3 4 4.44%
2 5 5.56%
1 3 3.33%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Old 14 Nov 2010, 14:36 (Ref:2790144)   #1
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Race : Abu Dhabi GP

Rate the last race of the season.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 14:40 (Ref:2790148)   #2
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Yet another snorefest at this ridiculous track.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 14:51 (Ref:2790176)   #3
Wims
Veteran

Norway
Wims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridWims should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was exciting at the start with all the title implications, but after a while it became obvious that it was impossible to overtake. Scored it a 5
Old 14 Nov 2010, 14:57 (Ref:2790190)   #4
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
As a race it was pretty dire, but I enjoyed it in the context of the title fight - 6
Old 14 Nov 2010, 14:58 (Ref:2790192)   #5
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
Yet another snorefest at this ridiculous track.
Ridiculous was Teflonso !
Old 14 Nov 2010, 14:59 (Ref:2790197)   #6
Fox89
Veteran

United Kingdom
Leamington Spa, UK
Fox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridFox89 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5. I still don't understand how this track layout can produce such poor racing. Although in fairness it was better last year.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:06 (Ref:2790212)   #7
Joe Taylor
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warwickshire, UK
Joe Taylor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Championship tension gives it an extra 2 points up to 7.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:09 (Ref:2790216)   #8
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
4. As a race it was dull.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:13 (Ref:2790220)   #9
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Abu Dhabi is an awful track despite all the glamour and trackside features.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:15 (Ref:2790225)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Gave it a 6 but could have been better it the yellow cars had not held things up
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:25 (Ref:2790244)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If it wasn't for it being the WDC decider I would have given it 3, so in this case I gave it 5.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:33 (Ref:2790255)   #12
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

It compensated for the title not being decided in Brazil - 7 !
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:37 (Ref:2790260)   #13
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Wasn't much of a race, was it....but fairly fascinating because of all the championship implications....6
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:42 (Ref:2790273)   #14
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It was difficult to rate for me because I wanted to rate it high simply for the outcome. Then I wanted to rate it low based on the action in the race itself. So, I have no choice to sit on the fence and rate it a 5.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:46 (Ref:2790279)   #15
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I gave it a 6. Only because of the championship outcome. Which okay was determined by pitstops, not overtaking. As for the track, well maybe if it was a wet weather race we might get overtaking there? What do people think? Ahhh I know I'm wishing for too much on that one. Adding another 1 km to each of the two straights? Nahh, don't think that would work either.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2790301)   #16
AUSRSR
Racer

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
AUSRSR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fizzer of a race. Early safety car provided only twist..

Crap track.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:16 (Ref:2790329)   #17
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
As a race it was desperately dull.

Got a 3 from me.

The awful track layout doesn't help things.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 16:21 (Ref:2790333)   #18
HughGJohnson
Racer

Switzerland
like Bill Maher, "I'm Swiss"
HughGJohnson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
As a race it was pretty dire, but I enjoyed it in the context of the title fight - 6

I actually gave it a 9 (rounding up) but probably should have gone 7 or 8. A lot of tension because of the title chase, but no payoff. The podium was an interesting microcosm of the race with the shampagne.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 17:07 (Ref:2790392)   #19
Chiefy
Veteran

Germany
Cottbus, Germany.
Chiefy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'd give it a safe six. There are better venues for a season finale, but I enjoyed the Renaults' resurgence in this race.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 17:21 (Ref:2790408)   #20
RT
Veteran

United States
Great Lakes Area
RT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
I agree 100%. The title context was very important.

I will still add one more point to give it a 7 because we also saw the fastest driver win the World Championship. It was great to see Vettel win. The race gave us the best result.

Old 14 Nov 2010, 19:47 (Ref:2790517)   #21
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gave it a 6 as the title tensions kept me away from the simulator at the Williams conference centre until the 40th lap and then the last 5
Old 14 Nov 2010, 21:20 (Ref:2790582)   #22
foreversideways
Veteran

England
Bramhall
foreversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridforeversideways should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Another race won from the first corner with everybody else unable to overtake. Is this supposed to be exciting.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 21:30 (Ref:2790599)   #23
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
A very dull race and I can't get over the fact that even with that massive straight drivers still can't overtake!!

Please, oh please don't let this venue (which is a great venue, but average track) the final round next year Bernie as is rumoured might happen.

Brazil or somewhere else traditional should stay as the grand finale.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 21:38 (Ref:2790607)   #24
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by foreversideways View Post
Another race won from the first corner with everybody else unable to overtake. Is this supposed to be exciting.
Apart from the start and the Schumacher-Liuzzi crash nothing happened.

The race doesn't deserve points just because a few men could win a title, so I won't add any points for that.
A 2 will do.
Old 14 Nov 2010, 22:31 (Ref:2790651)   #25
White flag man
Veteran

Greenland
West Hampstead, North London
White flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridWhite flag man should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
As we are voting on the race, and not the track, I gave it an eight.
Had this been earlier in the season I would have probably given it a 2 but, with the excitment of who was going to win the WDC, it kept me on the edge until the end.
I still think it is a great venue and have a soft spot for it, having been there last year, but i can understand the Ferrari and McLaren supporters frustrations.