Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > My Track Designs

Old 28 Dec 2010, 15:56 (Ref:2809004)   #1
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
And who are you all?

Being posting and loorking around here and never seen a face or a biography, why don't we introduce ourselves and put a picture or three, our interests, a little bio etc etc...?

I shall start,I guess.Don't wanna be an attention whroe but let's start out so that you all feel compelled to do the same

Luiggi is Luis Ortiz born in Puerto Rico in Dec 1964, graduated in 1982 b.degree in electronics, works for a major electronics company , the one that builds the most bulbs in the world and it's based in Netherlands and has been racing ever since mom put him in a baby stroll ,anything from skateboards, to bicycles and lately motorcycles, musician by passion,engineer by profession, racer by instinct.

Old 28 Dec 2010, 23:58 (Ref:2809093)   #2
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
No Photos from me, broken too many cameras...I don't even have my picture on my facebook account

ScotsBrutesFan goes everywhere else by the name Alan or Al, if you know me.

Proudly Scottish, British if I have to be and European if I must.

I have an HND in Electronic and Electrical engineering which many years later I went back and converted it to an Honours degree in Electronic and Computer engineering.

I work on the support side of things for an International television broadcaster, who sadly don't cover much motorsport these days.

I'm not a racer but can be found frequenting Knockhill, my Local circuit with my digital SLR hanging around my neck.

And most of this I think I've posted at one time or another somewhere on 10ths, so nothing new for any stalkers out there.
Old 29 Dec 2010, 03:04 (Ref:2809107)   #3
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Budapest, Hungary, Europe
bio should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotsBrutesFan View Post
No Photos from me, broken too many cameras...I don't even have my picture on my facebook account
Heck, I went one better: I don't even HAVE a Facebook-account :P

So, no photos from me either. What I think you should know about me:

Sex: male/frequently
Residence: Budapest, Hungary
Nationality: Hungarian
Profession/job: language teacher/interpreter/translator (English<->Hungarian, mostly ">") - used to be a high school teacher for about 8 years, now making a living off translating.

bio

Last edited by bio; 29 Dec 2010 at 03:13.
Old 29 Dec 2010, 03:16 (Ref:2809108)   #4
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuiggiSpeed View Post
Luiggi is Luis Ortiz
OK, now we know about the "Luiggi" part - but what does "Speed" signify in your nick? :P

bio
Old 29 Dec 2010, 11:18 (Ref:2809156)   #5
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Tathrim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No photos, too many embarassing moments. I DO have facebook, and I AM a member of the 10ths FB group, but you can't get at my actual profile besides the pic unless you're a friend of a friend.

Born in England, but I see myself as British and not English, because i have heritage from The Isle of Man as well as Wales and Ireland.

I'm a geek, re-enforced by the fact that I am studying Computer Science at Lancaster University. Been a fan of motor racing since I was about 2-3 years old, and my first memory of a GP was Monaco '96.

I race and compete in sports, but the medium i race in doesn't have an engine, as I have a passion for kayaking. (K1 Slalom, Canoe Polo and K1 Whitewater racing with the LUCC, much more exciting than F1 ).

And bio, what do you mean by male/frequently?
Old 29 Dec 2010, 11:22 (Ref:2809159)   #6
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
This is all quite interesting, isn't it!

Name: Dan Selby (woah..!)

Bio: Well i'm a bit of a mad-hatter, really. I have a really 'geeky' side that loves information and can't get enough of it. I'm also really creative and always want to put my own spin on things. I've booked wrestling shows, created a wrestling company, done 'comedy' radio shows, segments etc. I just generally like making people laugh, and giving people pleasure out of my creations.

I'm currently looking to find a way out of teaching and in to something where I can do the above

Me with a puppy on Christmas this year

And the other two are me and the girlfriend arguing over a chair, of course, and me as George Michael.

Selby
Attached Thumbnails
36377_405286290889_503650889_4238706_3380491_n.jpg   40493_420982850889_503650889_4632590_3618622_n.jpg  

Last edited by ECW Dan Selby; 29 Dec 2010 at 11:29.
Old 29 Dec 2010, 11:24 (Ref:2809160)   #7
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tathrim View Post

My first intepretation of that was the old gag of 'Sex? Yes, please!'

But are you suggesting he is perhaps Ms. Bio on weekends?

Only kidding mate

Selby
Old 29 Dec 2010, 11:36 (Ref:2809165)   #8
mattt
Veteran

England
Cambridge
mattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmattt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I'm Matt Turner

Im 19 for another 2 weeks

I study Diagnostic Radiography at the University of Portsmouth. and work at my local sainsburys during the holidays.

I'm a race marshal during the seasons which ive done for 4 yrs and my dad has done for much much longer, which is where my love of motorsport comes from.

I went to my first F1 grand prix aged 18 months but fell asleep under the old bridge over the national straight and missed the race.

Two pictures are.

-- Me at the Silverstone classic in 2010 having to sit in a Ferrari 330 GTO to move it down the pitlane so we could get the next race started.

-- Me a couple of years ago at my sixth form ball

and most of the other pictures i have of me on facebook, i'm too drunk lol.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG00025-20100725-1538.jpg   4866_106557364352_539069352_1978543_4427900_n.jpg  
Old 29 Dec 2010, 12:53 (Ref:2809179)   #9
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
A hint: the word "sex" has a couple of meanings...

bio
Old 29 Dec 2010, 12:55 (Ref:2809180)   #10
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Dan, your girlfirend looks just stunning in that red vest!

bio
Old 29 Dec 2010, 12:57 (Ref:2809182)   #11
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
But are you suggesting he is perhaps Ms. Bio on weekends?
Dan, you promised you wouldn't tell anyone... Do you want me to tell them more about you and that puppy???

bio
Old 29 Dec 2010, 14:35 (Ref:2809211)   #12
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
don't start, Ms Bio! Oh no, it's not the weekend is it?

And thank you for yur wonderful words. I love my red vest-it suites me, don't you think?? haha

Selby
---
Also I forgot to mention, I'm very small lol 5'5 to be exact!
Old 29 Dec 2010, 19:34 (Ref:2809270)   #13
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
I'm very small lol 5'5 to be exact!
And without your trademark neon-pink high heels?

bio
Old 29 Dec 2010, 20:52 (Ref:2809289)   #14
LuiggiSpeed
Veteran

United States
LuiggiSpeed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thanx guys for following up this topic, I see Selby is one of my tribe but whats up with you folks you don't show face? SBF take that camera of yours and point it backwards and click that little button we want to match a face to all those memories I have from this site! You too bio, you can't be that ugly!!

Old 30 Dec 2010, 00:07 (Ref:2809325)   #15
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
you can't be that ugly!!

My Mother hangs a picture of me on the front door to ward off evil spirits and door to door salesmen. She claims to have also used it to keep unwanted family members from visiting as well.
Old 30 Dec 2010, 01:07 (Ref:2809332)   #16
bio
Veteran

Hungary
If you saw my real face I would have to kill you.

bio
Old 30 Dec 2010, 10:44 (Ref:2809396)   #17
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Quote:
Thanx guys for following up this topic, I see Selby is one of my tribe but whats up with you folks you don't show face? SBF take that camera of yours and point it backwards and click that little button we want to match a face to all those memories I have from this site! You too bio, you can't be that ugly!!

As I mentioned above, I am VERY aware of my privacy online. In this day and age, posting anything online can be used against you, unless you try and ensure what little control you have stays in your control.
Old 30 Dec 2010, 12:09 (Ref:2809409)   #18
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Quote:
As I mentioned above, I am VERY aware of my privacy online. In this day and age, posting anything online can be used against you, unless you try and ensure what little control you have stays in your control.
One of the main reasons I'm not on Facebook.

bio
Old 30 Dec 2010, 18:14 (Ref:2809472)   #19
jab
Veteran

Wales
South Wales/Coventry
jab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridjab should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I had no idea there was a Tenths Facebook group. Nice to be able to put some names to faces/faces to names

I'm James. I'm the same age as Matt. I'm at home in Wales at the moment but most of the time I'm at Warwick University in Coventry studying History, with a view to going into motor racing journalism/writing in the future

Btw I love the little community-within-a-community feel My Tracks has...

And Tathrim, where did you get your name from?

Last edited by jab; 30 Dec 2010 at 18:29.
Old 30 Dec 2010, 19:45 (Ref:2809509)   #20
Yannick
Veteran

Yannick should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, what can I say? I was born in the late 70s in a rural area in Northern Bavaria, Germany. As such, I was the main reason why my parents had to quit their habit of going trackside to Formula 1 Grand Prixs, whilst my uncle and aunt continued doing that during the early 80s. Once they had quit, too, the annual Monaco GP became a gathering of the whole family in front of the TV (and that was when it was still broadcast on TV-station ARD). As a kid, I developed a love for cars and their design in particular, having watched them go by day by day, looking out of the window down onto the street whilst playing with my toy model cars. I filled numerous sketchbooks with them. I wanted to become a car designer back in the day. But that changed in around 1990, when many of the long-running manufacturer car models were replaced with successors of a different name (e.g. Ascona to Vectra, etc.) and I got interested in environmentalism (yes, really!) to some extent.
I drew up my first racetrack designs whilst being bored, lying in a bunk bed on a sick day during the two-week-long school outing to a skiing resort in Austria in 1991.
Today, I'm working towards a degree in Geosciences - and TenTenths is a favourite waste of time.
I used to run "oval races" with a friend on our bikes in the backyard for a year and a half until he retired from it after spraining his ankle in a fall.
Since then, I usually take my bicycle for a ride of 20 to 40 kilometers in length through the countryside where my parents live, several times each summer. I'm usually joined by two friends. It's not really racing, but there is a bit of a competitive side to it, too.
That's about all I'd like to say in public as I've heard that potential employers are very well aware of the techniques of data mining and are very interested in their candidates' favourite "wastes of time".
Old 30 Dec 2010, 21:02 (Ref:2809530)   #21
bio
Veteran

Hungary
How does a German guy have a French nick? Wouldn't say it's a common occurence

bio
Old 30 Dec 2010, 22:43 (Ref:2809552)   #22
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Haha I'm glad there's others that share the same thoughts as I do. We're a rare breed I guess, and I suppose in a bizarre way we work as a team. We use eachother to bounce ideas off eachother, gain praise or criticism, or become inspired by others designs and thought processes. I've learnt a helluva lot from some of you, and without meaning to go too deep, it may, MAY, help to shape some of my future.

It's nice to find out a little about you lot we're all pretty dedicated, whether we realise it or not. By simply viewing and replying we're keeping this board alive, and to me, thats pretty awesome.

I'm sorry, I've drunk a bottle of wine. But I'll stand by this post sober.

Selby
Old 30 Dec 2010, 22:48 (Ref:2809554)   #23
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
Haha I've just realised, I even bloody have this board advertised in my sig!!

Dedication lads

Selby
Old 31 Dec 2010, 11:07 (Ref:2809650)   #24
Tathrim
Veteran

United Kingdom
Lancaster/Wallingford
Quote:
Originally Posted by jab View Post
I had no idea there was a Tenths Facebook group. Nice to be able to put some names to faces/faces to names

I'm James. I'm the same age as Matt. I'm at home in Wales at the moment but most of the time I'm at Warwick University in Coventry studying History, with a view to going into motor racing journalism/writing in the future

Btw I love the little community-within-a-community feel My Tracks has...

And Tathrim, where did you get your name from?
It was a character name that I came up with to play various roleplaying games (both tabletop and PC).

It's less used for the RPGs now, but it was useful to have it as a pseudonym for other activities and profiles. Except for the Youtube account, that was my brother piggybacking on the sidelines, deciding to steal my nick.

EDIT: they YT account seems to be deleted. didn't realise he'd finally moved to another acocunt.
Old 31 Dec 2010, 12:15 (Ref:2809673)   #25
bio
Veteran

Hungary
Luiggi,
did you realize we are the two old bones here?

bio