Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Sep 2015, 06:59 (Ref:3576565)   #1
Terry S
Racer

Terry S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
RACE Magazine may be no more

Just been advised with the latest edition (Sep - Nov) that this wonderful magazine may cease after the December edition.

The magazine could be described as idiosyncratic, but I think its a great read and would be very sorry to see it go.

It is wonderful because it completely ignores V8SC. Hear, Hear.

A recent detailed article on the Hossack Audi Chev sports sedan was one of the best and most informative I have read in over 50 years of reading motor mags. In the latest issue there is a great story on Kerry Baily's Aston Martin sports sedan.

There are frequently good stories on Improved Production cars that you don't see anywhere else. Also good technical articles.

Apparently the guy that has run it for the last 10 years is a one man band and finding it too time consuming with family commitments. He has two sons approaching teenage years so wants more time with them

He is trying to find someone to take it over or will close with December issue. I really hope he finds someone......
Old 24 Sep 2015, 07:08 (Ref:3576568)   #2
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry S View Post
Just been advised with the latest edition (Sep - Nov) that this wonderful magazine may cease after the December edition.

The magazine could be described as idiosyncratic, but I think its a great read and would be very sorry to see it go.

A recent detailed article on the Hossack Audi Chev sports sedan was one of the best and most informative I have read in over 50 years of reading motor mags. In the latest issue there is a great story on Kerry Baily's Aston Martin sports sedan.

There are frequently good stories on Improved Production cars that you don't see anywhere else. Also good technical articles.

Apparently the guy that has run it for the last 10 years is a one man band and finding it too time consuming with family commitments. He has two sons approaching teenage years so wants more time with them

He is trying to find someone to take it over or will close with December issue. I really hope he finds someone......
So whats stopping you?
Old 24 Sep 2015, 07:33 (Ref:3576571)   #3
Terry S
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
So whats stopping you?
Very simple, SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED.
Old 24 Sep 2015, 08:19 (Ref:3576580)   #4
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Very simple, SHE WHO MUST BE OBEYED.
On the assumption that you are 60 (50 years of reading mags) and thus your kids are grown up and you are drawing nearer to retirement

It might be a great opportunity to keep you out of her hair. Reckon if you sell it right she will quickly take this on board.

Plus save the magazine
Old 29 Sep 2015, 03:07 (Ref:3577903)   #5
djr81
Racer

djr81 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

Well not because it doesn't cover super cars but because it is pretty much the only Australian based magazine that has any technical content about motorsport at all. The others are hopeless in that regard as are the street oriented publications - just shopping lists of parts and thanking peoples mates.

Neil writes a good article and there have been any number of good cars and good long interviews with interesting people. I have all the issues and always looked forward to its publication.

Fingers crossed it will move on to a new owner and keep on going.
Old 29 Sep 2015, 04:27 (Ref:3577920)   #6
Terry S
Racer

At last an intelligent sensible reply....
Old 24 Dec 2015, 22:30 (Ref:3600034)   #7
Terry S
Racer

It is very disappointing to read in the latest December issue that there appears to be no buyers in sight so it will probably close after this issue.

Such a shame.

There is one optimistic article that finishes with "To be continued"