Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 4 Apr 2000, 10:15 (Ref:2246)   #1
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
After the mixed reaction to Powertour and some alleged change of focus amongst some NSC teams, will the bright lights, huge crowd and TV coverage prove too much for the
NSC teams to resist the BTCC.

It looks to me as if more and more teams will move over to the BTCC class B. The entry for this weekends race should be a good indication as it clashes with the powertour at Croft.

Will more teams commit to the BTCC at the last minute. What do you think ?
Old 4 Apr 2000, 12:15 (Ref:2247)   #2
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This is a good agruement, I'm not sure if I was a team manager, where I'd want to run my cars..

However, i don't see any of the NSC switching to the BTCC, why would they?? They're all committed to the NSC from the start, and with (some) manufacturer support they will want to be running in a pucka championship, rather than class b / making up the numbers in the BTCC.. they also have their own TV coverage (ok not live, but at least the cameras will be focused on their cars the whole time).

I shall be very interested to see which cars run this weekend at Brands(I shall be there!!!), and to see how these cars compare with the NSC in terms of quality..

I was disappointed with POWERTOUR at Thruxton, but it was only the first meeting - and all they need to do is sort out the support races and they have a top notch afternoon of racing!!!!
Old 4 Apr 2000, 12:51 (Ref:2248)   #3
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I were a NSC team I would move to the BTCC- why ? It looks very,very likely that the BTCC will be based around some sort of Super production category in 2001 - so why not get ahead of the game. In the BTCC you run more laps and greater distances. This will give you a good idea of where you really are with the car in terms of performance over a race distance, tyre wear, etc.

All entries in this years BTCC are guaranteed an entry to the 2001 BTCC. If next year is going to be heavily sybscribed under a new format - you will be in a good position to reap the reward. If its manufacturer involvelent you are after you are much more likely to get it in the BTCC than NSC.

Personally I can never see Powertour rivalling the current TOCA package in terms of hype,profile, crowds, etc.

I may be wrong but I reckon a combination of a much,much cheaper BTCC, coupled with BTCC TV and crowds will see all focus on the BTCC and leave the NSC as a clubbie formula.
Old 4 Apr 2000, 23:40 (Ref:2249)   #4
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Dan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDan Friel should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see in one report that James Kaye and Mark Lemner are to race at Brands (two front runners at Thruxton)... although there are only ten confirmed entries in total..

This year is all very strange - having two series with the same regulations is unheard of!!! I'm certain this won't be allowed to happen next year - so the battle starts here I guess.

NSC have drawn up the regulations for next year all ready. What's TOCA's position, and is Gow going to sell up?? If there's no stability in the TOCA camp by mid summer, this may lead to racers moving to the NSC, because at least they know what they're getting.....
Old 11 Apr 2000, 23:47 (Ref:2250)   #5
Dan Friel
Veteran

England
Great Cheverell, UK
Brands had a total of four class b cars..

Morrison - his car was far superior to the rest (until he destroyed it). I shall be interested to see how long it takes him to fix that...

Barwell boys provided some of the best racing of the weekend, Lemner was soooo close to doing a James Thompson at Dingle Dell - great car control...

Nordon - out of his depth.

How many more rounds clash with the NSC and what happened to all the other entries that Gow was talking about??

But I guess that's not his problem anymore...