Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 21 Jan 2017, 20:19 (Ref:3704113)   #1
markymar93
Rookie

markymar93 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
finding a cars history from Italy

Hi
i have recently imported a car from italy to uk. I have registered the car, however, i am lacking some history on the car. I know it competed in the 1989 mille miglia and the 2015 silver flag and the 2015 monte pellegrino. However, that is pretty much it. It is a 1951 renault 4cv. Does anyone have any ideas where i could try and find out any more history? The previous owner is not contactable.
thanks
Old 22 Jan 2017, 08:20 (Ref:3704190)   #2
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
markymar did you consider contacting whether a french CAR (Club Amateur anciennes Renault) or maybe Renault Classic? I would go to a club because probably your car hasn't been raced between '51 and '89. How many bolts to the wheels? Are the metal engraved plates written in French? Which type of trim (Affaires, Sport, Commerciale… ), and options - embrayage Ferlec ou chauffage Sofica? Anyway, if I can help, be my guest with absolutely no guarantee of good end of course.
Old 22 Jan 2017, 08:23 (Ref:3704191)   #3
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
By the way, do you know the very disrespectful nickname this puce de la route" got? It has to do with the fact that prone to roll they could be found along the road upside down, Ã* la mode lles jambes en l'air …
Old 22 Jan 2017, 15:15 (Ref:3704241)   #4
markymar93
Rookie

Many thanks for your rreply.the version I have is the grand luxe. It has a jaeger tachometer in front of steering wheel and the speedo in the centre of the ddash.it has the five spoke wheels, 6 chrome strip front spot lights and interior map light. Also has sunroof. The Renault heritage did say they can give me an I'd card from build but have no records for history.
Thanks Mark
Old 22 Jan 2017, 15:39 (Ref:3704242)   #5
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Got the picture, Mark. 5 spoke wheels mean first model, and the chrome strip are often referred to as being "moustaches". Glad to hear that at least someone at Renault could help. Yes, its gonna tough time to collect its record form Italy, specially if it was a daily later converted to rallye car. Anyway if you feel comfortable with some help from someone supposed to be fluent in French, just let me know.
Old 22 Jan 2017, 23:03 (Ref:3704326)   #6
markymar93
Rookie

Hi. I would appreciate any help. It would be great if we did find out that it had an interesting rally or race history. Are there any french renault clubs that may be able to help? I know with my triumph cars and jowett, i have found some historians of that marque who have given me lots of interesting information about my specific cars.
thanks mark
Old 23 Jan 2017, 06:50 (Ref:3704394)   #7
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Mark, err……… to stay correct towards my compatriotes I would say that we dont give the same meaning to the word culture when classic cars or racing are involved. You see what I mean. But luckily the brand you're interested in at the moment is so popular and produced so many cars/ models that I think we can provide some help. I'll pm you about that.
And just out of my curiosity did you ever have an Alfa Romeo Dauphine?