Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 9 Dec 2010, 01:05 (Ref:2801767)   #26
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Yes, what appears as a thicker black line on the full overview is the retaining wall.

Here is a close-up of Turn 7, so you can see things more clearly.

I'm glad to hear that you haven't seen any glaring issues in that department, Luiggi.
Attached Thumbnails
Montello Turn 7 Close-Up.gif  
Old 9 Dec 2010, 03:49 (Ref:2801801)   #27
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Yes, what appears as a thicker black line on the full overview is the retaining wall.

Here is a close-up of Turn 7, so you can see things more clearly.

I'm glad to hear that you haven't seen any glaring issues in that department, Luiggi.

I see less than a one time the width of the circuit...? That is about what they use now with asphalt run-offs or "emergency shoulder" as they are now in vogue but I'd like to see at least twice the width of the circuit on such a corner.Also I would extend some more towards the direction of the flow.
Old 9 Dec 2010, 10:16 (Ref:2801891)   #28
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
There is one huge an unrepairable issue with this design: that it's not my work. I envy you, man

bio
Old 10 Dec 2010, 05:58 (Ref:2802294)   #29
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
Again, thank you, bio.

Given SpeedingTortoise's last track, I may have to see if I can outdo myself in terms of putting in some semblance of elevation change, but we'll see.

I understand your concern, Luiggi, but while I still heartily enjoy looking at this design, I'm a bit worn out from working on it, for the time being. Anyway, I'm glad that, from your posts here some time ago, that you liked the circuit layout itself.

Maybe, once all my actual work for this final term at university is done next Tuesday, I'll look at pulling the wall back a bit there, and widening the gravel pit. Though, honestly, I think I'm more apt to just try to get an outline into Sketch Up of my next track. I'll see how tired I'm feeling after the group presentation on Tuesday.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 18:26 (Ref:2804445)   #30
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Well, I got the Sketch Up bug last night, and stayed up too late getting the outline of my next track, Winter Pass Raceway, drawn in.

P.S. I thought I would post a link to this, particularly for the newer members who haven't seen it, but anyway, it's the first design I posted on here.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67774

"My Tracks" certainly has changed in the last five and a half years.

Last edited by Purist; 14 Dec 2010 at 18:47.
Old 14 Dec 2010, 19:33 (Ref:2804467)   #31
dyewat808
Veteran

United Kingdom
dyewat808 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
Well, I got the Sketch Up bug last night, and stayed up too late getting the outline of my next track, Winter Pass Raceway, drawn in.

P.S. I thought I would post a link to this, particularly for the newer members who haven't seen it, but anyway, it's the first design I posted on here.
http://tentenths.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67774

"My Tracks" certainly has changed in the last five and a half years.
Hehe, quite a few faces there I don't recognise thats for sure. Would be nice to say hello!

(Nice track by the way!)
Old 15 Dec 2010, 01:55 (Ref:2804591)   #32
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Man, those names... Lustigson... I designed a track just for him, near his hometown (Huizen?), I remember... Pirenzo... creator of Lavit, one of my top-3 ever tracks on this forum...

Sad to see some of the big names gone...

But glad to see the "new" ones fill up the void Heck, I've been a regular here for no more than (almost exactly) 3 years ("Hi, I'm brand new to the forum, registered yesterday night and I'm only hoping I understand my way around here." )...

bio