Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 12 Oct 2015, 19:52 (Ref:3582266)   #101
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piritos View Post
Thank you for the nice welcome.

Actually it's quite hard to convince someone to come with me... I don't have many friends who love motorsports (I'm a girl and mostly have female friends ), and those who do only like F1.
There are some people who might be interested but they say it's too expensive for them, which I can understand. If you're not a real fan, going to Le Mans just for the sake of it is really expensive for an average Hungarian person... (wages and prices are much lower here than in Western Europe.)

Anyway, I'll be there next year, even if I have to travel alone. I'm sure I can meet some nice people there.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Well the first thing for you to sort out is where you are staying, many on here have had first timers staying with them on the campsites, we usually have a mixed site (male/female) but my daughter might be missing next year (first time in many years) as her new school needs teachers to be present, however we will have several other females within our group, Ken has a more organised group of international guests but not sure of the mix. If you are on your own let me know nearer the time and i am sure we can sort something out, as long as we get our camping passes this year. However do not worry something will get sorted it always does.
As Simon (GT6) mentions, the International Camp, where I stay myself, is a very good option.
The last three years we have had at least three or four newcomers, who have come alone. This year will most likely be the same . (together with a lot of regulars of course!)
There is an official thread here:
International Ten-Tenths Camp III
Old 12 Oct 2015, 21:18 (Ref:3582285)   #102
Piritos
Rookie

Hungary
Piritos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you so much guys! You've definitely made me more confident about next year's trip. I'll check out the International Camp, sounds like a good option!
Old 13 Oct 2015, 21:15 (Ref:3582581)   #103
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Giba should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piritos View Post
Thank you so much guys! You've definitely made me more confident about next year's trip. I'll check out the International Camp, sounds like a good option!
This time last year I also was looking at going to Le Mans but had no plan. However in June I was part of the international camp and it was fantastic and would definitely recommend it to a first time visitor.
Old 19 Oct 2015, 18:46 (Ref:3584154)   #104
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Tickets arranged for next year through ticket&travel : no campsite tertre rouge unfortunately but back to Houx for 2016, grandstand tickets for Dunlop, first time on that grandstand ( time for a change)
Old 19 Oct 2015, 19:49 (Ref:3584169)   #105
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!Coach Ep has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
that's sad news. I ate there the Monday after the race but sadly I was the only one in the restaurant. The food and service was excellent and hoped to go back there again in the future. I wish I had taken more pictures of the inside of the restaurant as it was magnificent.
And no more Le Mans Legends burgers...

Old 21 Oct 2015, 12:30 (Ref:3584563)   #106
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Tickets arranged for next year through ticket&travel : no campsite tertre rouge unfortunately but back to Houx for 2016, grandstand tickets for Dunlop, first time on that grandstand ( time for a change)
I put 3 Tertre Rouge eggs in the Ticket+Travel basket as well, but they hatched 3 Garage Vert tickets

Furthermore, I put 3 TR eggs in the Nadine basket as well. No news about hatching for the moment.
Old 22 Oct 2015, 08:15 (Ref:3584712)   #107
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
i have not heard from Nadine yet either, but still hopeful that i will get my usual allocation
Old 22 Oct 2015, 15:46 (Ref:3584769)   #108
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
As if by magic, Nadine just sent me the forms so hopefully they will be with her ready for the 3rd November, but need to renew ACO first
Old 3 Nov 2015, 11:24 (Ref:3587779)   #109
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm reliably informed that Houx is now sold out. So if you want a space you need to use an agency....
Old 3 Nov 2015, 17:43 (Ref:3587881)   #110
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I'm reliably informed that Houx is now sold out. So if you want a space you need to use an agency....
No surprise there
Old 4 Nov 2015, 08:49 (Ref:3588054)   #111
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Nobody here played ACO roulette yesterday? Lots of comments of happy customers on their facebook page
Old 4 Nov 2015, 10:55 (Ref:3588078)   #112
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
almost all decent campsites are prebooked by ticket agencies nowadays...
Old 4 Nov 2015, 11:33 (Ref:3588085)   #113
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Nobody here played ACO roulette yesterday? Lots of comments of happy customers on their facebook page
I did
Old 4 Nov 2015, 11:34 (Ref:3588086)   #114
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
almost all decent campsites are prebooked by ticket agencies nowadays...
Not only campsites but places in grandstand 17 and 18 are reserved for other ACO agencies. ( why other because there is no onse more in Le Mans)
Old 4 Nov 2015, 16:14 (Ref:3588142)   #115
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
I have just booked our group into T4 Panorama for 2016. Has anyone had any experience of this stand?
Old 4 Nov 2015, 21:08 (Ref:3588239)   #116
isynge
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mal View Post
I have just booked our group into T4 Panorama for 2016. Has anyone had any experience of this stand?
Sat there in 2015 - quite liked it. Good view as you'd expect, but a little exposed to the elements (which of course isn't a problem) - also quite fun it being Audi's stand in the run up to the start and getting to hold up their big flag.
Old 6 Nov 2015, 16:16 (Ref:3588595)   #117
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by batmobile View Post
I did
Just the same experience as you, I suspect Eric.
Impossible to book Members' Grandstand seats. I booked two Dunlop instead before all grandstands were fully booked.
Worse with the camping - each time I selected Houx the software put Epinettes
in my basket.
When I phoned the ACO ticket office they were very unhelpful - seems it was my fault that I couldn't get what I wanted at 10.00 am on Tuesday, i.e. 10 minutes after booking opened, and I could have Epinettes or nothing (well Beausejour)
Now I hope to find someone local who will offer me space in their drive or garden for my caravan. Maybe that's too much to hope for.
Old 6 Nov 2015, 21:51 (Ref:3588652)   #118
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kpy View Post
Impossible to book Members' Grandstand seats. I booked two Dunlop instead before all grandstands were fully booked.
in my basket.
When I phoned the ACO ticket office they were very unhelpful - seems it was my fault that I couldn't get what I wanted at 10.00 am on Tuesday, i.e. 10 minutes after booking opened, and I could have Epinettes or nothing (well Beausejour)
Now I hope to find someone local who will offer me space in their drive or garden for my caravan. Maybe that's too much to hope for.
Oh they dared say it was your fault!!!
I know that places are kept for the french territory ACO agencies but I suspect the ACO to sell more and more places (grandstands and camping) to ticket agencies as Nobby said. Last year, I was told they could access to the site at the same moment than us..................and even they have contracts with some ticket agencies .
Old 6 Nov 2015, 23:40 (Ref:3588678)   #119
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
in my basket.
I'm very sorry to hear this Christopher!
Will this mean you won't be camping with the danes this year in the same spot as the last years?
Old 6 Nov 2015, 23:49 (Ref:3588679)   #120
Kpy
Veteran

Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!Kpy has a real shot at the podium!
Eric, there is an ACO agency quite near me at Rouen and years ago I contacted them to try and set up a supply of tickets when the "members priority " system was introduced, but the very nice lady manager found that she was allowed no more tickets than the allocation she already had for her regular customers.
I'm seriously considering giving up my membership and putting the subscription towards tickets from an agency.
My contact at the agency I am in touch with in the UK is a lot more polite than the fonctionnaire I spoke to at the ACO
Old 7 Nov 2015, 06:46 (Ref:3588742)   #121
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I luckily booked a Lagache grandstand for Vincent as there were only three free seats. I had to pay the price of the delivery, so I hope I won't pay the delivery twice, one time for this ticket, one time for the tickets of the usual reservation coupon.
Old 7 Nov 2015, 12:58 (Ref:3588788)   #122
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
Benefits of being an ACO member rapidly rapidly being outweighed by the hefty yearly fee. Will reconsider renewing my subscription come next September.
Old 8 Nov 2015, 09:16 (Ref:3589009)   #123
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Benefits of being an ACO member rapidly rapidly being outweighed by the hefty yearly fee. Will reconsider renewing my subscription come next September.
How much is ACO membership? As after going on at beginning of Friday and getting one of the last tickets from a stand opposite the pits, I'm tempted to get ACO membership for next year
Old 8 Nov 2015, 14:41 (Ref:3589037)   #124
Kpy
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giba View Post
How much is ACO membership? As after going on at beginning of Friday and getting one of the last tickets from a stand opposite the pits, I'm tempted to get ACO membership for next year
Currently 105 euros per annum.
Be warned that membership does not necessarily give you the right to a seat in one of the members' stands (18 and 19). That proved impossible for me and for other members I know this year, even though I logged on as soon as the on-line booking office opened. Same applied to Houx campsite.

Membership is worthwhile for the Classic - you get good rates for paddock entrance (used to be free) and reduced prices on grandstands, but that is held only every other year
Old 9 Nov 2015, 08:29 (Ref:3589199)   #125
Giba
Racer

United Kingdom
Leeds
Quote:
Currently 105 euros per annum.
Be warned that membership does not necessarily give you the right to a seat in one of the members' stands (18 and 19). That proved impossible for me and for other members I know this year, even though I logged on as soon as the on-line booking office opened. Same applied to Houx campsite.

Membership is worthwhile for the Classic - you get good rates for paddock entrance (used to be free) and reduced prices on grandstands, but that is held only every other year
Thanks Kpy, did not expect it to be so much but plenty to think about for next year.