Old 17 Feb 2017, 15:43 (Ref:3712882)   #1
Chigley
Veteran

England
Newbury, Berkshire
Chigley should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The Supercar Event 2017 24th and 25th June

Hi guys and gals,
It’s The Supercar Event (TSE) time again at Dunsfold Park, Compass Gate, Dunsfold Road, Surrey GU6 8HY on Sat and Sunday 24th and 25th June 2017 in its 11th year of raising funds for The Children’s Trust which is the UK’s leading charity for children with a brain injury.
If you are a MSA registered marshal could you please use the availability form on www.marshals.org.uk that also has info and directions attached.
Annually we raise circa £100k net profit over a weekend.
120 – 170 drivers give their their time, fuel, tyres, super / hyper cars, etc. for absolutely no fee, giving passenger rides to the paying public from age 8 and above at speeds of up to 100mph (subjected to passenger age and disposition).
This event above all others gives me an enormous buzz of pleasure and satisfaction that we have given 16,000 odd people an interactive motoring event for the whole family which leaves everyone with huge smiles of satisfaction and of having had great fun. Plus, the fact that we have helped to donate so much money to such a wonderful charity.
The camping situation is probably the same as last year, but I will confirm this is the case or not, i.e. basically no camping on site. There are however two potential sites in close proximity to the airfield. The Three Compasses Dunsfold Rd, Alfold, Cranleigh GU6 8HY T: 01483 275729 is literally at the entrance gate and I’ll need to confirm with the manager that they are happy for tents to be erected. Additionally another pub/campsite is http://www.limeburnersbillingshurst.co.uk which is about 7 -8 miles from site is used by some of the local volunteers.
Additional info:
http://thesupercarevent.com/
https://www.thechildrenstrust.org.uk/
Facebook TSE group
Many, many thanks
Ian Chalmers