Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 4 Mar 2009, 01:00 (Ref:2408566)   #26
sweetchuk
Racer

Australia
sweetchuk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mr Dane's move here can be best summarised in the classic Yes, Prime Minister series when Sir Humphrey Appelby, upon learning of a less than ideal & generally ill-conceived decision of direction by the Prime Minister, and having background knowledge that it is in fact, a very hazardous one, chimes in with the calm eloquence of, "Well well, it is a very courageous decision, Prime Minister ..."

Courageous indeed, when you consider that while actual financial support might not be forthcoming for Triple Eight, there is a raft of other less visible, but equally valuable support given to that Team from said manufacturer, which assauges quite a large part of their budget.

Equally as amusing, but no less impactful from a marketing sense, is Mr Dane's decision to feature Norton branding where once the FORD windscreen signage once stood.

I'm not so sure there can be too many positives coming out of a leading Team boldly displaying their involvement & allegiance with what has been proven to be one of the most overbloated, underperforming, conflicting Anti-Virus programs available ... or who knows, maybe Mr Dane did it knowing all of that .. maybe??.....
Old 4 Mar 2009, 01:19 (Ref:2408578)   #27
Go Harder.
Racer

Australia
Somewhere in the sticks...
Go Harder. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So at the GP in Melbourne, when Holden lines up on one side and Ford lines up on the other, where will the 888 Supercars start from?? Somehow jammed in the middle??
Old 4 Mar 2009, 10:01 (Ref:2408710)   #28
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
So at the GP in Melbourne, when Holden lines up on one side and Ford lines up on the other, where will the 888 Supercars start from?? Somehow jammed in the middle??
the pig pen maybe.
Old 5 Mar 2009, 04:20 (Ref:2409295)   #29
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The PIG jokes (I use the term lightly) are already getting painful and the livery is a week old.

Can't wait for all the "witty" commentary
Old 5 Mar 2009, 10:25 (Ref:2409394)   #30
Pro Racer
Veteran

Australia
Earth
Pro Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
blame Roland.
Old 6 Mar 2009, 08:27 (Ref:2410130)   #31
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Harder. View Post
They are persisting with this rubbish format?
Old 23 Mar 2009, 02:32 (Ref:2422389)   #32
fantom
Rookie

Australia
orange
fantom should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No FORD logo on 888 cars

I dont see any FORD logos on the 888 cars or drivers,pitcrews suits.What does Roland thinks his teams driving TOYOTAS !!
Old 23 Mar 2009, 02:40 (Ref:2422391)   #33
Burnsie
Official Timekeeper!
Veteran

Burnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBurnsie should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
http://tentenths.com/forum/showpost....65&postcount=2
Old 23 Mar 2009, 02:51 (Ref:2422396)   #34
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fantom View Post
I dont see any FORD logos on the 888 cars or drivers, pitcrews suits.
The reason behind it is that Ford cut funding to T8 so that's why you don't see any blue ovals on anything associated to the team except for Craig Lowndes (who has a personal contract with Ford)
Old 23 Mar 2009, 03:10 (Ref:2422402)   #35
EBXR8
Veteran

Australia
Australia
EBXR8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I thought i saw Metro Ford on the backs of the 888 Pit crew?? May have just been my eyes but i could have sworn that was what i saw
Old 23 Mar 2009, 03:41 (Ref:2422414)   #36
NewsStalker
Veteran

NewsStalker should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Metro Ford isn't Ford - it's a dealership. Big difference - one pays for the exposure, the other gets none.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 09:08 (Ref:2422528)   #37
FalconXRated
Racer

FalconXRated should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewsStalker View Post
Metro Ford isn't Ford - it's a dealership. Big difference - one pays for the exposure, the other gets none.
No difference at all, Metro Ford and Ford are botrh in the business of selling Ford Cars.
Were Metro Ford aware of 888 dropping the logos when they signed up?
Why would they sponsor the team when the team doesn't identify their cars as Fords?
Looks to me like Metro Ford have been screwed, I can't see a Ford dealer agreeing to this crap.
While I appreciate the point Dane is trying to make, why intentionally go out fo your way to alleinate the brand that paid for your championship and make fools of an existing sponsor at the same time !
Old 23 Mar 2009, 09:16 (Ref:2422535)   #38
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 23 Mar 2009, 11:09 (Ref:2422604)   #39
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt View Post
To be honest, them replacing the Ford logo with that pig head is a bit juvenile. I know it's a sponsor of theirs, but the car is still a Ford. Nearly zero teams in NASCAR Sprint Cup have factory sponsorship, yet they still carry the decals of the "manufacture."

Poor form by 888, imo.
I agree. All other non Ford teams are wearing Ford badges.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 12:20 (Ref:2422668)   #40
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What a master stroke!

Never before have so many people jibbered for so long about a 2 inch wide sticker on a race car... kudos to you Hogs Breath!

Keep hamming it up everyone...
Old 23 Mar 2009, 12:24 (Ref:2422670)   #41
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
888 have always had a bit of relationship with Metro Ford as they used to go and practice race pit stops down there when the team was based at Bowen Hills, due to obvious space constraints. Metro also (used?) to be the distributor for the factory race parts in QLD... Fison Ave used to always have a corner full of very nice bits.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 21:55 (Ref:2423094)   #42
Geewizz
Racer

Geewizz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crash Test View Post
What a master stroke!

Never before have so many people jibbered for so long about a 2 inch wide sticker on a race car... kudos to you Hogs Breath!

Keep hamming it up everyone...
Couldn't agree more. It's a very clever marketing move. I actually wondered how much 888 charged Hogs Breath for the space in the grille (if anything), as in some of the shots towards the end of race 2 when Lowndes was chasing down Tander, man that pig was getting some good air time!
Then post race even Tander gave it a plug. It's all good publicity for Hogs Breath, even down to the guy in pit lane wearing the pigs hat to signal the cars into their bay for servicing....
Old 23 Mar 2009, 23:05 (Ref:2423160)   #43
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not so clever marketing; by being involved in this, Hog's Breath have ensured that I'll NEVER EVER step into one of their establishments.

I am tempted to write to their management to tell them they have lost a potential customer.

As for the rest of Roland Dane’s sponsors…
Old 23 Mar 2009, 23:08 (Ref:2423166)   #44
Matt
Veteran

United States
Connecticut
Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!Matt is going for a new lap record!
Honestly mate, one customer in the grand scheme of things, isn't a lot.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 23:17 (Ref:2423175)   #45
Chris - Melb
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Chris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChris - Melb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
and you think I am the only one that is so annoyed? !!!!

I am not the only one.
Old 23 Mar 2009, 23:20 (Ref:2423177)   #46
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geewizz View Post
Couldn't agree more. It's a very clever marketing move. I actually wondered how much 888 charged Hogs Breath for the space in the grille (if anything), as in some of the shots towards the end of race 2 when Lowndes was chasing down Tander, man that pig was getting some good air time!
Then post race even Tander gave it a plug. It's all good publicity for Hogs Breath, even down to the guy in pit lane wearing the pigs hat to signal the cars into their bay for servicing....
And the dancing pig in a Triple 888 suit in their garage over the weekend . Hogs breath sure are getting their money's worth from this.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 00:56 (Ref:2423242)   #47
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post
Not so clever marketing; by being involved in this, Hog's Breath have ensured that I'll NEVER EVER step into one of their establishments.

I am tempted to write to their management to tell them they have lost a potential customer.

Wow, you've really got your knickers in a twist over this one. What percentage of the audience do you think does not know they're Fords, whether they have a couple of badges or not.
As for Metro Ford, they would have paid for and received the signs on the pitcrew suits, nothing more, nothing less.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 01:57 (Ref:2423279)   #48
Micklegend
Veteran

Australia
Canberra
Micklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMicklegend should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Seems both Hogs and Metro got bang for their buck, if this can be seen as innovative sponsorship then great.....sign me up for a badge!!!
Old 24 Mar 2009, 03:16 (Ref:2423299)   #49
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris - Melb View Post

You are kidding aren't you, if you aren't then I pity you.

All the things wrong with the world, bikie wars, real wars, I could go on. And you have your knickers in a twist about a badge....give me a break.
Old 24 Mar 2009, 03:17 (Ref:2423300)   #50
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
mmmmmmmm............................. hog fat