Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Tributes Forum

Old 2 Dec 2007, 19:05 (Ref:2080017)   #1
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Howard Fisher

I'm deeply saddend to be the bearer of bad news but Howard Fisher - MSA Scrutineer, who will be known to many HSCC and 750MC competitors, died today after a battle, this year, with illness. I'm sure you'll join me in thinking of his wife Sue and son Christopher at this time.
Old 3 Dec 2007, 08:32 (Ref:2080374)   #2
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Very sad indeed John,One of the people who would always help out if needed,he will be missed.
Old 3 Dec 2007, 15:20 (Ref:2080704)   #3
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
John,

very sad news

I know that you are in touch with Sue, will you post if and when you find out arrangements for the likes of flowers and/or if the family prefer a particular charity that you could make a donation to etc
Old 3 Dec 2007, 15:33 (Ref:2080707)   #4
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Claire and all

Of couse, I'll post full details as soon as I have them. Although many of us knew of Howard's condition, we were all hoping for a miracle and it's been a tragic blow to all who knew him and his family. Personally, I've lost a good friend as well as a valued colleague.

Last edited by johngee; 3 Dec 2007 at 15:39.
Old 3 Dec 2007, 16:20 (Ref:2080741)   #5
M Greenslade
Veteran

England
Chipping Norton, Oxon
M Greenslade should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
On my very first days Marshalling at Snetterton which I believe was 1976 I was on the Esses for a Group 8 meeting, Martin Shalders was the Observer (still a close friend) and on post also was Pete & Ann Ainsworth and also Howard. I remember the kindness extended to me during my first season and met Howard again over the years, I did not know he was ill. Howard RIP - Bladders
Old 5 Dec 2007, 00:21 (Ref:2081743)   #6
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

Details of Howard's funeral

Thursday 13th December at 12.30
Venue Harwood Park Crematorium, Watton Road, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG2 8XT

This will be followed with a gathering at a local pub just a few minutes drive from the Crematorium.
The Chequers, Bradbury End, Stevenage, Hertfordshire, SG2 8TH

Everyone is welcome.
Family flowers only but if anyone wishes to make a donation to Isabel Hospice this would be much appreciated as they were most supportive during Howards last days.

Donations can either be sent direct to me or given to me on the day. Alternatively you can send direct to Powell Funeral Service, Nelson Court, Watton Road, Ware, Hertfordshire, SG12 0AA.

Please feel free to pass these details to anyone you feel may wish to receive them.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 02:50 (Ref:2082547)   #7
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
With the permission of the Historic mods, I'll move this to Tributes.

Sad to lose one of the good guys.
Old 6 Dec 2007, 19:35 (Ref:2083066)   #8
NJF
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
NJF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a damn shame, such a lovely guy. Howard was always there to help and advise, never to hinder or make life awkward for racers.
My sincere condolences to Sue & Christopher.
RIP Howard xx
Old 7 Dec 2007, 10:48 (Ref:2083493)   #9
Fred Gallagher
Rookie

Fred Gallagher should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Howard, Sue and laterly Christopher worked on the print and information side of the RAC Rally (later WRGB) during all my time as Clerk of the Course. We missed them terribly this year and then got the final bit of bad news during the event.

RIP Howard,

Fred
Old 7 Dec 2007, 15:13 (Ref:2083682)   #10
dikko
Veteran

United Kingdom
Herts
dikko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thoroughly nice guy, the HSCC & Historic FF's will miss him.
Old 11 Dec 2007, 16:43 (Ref:2086621)   #11
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rest in peace mate.

Dave & Elaine
Old 13 Dec 2007, 11:14 (Ref:2087847)   #12
slickvic
Rookie

slickvic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Howard - You will ALWAYS be in my thoughts, you were part of my mentoring and I I don't mind telling anyone - It upset me BIG time, when I recieved the news today (12 Dec)......rest in peace my friend, you will be missed by many, many people. God Bless.. Vic
Old 15 Dec 2007, 17:29 (Ref:2089599)   #13
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Why is it the nice guys of this world have to go. He was a lovelly bloke and a great scruit. Howard was such a great enthusiast for motor sport i will miss him and the chats in the scruitineering bay.
Old 5 Jan 2008, 16:02 (Ref:2100146)   #14
Abbie44
Rookie

United Kingdom
East Riding of Yorkshire
Abbie44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
great guy, will be missed!

RIP xxx
Old 29 Mar 2008, 21:31 (Ref:2164729)   #15
Stuart H
Veteran

England
Wellingborough
Stuart H should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I know this is a bit late but i'll be running with black tape beside my race numbers at the stock hatch round in april at brands.

RIP