Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

View Poll Results: Who will win Istanbul..........
Zytek 04s (Shimoda, Elgaard, Chilton) 12 36.36%
Creation DBA Judd (Deletraz, Minassian, J-C-W) 7 21.21%
Audi R8 (Ortelli, McNish) 3 9.09%
Pescarolo C60H (Bouillion, Collard) 11 33.33%
Courage C60H (J-M Gounon, Frei) 0 0%
Voters: 33. You may not vote on this poll

Old 11 Nov 2005, 11:39 (Ref:1458011)   #1
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
I love 04s has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
LMES Istanbul Race Thread.

Great news - Shimoda has been passed as fully fit to drive and has signed on already with Elgaard and Chilton.

Its going to be really interesting to see how they fair against each other, all being so young. All with Shimoda coming of the back of what will probably be the biggest accident of his career (hopefully!), Elgaard is right on top of his game from Danish Touring Car and Chilton seems to be getting to grips nicely.

I personally think Shimoda will be 0.5s quicker than Casper and 1.5s quicker than Tom............go get 'em Hayanari!!!!!

Which car will be fastest around the track though - it's got to suit Zytek IMHO
Old 11 Nov 2005, 12:33 (Ref:1458051)   #2
Splendid Cat
Racer

Splendid Cat should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm really gunning for Collard and Pesca. It seems ages ago since Collard dominated the Supercup.

He just keeps delivering results whatever he drives. Pesca is just a legend and deserves a title for who he is and the colour and french interest he has added to Le Mans since forming his own team.

Chilton says he's lost all respect for JJ and Weaver after PLM. Excuse me sir, but when he has performed at a top level for 20 yrs then I may take his views with a modicum of credence. JJ and James should have smacked him and sent him to bed early (oh, and told him to sort out that bog-brush on top of his head). So I can't possibly get behind Shimoda-san. Irrational? Yes. Do I give a monkey's? Nah.

Go 'Manu!
Old 11 Nov 2005, 12:54 (Ref:1458068)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Personally im thinking the Zytek will take the win, Shimoda and Chilton and Elgaard is a top line up. Im expecting to see good things from Chilton this weekend, hes probably the 2nd fastest driver out of the 3 listed and if his Laguna Seca performance is anything to go by he will defintely be right on the pace.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 13:19 (Ref:1458082)   #4
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
Don't underestimate Elgaard.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 13:20 (Ref:1458085)   #5
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
You shoudnt underestimate Chilton either 04's, saying that he will be 1.5 seconds off Shimodas pace is a bit far fetched. IMO.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 13:37 (Ref:1458096)   #6
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I've gone for Creation to break their duck!!

(That probably comes more from the heart than the head...... )
Old 11 Nov 2005, 13:40 (Ref:1458099)   #7
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Can see Istanbul suiting the power of the Pescarolo down to the ground.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 14:21 (Ref:1458154)   #8
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by SALEEN S7R
You shoudnt underestimate Chilton either 04's, saying that he will be 1.5 seconds off Shimodas pace is a bit far fetched. IMO.

We will see...............he certainly was at Nurburgring - don't get me wrong, he is a good driver but not in the same league as Shimoda.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 14:34 (Ref:1458166)   #9
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
Shimoda has been driving the DBA/Zytek for how long? At least 2 or 3 years. The Nurburgring was Chiltons 2nd race in the Zytek, and his 1st dry race in the car so really it was expected that he would still be a little off Shimoda's pace who has been driving the car for years. Then at PLM the Zytek as we all know got trashed before he even got a chance to drive it during the race, and to top it all off he put the car on pole at Laguna. Every race Chilton is improving leaps and bounds, and it wont be long before hes on Shimodas pace. IMO. Still, wait and see.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 14:49 (Ref:1458182)   #10
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Seems first free practice times are in. You'll find them here. Click on Free Practice 1. Did someone mention the track was going to suit the Pesca........

PS Should this thread be merged with the sticky thread at the top?
Old 11 Nov 2005, 15:13 (Ref:1458205)   #11
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
Yeah perhaps..............Early days yet Bentley!

Just for your info Saleen S7R, Nurburgring was Chilton's 3rd race in the car (He ended up in the tyres at Mid-Ohio and made a haulix of things at Silverstone-leading to Shimoda driving 4 hours solid in the pouring rain!!!!! ). He has now tested it twice and driven over 2000km in the 04s..........................

Furthermore when I say that he is in the same league as Shimoda, I also include the fact that Hayanari is more consistent, constantly putting in laps within 3-5 tenths of each other - Lets not forget at Leguna it was not as if Zytek thought that Tom would be faster than Hayanari - they new they would have the pace either way and so they gave Tom the chance - certainly the right thing to do IMO for Tom's confidence.

What wasn't clear on the TV was that Hayanari had to overtake 5 cars (including 2 2002 spec Audis, 2 Dyson Lolas and a works Porsche LMP2) in 2 hours to get that 1st position - a hell of an achievement - 2 Audis and the Porsche bagged in one lap!!!!!!(IMO better then his back-to-front at Nurburgring.)

I think Shimoda has a natural knack for Sportscar driving, there are very few drivers out there who are quicker than him.....................however like Tom, Hayanari is still learning, getting faster and more reliable every race..............I just think that Hayanari started as a more talented sportscar driver and for this reason cannot ever see Chilton quite matching him for pace.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 15:38 (Ref:1458223)   #12
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Just for the record 04S, those were 2003 spec Audi R8s (smaller restrictors than 2002).

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Zytek crew go this weekend. Should be fun stuff to watch a young bunch such as this. Certainly the Pescarolo has a horsepower advantage here, which should be a benefit. But you can't count out the ballance of the Zytek and the DBA either. Nor can you count out the consistency of the Audi over the race distance with Ortelli and McNish at the wheel. Should be a fun race. Wish I had some TV coverage of it.
Old 11 Nov 2005, 15:42 (Ref:1458230)   #13
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
Just for the record 04S, those were 2003 spec Audi R8s (smaller restrictors than 2002).

I'm looking forward to seeing how the Zytek crew go this weekend. Should be fun stuff to watch a young bunch such as this. Certainly the Pescarolo has a horsepower advantage here, which should be a benefit. But you can't count out the ballance of the Zytek and the DBA either. Nor can you count out the consistency of the Audi over the race distance with Ortelli and McNish at the wheel. Should be a fun race. Wish I had some TV coverage of it.

But you can always tune in NASCAB Trucks or Busch-League buckets on Speed....the home of France Family Entertainment!!!!

I think I'll clean my gutters instead....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 11 Nov 2005, 15:45 (Ref:1458233)   #14
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Yeah Tim, Speed's programming lately has sucked royal. We get NASCAR reality TV, NASCAR soap operas, and NASCAR enterainment news. There is so much variety there that it boggels the mind.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 01:05 (Ref:1458524)   #15
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!skycafe is going for a new lap record!
Boy, no kidding about Speed, every time I flip it on, or even look at the schedule it is endless Nascar or some sort of building/rebuilding/customizing of cars, etc. At best we are going to see five badly edited minutes of the LMES race on the highlight show which is bracketed between Nascar poker and Nascar fishing or something. Oye!

I would love to see Rollcentre somehow pull rabbit out of hat as a reward for keeping the candle burning, but I would almost equally love to see the DBA win!

robert
Old 12 Nov 2005, 09:07 (Ref:1458672)   #16
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Damp conditions for this mornings 2nd Free Practice session. Still the Pesca showing the way, results on LMES website here.

PS Still 2 threads open! Surely it would make more sense to merge?
Old 12 Nov 2005, 09:47 (Ref:1458688)   #17
ger80
Veteran

Germany
Birmingham
ger80 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
every car is a LMP1 in that timing
Old 12 Nov 2005, 09:52 (Ref:1458691)   #18
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
Not in the PDF version
Old 12 Nov 2005, 11:41 (Ref:1458765)   #19
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
Third practice underway - Pesca, Zytek, DBA. Zytek within 5tenths and Shimoda has got in the car yet.............seems the pace is going to be pretty even this weekend...........I wonder who will qualify the car, from the DSC article it sounds as if Shimoda's pretty shaken up (hardly surprising) and really should be doing the minimum amount of driving, Elgaard seems like the next fastest...........
Old 12 Nov 2005, 11:57 (Ref:1458774)   #20
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Third free practice complete. Results here.

Less than a second between Pesca/Zytek/Audi and DBA. Note Guy Smith's time to top LMP2. Looks like he's enjoying himself......
Old 12 Nov 2005, 12:56 (Ref:1458831)   #21
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Again a good result for the Spyker.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 13:07 (Ref:1458839)   #22
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Less than half an hour until qualifying. DSC reports that Shimoda will be rested today and won't drive the car until the warm up tomorrow. So will it be Chilton or Elgaard qualifying the factory Zytek?
Old 12 Nov 2005, 13:21 (Ref:1458850)   #23
I love 04s
Racer

United Kingdom
Must be Elgaard - that 1.40.625 should settle it.
Old 12 Nov 2005, 13:27 (Ref:1458856)   #24
Audi R8R
Racer

Audi R8R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't see Shimoda actually getting in the car for the rest of the weekend to be honest. I still don't think he's up to doing a full stint.

Will be a shame. I can honestly see the Audi winning this one. I think it might all come down to reliability and damage limitation. That 4 apex Turn 8 is going to catch a lot of people out over the course of 100kms...
Old 12 Nov 2005, 13:27 (Ref:1458858)   #25
Cadete
Racer

Cadete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't seem to find the live timing, or is it on the same page where the results from the earlier sessions are stored?