Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 Oct 2017, 07:06 (Ref:3774606)   #3181
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Another first yesterday- I met fellow historic tenther John Elwin at last! Despite the usual Friday nightmare that is our British M'ways, and a satnav that was way off target (French?), John called in on his way to an event at his old school in deepest N Norfolk. (The one with the very cold and very dusty squash courts..... )

Good to meet you John! Hope the journey home is less disrupted....
Thank you Mike! Starting at your workshops, the rest of the weekend was absolutely brilliant & no delays on the return trip until I got to Dover - a Romanian truck had broken down on the roundabout by the docks entrance. My sat nav was made in Holland & bought in King's Lynn, but many years ago.

Gresham's has upgraded its facilities somewhat & I very much doubt there are dusty squash courts any longer! I was a bit shocked at how even Norfolk is now so overcrowded - no room to park in Blakeney on an October Sunday...

Really good to meet you too & I'm sorry I delayed you going home but as I said I hope to be back in January when there'll be a bit more time to put the World & Bauble's shortcomings to rights around the Bell tea Urn! Hope you had a good trip down to Ricard.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 08:47 (Ref:3774622)   #3182
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Yep, we had this up in South Lincs. Quite dramatic. I half expected to see the 4horsemen of the Apocalypse gallop over the horizon.
I thought they had already been to your place, John!
Old 17 Oct 2017, 08:49 (Ref:3774623)   #3183
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Elwin. How did you know my comings were short?
Old 17 Oct 2017, 09:33 (Ref:3774632)   #3184
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
Mr Elwin. How did you know my comings were short?

Call it intuition!
Old 17 Oct 2017, 18:27 (Ref:3774701)   #3185
gary396
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit of advanced information from the VSCC for anyone thinking of entering the Pomeroy Trophy at Silverstone next year:

Date - Saturday 24th February 2018.

Entries opened on 13th October and will close two weeks before the event.

New for 2018 will be the running of a ‘Sports Libre’ class.
Old 17 Oct 2017, 21:19 (Ref:3774741)   #3186
Colin McKay
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A great quote in our local online rag ref the red sun "I thought it was the end of the world so I ran outside with my camera"
Old 17 Oct 2017, 21:20 (Ref:3774742)   #3187
Colin McKay
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry, double post
Old 18 Oct 2017, 06:12 (Ref:3774795)   #3188
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
A great quote in our local online rag ref the red sun "I thought it was the end of the world so I ran outside with my camera"

Well, you just gotta have a selfie for every occasion these days!