Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

View Poll Results: Pick the champions!
Audi Sport Team Joest 79 50.32%
Toyota Racing 42 26.75%
Porsche 31 19.75%
Rebellion Racing 2 1.27%
OAK Racing 1 0.64%
The other guys... 2 1.27%
Voters: 157. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2 Jul 2014, 20:00 (Ref:3429600)   #1226
Maelochs
Veteran

Maelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMaelochs will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
By that definition photography is a sport.

But hey, if Wikipedia says it ... it isn't just an opinion any more, it's Fact.
Old 2 Jul 2014, 22:01 (Ref:3429663)   #1227
Purist
Veteran

United States
Wichita, Kansas, USA
Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!Purist is going for a new world record!
To my mind, there are physical pursuits, judged contests/competitions, games, and sports.

Maybe WEC can go to Monza after Bernie drops it.
Old 3 Jul 2014, 09:36 (Ref:3429853)   #1228
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post
To my mind, there are physical pursuits, judged contests/competitions, games, and sports.

Not until the Ferrari P1 comes into being.....
Old 3 Jul 2014, 14:37 (Ref:3429931)   #1229
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Perrodo/Prospeed want to use a 991 RSR at the COTA round (renting the 991 used by Dempsey Racing-Proton at Le Mans).

http://sportscar365.com/lemans/wec/p...o-the-fia-wec/
Old 5 Jul 2014, 07:42 (Ref:3430477)   #1230
AndyN
Rookie

England
Somerset, naturalised
AndyN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purist View Post

I like the Monza idea. Don't wait for next year though, there is probably enought time to organise it between now and COTA...
Old 11 Jul 2014, 13:33 (Ref:3432812)   #1231
airbusA346
Veteran

England
Staffordshire, UK
airbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridairbusA346 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Ram Racing Withdraw From FIA WEC and End Operations!

http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=36230
Old 11 Jul 2014, 13:50 (Ref:3432814)   #1232
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by airbusA346 View Post

So this is the bad news that we have been waiting for then, its a real shame but I guess its the times we live in.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 14:00 (Ref:3432816)   #1233
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Had a bad feeling it was going to be them. That's a real shame.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 14:03 (Ref:3432818)   #1234
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

predictable, anyway I don't blame ram racing, the guilty is ACO who keeps on accepting teams without any real economic possibility to run an expensive full season program like WEC is.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 14:45 (Ref:3432834)   #1235
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
The worst part is with that you could see this coming.

But hey, it's the WEC or bust, right?
Old 11 Jul 2014, 14:47 (Ref:3432835)   #1236
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Should've stayed in the ELMS... not that it probably would have saved them but it'd been cheaper and easier to plan/budget in advance anyway (and no one cares if you skip rounds in that series). They already had automatic entry for LM by winning the champ last year anyway
Old 11 Jul 2014, 15:52 (Ref:3432850)   #1237
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by carbon_titanium View Post
predictable, anyway I don't blame ram racing, the guilty is ACO who keeps on accepting teams without any real economic possibility to run an expensive full season program like WEC is.
Hmm. If the team didn't know they'd get shorted on funding, how should the ACO?

RAM should have been a great example of the ladder system. Bossing the ELMS and then moving up to the WEC. That said they never ran any sponsorship and the silent backers were always going to raise eyebrows.

Goes without saying I'm gutted for everyone involved and that we just watched the team's last race.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 16:25 (Ref:3432865)   #1238
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:

Very sad. A team with much promise.

Meanwhile, on the bright side, Lotus LMP1 Has Successful First Test – On Course For COTA Debut. http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=36251

"I swear it's not vapourware... honest!"
Old 11 Jul 2014, 16:41 (Ref:3432873)   #1239
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Very sad. A team with much promise.

Meanwhile, on the bright side, Lotus LMP1 Has Successful First Test – On Course For COTA Debut. http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=36251

"I swear it's not vapourware... honest!"
And we still wait or the ontrack pictures! Also would be great to see a video to hear the new AER lump.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 17:13 (Ref:3432896)   #1240
Pontlieue
Racer

Pontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridPontlieue should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Motorsport-total has an ontrack picture:

Old 11 Jul 2014, 18:02 (Ref:3432919)   #1241
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Thanks for posting. I think that is the best looking of the new p1's. Any idea what TCS is that is on the sidepod?
Old 11 Jul 2014, 22:17 (Ref:3432988)   #1242
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Thanks for posting. I think that is the best looking of the new p1's. Any idea what TCS is that is on the sidepod?
Lotus used to have a "Lotus Europa TCS" GT type car, IIRC. Maybe some revival of that designation? It was also in JPS colors.

Last edited by Breitling24; 11 Jul 2014 at 22:25.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 11 Jul 2014, 22:32 (Ref:3432992)   #1243
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
From this picture it stands for Total Composite Solutions.

This is what google got. TCS.

Oh and I agree that it looks great! Teams can never go wrong with Black and Gold.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 22:36 (Ref:3432993)   #1244
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post

Thanks. I guessed it was a sponsor but is it also seems to be a company involved in construction of the car. Interesting to see lotus motorcycles in there as well.
Old 11 Jul 2014, 22:52 (Ref:3432999)   #1245
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salamus View Post

Oh and I agree that it looks great! Teams can never go wrong with Black and Gold.
Good find.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 12 Jul 2014, 10:58 (Ref:3433149)   #1246
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Lovely looking car. Seriously. I hope I can see it for myself at CoTA!
Old 12 Jul 2014, 16:30 (Ref:3433186)   #1247
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pontlieue View Post
Motorsport-total has an ontrack picture:

A true beauty, but I'm confused with the blurred part above in the woods and below the Armco. Is it because of camera focus or it's some sort of Photoshop-ish maneuver by Kodewa? (Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as everyone, if not more than, to see the car on track, but the pic just feels unnatural, weird.)
Old 12 Jul 2014, 17:10 (Ref:3433197)   #1248
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
A true beauty, but I'm confused with the blurred part above in the woods and below the Armco. Is it because of camera focus or it's some sort of Photoshop-ish maneuver by Kodewa? (Don't get me wrong, I'm as happy as everyone, if not more than, to see the car on track, but the pic just feels unnatural, weird.)
It's a Photoshop effect, designed to highlight the car against the background by limiting the depth of field when everything in the picture as taken was in focus. The image is curious in another way — a picture with the action (the car) occupying such a small portion of the image isn’t ordinarily considered particularly good photography. Surely the photog had a longer lens available -- so I suspect the image was chosen exactly because it was small and thus lacked detail of the car.
Old 12 Jul 2014, 17:16 (Ref:3433202)   #1249
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
That does appear a bit strange....but could it just be a post processing technique to blur the background and foreground, that was done poorly. Hence it comes on in a straight line? Maybe somebody with photography or photoshop skills could answer better.
Old 12 Jul 2014, 20:01 (Ref:3433235)   #1250
NelisB
Veteran

Netherlands
Deventer
NelisB should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
That does appear a bit strange....but could it just be a post processing technique to blur the background and foreground, that was done poorly. Hence it comes on in a straight line? Maybe somebody with photography or photoshop skills could answer better.
Going by the picture quality I'd say it has been taken off a video.