Karthikeyan 0 0%
Hamilton 0 0%
Voters: 85. You may not vote on this poll

Old 7 Oct 2012, 13:23 (Ref:3147564)   #1
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Driver of the race - Suzuka

Obviously i can't post poll's, but as there isn't a thread up already i thought i'd start one.

So, who is your driver of the race? 3 obvious choices imo...

1) Seb - total domination personified
2) Felipe - excellent drive from someone under so much pressure, 10th to 2nd place - excellent.
3) Koby - surely the emothional vote, finally gets a podium infront of his fans on home soil.

But the fact that Koby qualified 3rd, ahead of Felipe, but finished behind, i'll go for Felipe.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 13:32 (Ref:3147567)   #2
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'll have to give it jointly to Koba and Massa.

Massa for coming from 10th to 2nd and driving with excellent speed and precision.
Kobayashi for taking his first podium, legitimately, at home, under pressure with Button on his tail for almost the entire race, and finally coming good in a race following an excellent qualy session.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 13:38 (Ref:3147569)   #3
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
I thought you meant Kristian Kolby for a split second!! In fact, with the three letter timing screens I often dig up old drivers from my memory on reflex when I can't just instantly remember what driver those three letters represent.

Anyway, on-topic. Massa. The track should've defeated him but he gave a strong performance whilst the axe dangles over his neck. Koby is a close second but I can't decide whether he had the homefield advantage or the homefield disadvantage.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 13:50 (Ref:3147576)   #4
Flavio Galtieri
Veteran

European Union
Modena
Flavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFlavio Galtieri should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm going with Koby, he withstood the pressure of being on home soil, his seat under threat and a determined Button hunting him down. Good drive.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 14:39 (Ref:3147598)   #5
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
lemme just throw in a troll of a vote here and say Vettel, for being a tipple World Champion
Old 7 Oct 2012, 14:54 (Ref:3147608)   #6
Zen
Rookie

Australia
Bicester
Zen should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Massa.............against all odds
Old 7 Oct 2012, 15:04 (Ref:3147614)   #7
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
As there will presumably be an official DOTR thread with a poll, I'll wait for that.......

Quote:
Originally Posted by QnickFTW View Post
lemme just throw in a troll of a vote here and say Vettel, for being a tipple World Champion
Man, I hope your sex-life isn't as premature as your predictions.........

Or was that a vote for Vettel's drinking habits.......?
Old 7 Oct 2012, 15:24 (Ref:3147630)   #8
IceMan_PJN
Racer

United States
Ohio
IceMan_PJN has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
This one's difficult for me. On the one hand you have Vettel who dominated from start to finish, but on the other there's Massa who finished second to perhaps everyone's surprise.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 15:25 (Ref:3147632)   #9
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
That creates no difficulty for me........
Old 7 Oct 2012, 16:45 (Ref:3147685)   #10
AngusJ
Rookie

United States
Texas
AngusJ has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
That pace car driver in the Merc was awesome
Old 7 Oct 2012, 16:49 (Ref:3147689)   #11
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
In a deadly-dull race, those bits that I was awake for - I vote Massa. The supposedly dead in the water guy nets a well-deserved 2nd place. Good on you Felipe.

If it hadn't been for Massa, I would have voted for Kobayashi. Great run, no mistakes and deserved a wonderful podium. Hope he retains his place next year.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 16:57 (Ref:3147696)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
In a deadly-dull race, those bits that I was awake for - I vote Massa. The supposedly dead in the water guy nets a well-deserved 2nd place. Good on you Felipe.

If it hadn't been for Massa, I would have voted for Kobayashi. Great run, no mistakes and deserved a wonderful podium. Hope he retains his place next year.
Spot on post and I agree with all of that except that I voted for Kamui and not Massa. I've really started to like Kobayashi, the guy seems such a nice chap as well as being bloody quick!!
Old 7 Oct 2012, 16:59 (Ref:3147701)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I just wish that I could understand everything he says in his interviews.... But he is a very likeable chap, isn't he?
Old 7 Oct 2012, 17:27 (Ref:3147714)   #14
jonboy1066
Racer

United Kingdom
'astings
jonboy1066 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
You know when you've been KK'd

Massa did well but lucked into his podium... KK qualied well and held his nerve for a well deserved podium

Perry McCarthy
Old 7 Oct 2012, 17:36 (Ref:3147718)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Why is Kobayashi on the poll twice?
Old 7 Oct 2012, 18:04 (Ref:3147738)   #16
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Because it's Sunday and I am tired...
Old 7 Oct 2012, 18:10 (Ref:3147746)   #17
alfettafan
Rookie

alfettafan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonboy1066 View Post
You know when you've been KK'd

Massa did well but lucked into his podium... KK qualied well and held his nerve for a well deserved podium
Felipe for me...a tad uncharitable, he hardly lucked in to that one going from 10th to 2nd....
Old 7 Oct 2012, 19:25 (Ref:3147782)   #18
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Voted for one of the Kobayashi twins......giving him the edge over Massa purely as encouragement
Old 7 Oct 2012, 20:58 (Ref:3147837)   #19
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The second Kobayashi has been removed and replaced with the missing Hulkenberg. Votes merged.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 20:59 (Ref:3147838)   #20
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I voted for Kobayashi because he is English.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 21:03 (Ref:3147840)   #21
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
The second Kobayashi has been removed and replaced with the missing Hulkenberg. Votes merged.
Thank's I was just checking to see if you were paying attention...
Old 7 Oct 2012, 21:35 (Ref:3147858)   #22
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Massa, he needed that and maybe, who knows, it will help.
Old 7 Oct 2012, 21:42 (Ref:3147869)   #23
deeks6
Veteran

deeks6 User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
looks like the 3-peat is on...
Old 7 Oct 2012, 23:04 (Ref:3147904)   #24
Spritle
Veteran

Spritle has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Massa had a good drive but luck helped a lot.

Kobayashi was OK but if he wasn't Japanese and a safe alternative from the despised Vettel, he would have got half the votes.

I voted Vettel for a perfect drive pushing to the end to get the hat trick and because the English love him.
Old 8 Oct 2012, 00:00 (Ref:3147921)   #25
QnickFTW
Racer

QnickFTW should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
20 second clear of 2nd place is quite scary in this year's F1. but thats what he does around these tracks, he takes no prisoners just murders it. stay tuned for more in Korea and India.