will naturally happen anyway....
Old 27 Jul 2017, 19:04 (Ref:3754828)   #140
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I can't see the increase in EV sales being anything but gradual over the next 23 years, so don't understand the panic being expressed in some quarters over having enough electricity to keep up with demand. And what's to say that in 2040 pure battery powered electric cars will be the best technology for emissions free motoring? Maybe hydrogen fuel cell cars will have taken over the mantle?

A comment being made that makes sense to me, is that all our government have done is to rubber stamp an evolution that will naturally happen anyway....
Then they had no need to rubber stamp anything nor influence the possible timescale.

They must have some other matters in mind.

A smoke screen for something else that is happening currently - some sort of effort to outflank the Brexit negotiations farce? Or appeal to that
lad Macron?

Or are they simply setting out pathfinder flares for the introduction of ever wider taxation?

Meanwhile they seem to be losing control of large parts of London to gang warfare.

I suppose that's another way of solving the pollution issue.
Old 29 Jul 2017, 06:11 (Ref:3755282)   #141
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone stay up for the official Model 3 launch last night?

As I'm at Silverstone enjoying the performance of a 50 + year old 4.2 litre straight 6 (fuelled by 105 octane leaded ), I wasn't in a position to find a stream showing it......
Old 29 Jul 2017, 12:37 (Ref:3755437)   #142
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!Akrapovic is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Anyone stay up for the official Model 3 launch last night?

As I'm at Silverstone enjoying the performance of a 50 + year old 4.2 litre straight 6 (fuelled by 105 octane leaded ), I wasn't in a position to find a stream showing it......
I didn't stay up, but I did watch it this morning.

The entire event:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4a0GCIbfuKQ

Amateur video of the interior:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiv9esQ3Glw

Ignoring the whole environment stuff, and just looking at this as a car, there's a few things that are interesting. The quality of the machine looks fantastic. Very high quality interior. The amount of space is amazing. Lots of storage where the gearbox and other such things would be. Massive amount of room in the front and rear for passengers.

Not entirely sold on the touch screen still. I prefer physical buttons. Not sold on the screen position and having no instrument panel, but some short reviews from those who have driven it have said they were surprised how well it worked, because the speedo is in the top left (top right for UK) of the screen, so you see it in the corner of your eye. The interior is clearly designed with full autonomy in mind.

Stats are impressive. 300 mile range for the big one. 0-60 in 5 seconds is fast no matter what's powering you. 200 mile range for the smaller one. Access to the Supercharger network.

Now I just need to save some pennies.

Edit: people tend to really hate Musks speeches because he's quite a poor public speaker. I actually like that, rather than having Mr Corporate out where the whole thing feels cold. This feels like he's talking about a hobby he loves, which is kinda nice. Terrible public speaker, but I like it. Reminds me of E3 when Ubisoft bring out developers to talk and they're pretty bad, but it's great because it's something they love. Then EA roll out a man in a suit who talks in business terms to people who want to see the next Titanfall came, and it's awful.
Old 29 Jul 2017, 14:40 (Ref:3755470)   #143
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Thanks! From my experience so far of Polar and EcoTricity charging networks, I wish I was on the waiting list for a model 3 so could eventually access the Supercharger network.....

I was moved to email one of the above to complain about faulty chargers, and do have some concerns about the maintenance of them!