Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 6 Mar 2015, 07:01 (Ref:3512351)   #51
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Did they? Haven't heard anything about that yet - though there will be a privately built Cayman or two in the Euro-GT4-Series this year.

I am also really looking forward to see the SIN R1 GT4... that and the KTM could be the cars that really transforms GT4 into something a bit more flashy and exciting.

]
The Cayman announcement is in a transcript of the Geneva press statement that I have read on another forum, but I don't seem to be able to cut and paste it in here.

I am not convinced about the SIN and KTM cars in GT4, the whole point is that GT4 should be based on proper road available cars, spectacular or not. When British GT had the KTM Crossbow in it, it nearly ruined the GT4 category as nothing else could touch it. Having none road production cars like Ginetta G50 and G55 in is bad enough.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 09:21 (Ref:3513999)   #52
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Motorbase have confirmed their 2 GT3 Astons with the possibility of adding a 3rd
Old 11 Mar 2015, 12:31 (Ref:3514095)   #53
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I also see that RAM are going to race there Merc SLS in the championship this year.
Old 11 Mar 2015, 14:32 (Ref:3514129)   #54
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
So with the latest flurry of announcements the lineup looks something like this:

GT4 (14)
Team Parker - Aston - Terry Langley & Mike Hart
Twisted Team Parker - Ginetta - Adrian Barwick & Brad Ellis
Fox Motorsport - Ginetta - Paul McNeilly & Jamie Stanley
UltraTek - Lotus Evora - James Nash, Jamie Wall
UltraTek - Lotus Evora - Richard Taffinder, Tim Eakin
Optimum Motorsport - Ginetta - Graham Johnson & Mike Robinson
Tolman Motorsport - Ginetta - David Pattison & Luke Davenport
ISSY Racing - Lotus Evora - Ossy Yusuf & Gavan Kershaw
Stratton Motorsport - Aston - Chloe & Jade Edwards
GPRM - Toyota GT86 - Stefan Hodgetts & TBA
Academy MS - Aston - Will Moore & Dennis Strandberg
Academy MS - Aston - Chris Webster & James Harrison
Beechdean - Aston - Jamie Chadwick & Ross Gunn
Century Motorsport - Ginetta G55 - James Birch & Aleksander Schjerpen

GT3 (15)
Beechdean - Aston GT3 - Jonny Adam & Andrew Howard
TF Sport - Aston GT3 - Derek Johnston & Matt Bell
TF Sport -Aston GT3 - Jody Fannin & Andrew Jarman
Ecurie Ecosse - BMW - Marco Attard & Alexander Sims
Barwell DT - BMW - Jon Minshaw & Phil Keen
Team LNT - Ginetta GT3 - Rick Parfitt Jnr & Tom Oliphant
Team LNT - Ginetta GT3 - Steve Tandy & Mike Simpson
22GT Racing - Aston GT3 - Jon Barnes & Mark Farmer
FF Corse - Ferrari 458 - Gary Eastwood & Adam Carroll
Triple Eight - BMW - Lee Mowle & Joe Osborne
Von Ryan - Mclaren - Salih Yoluc & Euan Hankey
Von Ryan - Mclaren - Ross Wylie & Andrew Watson
Motorbase - Aston GT3 - Daniel Lloyd & Ahmad Al Harthy
Motorbase - Aston GT3 - Rory Butcher & Liam Griffin
RAM Racing - Mercedes SLS - Lewis Plato & Alistair MacKinnon

Still room for more....
Old 11 Mar 2015, 14:36 (Ref:3514131)   #55
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Has anyone heard is the Tommy Erdos GTC program is still going ahead?
Old 11 Mar 2015, 16:13 (Ref:3514177)   #56
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdjones View Post
Has anyone heard is the Tommy Erdos GTC program is still going ahead?
For some reason I can't download it, but the 2015 regs are on the Brit GT homepage. Maybe see if there's a GTC class in there. If it isn't that should give you the answer.

Edit: Finally managed to download it. GTC (along with GT3B) is still in the rule book. So that tells us precisely nothing.

Last edited by Speed-King; 11 Mar 2015 at 16:27.
Old 25 Mar 2015, 13:51 (Ref:3519375)   #57
KA
Veteran

KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!KA has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
Motorbase have confirmed their 2 GT3 Astons with the possibility of adding a 3rd
Third Aston confirmed for Mat Jackson and Phil Dryburgh

http://www.britishgt.com/newsitem.php?key=2305

According to official BGT Twitter, 35 cars for Oulton- 18x GT3 & 17x GT4, with more to come for some of the longer races later in the season.

Media day is at Brands today, so presumably a full entry list ought to be out sometime later in the day?
Old 25 Mar 2015, 18:17 (Ref:3519451)   #58
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

From Racing.GT Facebook page.
Old 3 Apr 2015, 11:07 (Ref:3523320)   #59
db9spotter
Racer

France
near Toulouse
db9spotter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb9spotter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Vantage GT3 chassis number

Trying to list all the Aston Martin Vantage V12 GT3 by their chassis number (visible on the bottom left of the windscreen) and races made.

I would be very interested if it will be possible for those who have the chance to access the British GT at Oulton Park stands to note the chassis numbers of the Vantage GT3 relative to their race number.

Many thanks

http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143190

Old 3 Apr 2015, 14:48 (Ref:3523392)   #60
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Will get you those on Monday if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Old 4 Apr 2015, 11:25 (Ref:3523729)   #61
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!Rodger Davies has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone else from here heading over Cheshire way on Monday? Weather is looking like it's back to its traditionally nice Easter standards (touch wood).
Old 4 Apr 2015, 18:14 (Ref:3523875)   #62
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Anyone else from here heading over Cheshire way on Monday? Weather is looking like it's back to its traditionally nice Easter standards (touch wood).
I'm going Monday. Forecast looks good, despite a little dodgy weather over the last couple of days - not many tracks nicer than Oulton Park on a glorious day!
Old 6 Apr 2015, 11:39 (Ref:3524316)   #63
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
So much drama and not even 30 mins into the first race, how will they fit it all into the Channel 4 highlights

Even through a timing screen the race seemed awesome, cant wait to watch the highlights. Lots of damage to be repaired before race 2.

Last edited by tux; 6 Apr 2015 at 12:07.
Old 6 Apr 2015, 17:51 (Ref:3524408)   #64
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Cannot wait for next weekend so I can watch it. Race 1 sounds like it's worth them showing the entire race...
Old 6 Apr 2015, 21:40 (Ref:3524488)   #65
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Some really bad bits of driving today, right in front of me the #12 McLaren caused chaos in race 1, despite being a lap down. The Demon Tweeks car got taken out of two races through no fault of its own.

Good day out though, nice weather came straight after the first race and there was the traditional good crowd.

One complaint: the time-penalty-for-success thing is ridiculous and needs getting rid of. Extra weight for winning is one thing, but the time penalties are completely unfair and down to chance: when a safety car comes out and bunches the pack before a pit window, it doesn't matter how well you've driven. Adam Carroll drove flawlessly in the second race but there was no way he was going to be able to make 15 seconds over a field of fellow pros, especially when a short safety car effectively gave him only 15 minutes to do so.
Old 8 Apr 2015, 10:36 (Ref:3525001)   #66
db9spotter
Racer

France
near Toulouse
db9spotter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddb9spotter should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodger Davies View Post
Will get you those on Monday if someone doesn't beat me to it.
Thank you for that
Could you note the Vantage GT3 chassis numbers ?
Nobody beat you
Old 8 Apr 2015, 10:50 (Ref:3525004)   #67
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
Damn, I'm afraid I got there later than I was expecting to so didn't get the chance.

What I do know is that #4 was #4 from last year, #3 was #5 from last year, #2 was a brand new chassis.

I made a couple of other notes I'll dig out later, but afraid I don't have the numbers
Old 8 Apr 2015, 11:43 (Ref:3525019)   #68
db9spotter
Racer

France
near Toulouse
No problem may be at the next race.
For the Oman Racing Team 3 Vantage GT3 #4 / #6 / #2
I think that #6 was #5 from last year
Thanks for your help
Old 8 Apr 2015, 16:30 (Ref:3525101)   #69
Rodger Davies
Veteran

Wales
Bradford, UK
More stupidity for the time penalty thing; the FF Corse car had to make a 15 second stop in Race 2 despite getting its Race 1 victory taken from it, whereas the #5 Aston effectively avoided the extra 5 second success penalty.

Urgh, BoP is one thing, success ballast is low, but these time penalties are the ultimate implementation of everyone-must-be-more-equal-than-everyone-else syndrome.
Old 12 Apr 2015, 09:17 (Ref:3526378)   #70
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Watched the R1 highlights from Channel 4.

Some of amateur drivers and GT4 drivers have no conception of blue flags. The Edwards sisters and that ridiculous black McLaren were asking for an accident, and got some. A big grid is one thing but if you allow these woeful drivers into the series, is it really credible?

Very good racing though. At least the good drivers were, erm, good!
Old 17 Apr 2015, 22:02 (Ref:3528368)   #71
cg7aa
Veteran

cg7aa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I just saw the race 1 highlight this evening, a little disappointing to see the 45mins Motors highlights is now trimmed to 25mins. Is it some sort of compromise for having some live races this year? I know it's always been 25min on the other channel.

Anyway, maybe it was the nature of a short highlights program but there seemed to be a degree of carnage on the track! I know people rave about big grids but for me, that has never been a point of interest; GT4 cars really do nothing for me. I'm sure the drivers at the wheel are having a blast and are driving faster than I would ever be able to but the cars look utterly uninspiring to me.

I'll get my coat.
Old 17 Apr 2015, 22:07 (Ref:3528369)   #72
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
I have to say that sharing the grid with GT3 cars means that they'll always look 2nd best and a bit boring compared to the 'real' cars...
Old 17 Apr 2015, 22:10 (Ref:3528371)   #73
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I have to say that sharing the grid with GT3 cars means that they'll always look 2nd best and a bit boring compared to the 'real' cars...
From the outside looking in, having a properly filled secondary class is probably my favorite thing about British GT. Proper multiclass racing and on some of Europe's best circuits to boot. But I guess that might be a severe case of the grass being greener on the other side.
Old 19 Apr 2015, 13:22 (Ref:3528879)   #74
Andy 308GTB
Rookie

England
Essex
Andy 308GTB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by cg7aa View Post
I just saw the race 1 highlight this evening, a little disappointing to see the 45mins Motors highlights is now trimmed to 25mins. Is it some sort of compromise for having some live races this year? I know it's always been 25min on the other channel.
Don't panic!!!

The coverage has been split into one 25 minute per round - so separate programmes for Round 1 and Round 2.
Round 2 was on last night and was another good race.
The coverage is also (IMO) balanced more evenly between GT3 & GT4 which is a good thing.

BGT has certainly turned itself around - fair play to SRO. It really is a huge grid. What with the WEC opening race, GT fans are in for a good year.
Old 19 Apr 2015, 13:25 (Ref:3528881)   #75
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The next round from Rockingham is live on Motors TV on May 3rd, with the rest of the afternoons support race action also live!