Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 11 Nov 2017, 08:58 (Ref:3779894)   #26
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Merc wouldn’t want to give advantage away. Ferrari are good enough to challenge without help.
I'm not sure Mercedes have. If anything, I think Mercedes have gained more from helping Ferrari. A healthy rivalry will always produce better results.

I'm sure Ferrari are good enough to challenge without help. But this is not the first time two rival teams have worked together in F1. And it won't be the last. This season has been a cracker. Much better than the last few. Everyone wins as a result; yes?

As I said, this is not the first, and won't be the last time that two rival teams have worked together behind closed doors for the better of F1. It's difficult for some to comprehend why rivals would want to work together. But at the end of the day, F1 is for entertainment, and if the punters are not entertained, we all lose.
Old 11 Nov 2017, 11:49 (Ref:3779902)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
But the punters would rather see the racing fought fairly
Old 11 Nov 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3779915)   #28
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
I'm not sure Mercedes have. If anything, I think Mercedes have gained more from helping Ferrari. A healthy rivalry will always produce better results.

I'm sure Ferrari are good enough to challenge without help. But this is not the first time two rival teams have worked together in F1. And it won't be the last. This season has been a cracker. Much better than the last few. Everyone wins as a result; yes?

As I said, this is not the first, and won't be the last time that two rival teams have worked together behind closed doors for the better of F1. It's difficult for some to comprehend why rivals would want to work together. But at the end of the day, F1 is for entertainment, and if the punters are not entertained, we all lose.
Wait a minute. So nkw Mercedes haven't given up their advantage? So are we back to Vettel being a top driver since he's challenged for the championship in an inferior car?
Old 12 Nov 2017, 00:49 (Ref:3779978)   #29
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
But the punters would rather see the racing fought fairly
That's true. But how many of the punters would know about what really happens behind closed doors? Majority of the F1 punters are only interested in qualifying and the race.

Even the die hard F1 fans like us won't buy it unless there's an "official statement" released on the subject. Subjects such as Ferrari being helped by Mercedes, or Ferrari being helped by the FiA and/or FOM are polarising, and I doubt there will ever be anything official, unless someone who was involved spills the beans. But even then, it's thrown out as rubbish. Too controversial.

They say, where there's smoke there's fire. But most of us F1 punters won't even see the smoke signals because the FiA's fire safety blanket will quickly hide the smoke before it break out in a fire. But every now and then, a small (sometimes deliberately lit) flame may escape, and may take some years to intensify.
Old 12 Nov 2017, 11:02 (Ref:3780027)   #30
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
The fans are more switched on than you think, they would rather see good close racing, with no artificial means and would rather see the driver and team doing the best job winning