Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 30 Jan 2011, 23:40 (Ref:2822971)   #1
Luke Kinsella
Rookie

Luke Kinsella has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Inganguero (+ challenge)

Hello...

this is my latest track...
its fictional location is near Bilbao in Euskadi.

It's around 5 kilometres.

I know, it's too freakingly fast for today standards, but if the drivers don't have feel up to it, they can stay at home

Perhaps someone can edit it and bring it to todays safety standard without butchering it?
this is a challenge!

Old 30 Jan 2011, 23:54 (Ref:2822973)   #2
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hi,
at first sight I don't see it as a dangerously fast track. I don't thnik it needs improvng - maybe a really good overtaking spot would make it even better, but apart from that...

Oh, one more thing... There seems to be a bit too small room for the paddocks between the pitlane and that Quicksilver Messenger Service corner (plus the gravel trap)...

bio
Old 31 Jan 2011, 00:53 (Ref:2822983)   #3
Teretonga
Veteran

Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!Teretonga is going for a new world record!
I'd agree with bio. It is not freakishly or dangerously fast.

The only thought is that the distances between some of the parallel sections is too narrow and a high speed corner section behind the pits needs a little more thought.
A more detailed plan might cover some of those questions and allow us to see how they could be solved practically but the overall layout is fine.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 01:32 (Ref:2822989)   #4
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looks fast to me, none of the corners looks less than 50m radius, just guessing....
Old 31 Jan 2011, 08:43 (Ref:2823059)   #5
werner
Veteran

Netherlands
Rotterdam, the Netherlands
werner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridwerner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You might improve overtaking by replacing King Grimson by a Catalunya-like esse, and placing Generals a bit more to the north, to lengthen the straight before it a bit.
Old 31 Jan 2011, 14:47 (Ref:2823249)   #6
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by werner View Post
(...)and placing Generals a bit more to the north, to lengthen the straight before it a bit.
You mean Genesis

bio
Old 31 Jan 2011, 17:35 (Ref:2823346)   #7
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
For 3.107mi, there's actually a fair bit going on in the lap. I'd guess that King Crimson is really no faster than Turn 1 at Portimao, so it should work for overtaking well enough.

Really, part of me would be thinking of scaling the place up to roughly the size of the track that this place most resembles in my mind (i.e. the Osterreichring), which would put it up at 5.9km.

At 5.0km, some of the features you guys are looking at are in fact NOT anywhere near the size of some of the corners you're probably thinking of. The Parabolica (or Jethro Tull) is looks to be constant-radius, whereas its counterpart at Monza is increasing-radius. Also, the radius of this corner is only around half the radius of the Monza Parabolica at its tightest point.

I might also not that, at 5.0km, the start/finish straight is only ~720m, whereas at 5.9km, it comes up to ~850m. Also, scaling up will help with some of the space issues, if there are any serious ones.

I'd also be looking at making Quicksilver and Led Zeppelin a bit more pronounced, whould would realign that straight afterward to allow for a more open Jethro Tull leading onto the start/finish straight.

I would probably ease The Doors just a bit. Also, I would change Deep Purple to ELP into a three corner sequence to improve flow and make overtaking much more possible into Jefferson Airplane.

And with The Doors eased somewhat, Genesis should work fine as an overtaking point as well, without it having to be reprofiled.

I really like what is there already, so I just want to tweak it a bit, not do huge, wholesale changes.
Old 1 Feb 2011, 00:12 (Ref:2823564)   #8
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I love the naming scheme though perhaps the "grateful dead" curve might be seem by the more superstitious drivers as being prophetic.

Of the circuit itself, I don't think is that ridiculously fast at all. Minor tweaks only to ensure enough run off, most of which have been suggested above.
Old 1 Feb 2011, 22:47 (Ref:2824239)   #9
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I like this circuit a lot, mainly because I think it looks a bit like a hybrid crossover of Spa and Monza.

If anything, I would actually get rid of the section from The Doors to Genesis, and replace it with a straight-ish line going from The Doors to Rush, with a smooth kink in the middle for a bit more interest.

Otherwise, excellent job!