Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Indycar Series

Old 14 Feb 2008, 02:52 (Ref:2128417)   #1
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Derrick Walkers Take

Explains his position a lot better, why he has a Dallara in his shop as well as the DP's. I just wish that KK or GF would/could speak up.

http://www.walkerracing.com/media/di...id=412&lang=en

February 13, 2008
For the Fans: Walker Racing's Point of View
By Derrick Walker

Over the last couple of days there has been a lot of speculation as to what is happening with Champ Car and Walker Racing/ Team Australia. We are sure that the fans have heard and read a lot of the rumors that are circulating about Champ Car and we thought it was important to give the fans a little perspective on Walker Racing's point of view about the issue of the potential merger and our current status.
Old 14 Feb 2008, 03:46 (Ref:2128439)   #2
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Like I said, he'll run where ever the money is available to do so.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 04:49 (Ref:2130651)   #3
icemachine
Veteran

Canada
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
icemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridicemachine should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Walker Update - Feb 16th

Still unsure of direction, but still active in CC and 'interested' in IRL

http://www.walkerracing.com/media/di...id=413&lang=en

Quote:
The team was at the Ohlins shaker test prior to the first open test for Champ Car in Sebring. I became concerned as there wasn't sufficient information out there to suggest that there was a clear direction for Champ Car going forward. At that time, I didn't really know anything about a merger, but I was concerned because there were some ominous signs that maybe Champ Car didn't have a strategy and it was unclear to me as to where they were going to go for 2008. Coupled with that, the uncertainty of Champ Car's 2008 schedule had delayed monies owed to the team, and so being of Scottish birth, I decided to save some money and check out what was really happening in Champ Car.
Quote:
I asked Brian Barnhart if there was a team he would recommend who would willingly lend us a car to look at. As luck would have it, my good friend from many years ago, Kent Baker, had a car and had no hesitation in letting us borrow it. We have had the Dallara for a week now
Quote:
We are in open wheel racing and like it or not we can't look at IRL and Champ Car and say it's one or the other. We have to look at them as viable opportunities for us and always try to find business where we can. Sometimes that can be in both or sometimes it can be in one or the other.
Quote:
I think Atlantics is a very viable series, well organized and as you can see from the grid, is very competitive and a great formula that has managed a lot of its costs and its rules to the point that is truly is one of the best open wheel junior series in the world. I can't believe that it will not land on its feet with whatever happens with the merger discussions.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 15:12 (Ref:2130919)   #4
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I think Atlantics is a very viable series, well organized and as you can see from the grid, is very competitive and a great formula that has managed a lot of its costs and its rules to the point that is truly is one of the best open wheel junior series in the world. I can't believe that it will not land on its feet with whatever happens with the merger discussions.
Yeah, you gotta believe. I don't suppose he'll take the Mansell's and Lacroix with him if he goes and enter 3 cars in IPS?

Well, how about just Lacroix then.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 20:24 (Ref:2131096)   #5
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Last2LiftOff
Yeah, you gotta believe. I don't suppose he'll take the Mansell's and Lacroix with him if he goes and enter 3 cars in IPS?

Well, how about just Lacroix then.
Mazda has said Atlantics will continue no matter what. And right now it looks like Champcar 2008 is moving ahead.

I doubt they would run out and buy a whole new set of equipment at this moment in time.
Old 17 Feb 2008, 23:55 (Ref:2131429)   #6
Last2LiftOff
Veteran

Canada
Six Jolly Fellowship Porters
Last2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameLast2LiftOff will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar
And right now it looks like Champcar 2008 is moving ahead.
It's difficult to imagine how far into a season Champcar can get on a cash only basis MS, surely no credit terms available. But I'm guessing, who knows. And it's probably off-topic.
Old 19 Feb 2008, 23:12 (Ref:2132949)   #7
gttouring
Veteran

gttouring should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
atlantics can survive as a ladder series very well, after the myriad of mazda series all the way up to the big cars, i feel unless an F3000 type develops here to take over, Atlantics are good to stay ... the strange mustachioed IPS car might be another thing, but as said before Indy lights and Atlantics survived together for some time and many times at the same event.
If champcar goes on for 2008 it might be a very truncated season-
Old 24 Feb 2008, 08:02 (Ref:2136381)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Mr Gore, principal of the Team Australia brand, seems to think the deal is done, and that Will Power will run a Team Australia-supported car in the IRL.. Here

What doesnt seem so special is the number of teams that seem to be folding
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 25 Feb 2008, 04:21 (Ref:2137129)   #9
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
That was always going to happen: it is unfortunate, but just the way it is.
Old 28 Feb 2008, 13:56 (Ref:2140105)   #10
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
well it's good that Will will be in the car and 2 Aussies in the series.