Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Nov 2010, 23:05 (Ref:2790678)   #51
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo View Post
What are you doing bringing this up? You know rational thought and/or history and/or facts have no place in an Alonso bashing thread!
That's very jab-ish of you guys !
Old 15 Nov 2010, 01:41 (Ref:2790753)   #52
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I like Alonso (not as much as pre-2007 admittedly) and I thought his behaviour was an absolute disgrace. He is the most ridiculous sportsman on the planet at times, quite honestly.

Yeah he calmed down afterwards, but he still needs to realise the world doesn't revolve around him. Grow up Fernando.

We all like a bit of emotion, but there is emotion and there is plain stupidity.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 02:17 (Ref:2790776)   #53
sweetchuk
Racer

Australia
sweetchuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It has to be further emphasized that Alonso's sense of entitlement reaches near hysterical heights at times, and has done so pretty much since 2004.

Racing for position, Petrov did a fine job, and Alonso had no call to yet again display his penchant for pettiness and bad sportsmanship.

When you're a champion, you are one at all times ... in that rarified air, your actions well reflect the person you are, and the world was given further glimpses of the child this surly Spaniard can be a lot of the time.

Comparing him to Senna is like comparing a grain of rice to a 5 course meal ... Alonso is not Senna's toenail on or off the track, although admittedly Ayrton did have his stupid moments, like they all do at that level from time to time.

It's just that Alonso seems to think he is actually someone for whom you'd move over ALL the time, no matter the situation. He wasn't good enough to take Petrov, so the next best thing he could do was childishly abuse him and make himself looks like the prat he is, with a rather large worldwide audience singing deja vu when they saw it.

Big man that ... huge.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 07:39 (Ref:2790841)   #54
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Actually, what really ****es me off is Vettel's finger. Alonso's fist was ok, just frustration, but the pointy finger of the WDC is getting right up my nose, if you see what I mean.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 08:28 (Ref:2790853)   #55
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Actually, what really ****es me off is Vettel's finger. Alonso's fist was ok, just frustration, but the pointy finger of the WDC is getting right up my nose, if you see what I mean.
Me too Peter. I've hated it after qualifying, and after the races. Now I'm worried that we'll be subjected to kit for the whole of next season as that's the number he's got on the front of his car...
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:48 (Ref:2790928)   #56
parkingjedi
Racer

Bhutan
parkingjedi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisPage View Post
Even when praising Petrov he still said - "I tried to pass him once and he protected like it was the last lap, in the last race in the championship, fighting both for the championship, so he was very aggressive."

reminds me of aquote from the movie "Rudy"

Ara Parseghian: What's your problem, O'Hare, what's your problem?
Jamie O'Hara: Last practice of the season and this ******* thinks it's the Super Bowl!
Ara Parseghian: You just summed up your entire sorry career here in one sentence! If you had a tenth of the heart of Ruettiger, you'd have made All-American by now! As it is, you just went from third team to the prep team! Get out of here!

Petrov was fighting for his career as a F1 driver, by holding Alonso he was proving his worth. He had just as much to gain in holding off Alonso as Alonso had in passing him - relative to their goals.
And maybe Alonso forgot who engines were in the Red bull. Petrov knows which side of the bread has his butter.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:52 (Ref:2790932)   #57
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
So you've got:

Alonso's fist
Vettel's finger
Webber's leg
Button's beard
Lewis' ear
Old 15 Nov 2010, 10:55 (Ref:2790934)   #58
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
I'm no Alonso fan, but it was just frustration. Not going to make him appear any worse in my eyes. He'd just lost the WDC because of something his team did. He didn't do anything wrong except not get past Petrov and we all know how difficult it is to overtake - LH could'nt get past RK either - so he was going to be a bit tetchy.

Interesting that nobody could get past those Renaults.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 11:30 (Ref:2790958)   #59
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
So you've got:

Alonso's fist
Vettel's finger
Webber's leg
Button's beard
Lewis' ear
Put those together and you'd have a definite medical NFN*.

* NFN = Normal for Norfolk.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 12:16 (Ref:2790975)   #60
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by garcon View Post
Put those together and you'd have a definite medical NFN*.

* NFN = Normal for Norfolk.
Oi, I live on the Norfolk border. Fortunately just on the Cambridgeshire side though, so fair enough.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 12:35 (Ref:2790987)   #61
Super Hans
Veteran

United Kingdom
Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!Super Hans is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Oi, I live on the Norfolk border. Fortunately just on the Cambridgeshire side though, so fair enough.
Lucky you! Lovely part of the world.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 15:02 (Ref:2791075)   #62
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Yes Fernando was a bit hot headed after the race and I was expecting a tirade in the interviews but in fairness to the guy he seemed calm and philosophical about eveything that had happened.

Senna, Schu and god knows who else have been guilty of extreme arrogance and/or petulance towards others drivers in their careers. Alonso was just letting off a bit of steam, albeit in the wrong direction!
Old 15 Nov 2010, 16:00 (Ref:2791109)   #63
fourWheelDrift
Veteran

United Kingdom
fourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfourWheelDrift should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesH View Post
Interesting that nobody could get past those Renaults.
To me they looked like they had great traction, they seemed to scamper away on the exit of every corner.
Old 15 Nov 2010, 16:04 (Ref:2791116)   #64
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fourWheelDrift View Post
To me they looked like they had great traction, they seemed to scamper away on the exit of every corner.
Not only that, but they were getting further and further ahead up until the braking zone at the end of that straight. 'Incredible'
Old 15 Nov 2010, 17:15 (Ref:2791154)   #65
EGG
Racer

Australia
perth, aus
EGG has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
On somewhat the same subject, second year out and the circuit doesn't exactly seem conducive to overtaking. Massa stuck behind a STR for most if not all of the race, and Alonso unable to pass Petrov.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 00:19 (Ref:2791390)   #66
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapezeArtist View Post
The toys and teddies will be flying around the Ferrari de-brief room tonight.
They are certainly flying around in Italy:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/moto...ne/9192214.stm

As for the fist; lame.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 05:43 (Ref:2791431)   #67
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Alonso reminds me of my departed brother - i have a soft spot for him- and Petrov drove brilliantly in a good car, bad luck in the race for alonso, no other yellow flags, and quite honestly i don't get it.
well no one was wrecked alonso will fight another day, and next year too
Old 16 Nov 2010, 06:18 (Ref:2791434)   #68
Robin_D
Veteran

British Antarctic Territory
Warwickshire, UK
Robin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridRobin_D should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Super Hans View Post
Alonso just seems like a really emotional man.
And I bet he cried at the end of Free Willy.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 06:56 (Ref:2791442)   #69
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post
Yeah, cos Willy was supposed to move over and let him go thru first
Old 16 Nov 2010, 12:05 (Ref:2791547)   #70
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Bloody hell if you guys are still carrying on about that bit of theatre what are you going to do for the next couple of months, maintain the rage I say!!
Old 16 Nov 2010, 12:32 (Ref:2791553)   #71
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Oh my, now the off-season is a pain...
Old 16 Nov 2010, 13:28 (Ref:2791590)   #72
ChrisPage
Racer

United Kingdom
Nottingham
ChrisPage should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptkablamo View Post
What are you doing bringing this up? You know rational thought and/or history and/or facts have no place in an Alonso bashing thread!
Pretty sure at the time of Lewis' fist waving in Bahrain there was plenty of comment on here criticising him for it. Pretty sure most posts here too have said there was nothing particularly wrong with Alonso's fist waving here too. A range of opinion in both cases if you will, but not many people having the biased opinion being accused.

But then you know pointing out most folk are fair and rational has no place when you've got a chip on your shoulder!
Old 16 Nov 2010, 22:47 (Ref:2791888)   #73
Ralf's Girl
Veteran

England
London
Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!Ralf's Girl has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rpolinski View Post
Yeah, cos Willy was supposed to move over and let him go thru first

I don't think it was that big a deal - it was emotion and frustration, and he is only human. We all get annoyed when we think drivers are acting like robots, then we complain when they show some ordinary feelings? We can't have it both ways.

(That said, he did make himself look like a prat.)
"The more I see of the world, the more am I dissatisfied with it; every day confirms my belief of the inconsistency of all human characters, and of the little dependence which can be placed on the appearance of either merit or sense." -- Elizabeth Bennet, 'Pride & Prejudice'
Old 16 Nov 2010, 23:05 (Ref:2791892)   #74
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Well frustration itself is no issue. I am as animated as anybody when I get annoyed. It was that he aimed it so directly at Petrov. I can't see any reason for that at all.
Old 16 Nov 2010, 23:09 (Ref:2791895)   #75
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_D View Post
I never saw that movie. Didn't they make a sequel?