Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 21 Nov 2011, 19:48 (Ref:2989746)   #26
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Ha ha he can sack me when he learns to load a video up to YouTube but dont hold your breath it will happen anytime soon. Some of us are technical some are good at counting

BTW all work super fast for now and all avatars present and correct.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 20:21 (Ref:2989757)   #27
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Ha ha he can sack me when he learns to load a video up to YouTube but dont hold your breath it will happen anytime soon.
Talking of which, Al, now that have broadband of respectable speed have managed to upload a couple of vids. That is all the problem was.

Simples!
Old 21 Nov 2011, 20:47 (Ref:2989763)   #28
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Talking of which, Al, now that have broadband of respectable speed have managed to upload a couple of vids. That is all the problem was.

Simples!
Links needed
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 21 Nov 2011, 22:47 (Ref:2989797)   #29
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Al, I reckon you have become infected during your US trip........

Al, and at your age !!!!!!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 21 Nov 2011, 23:20 (Ref:2989804)   #30
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Too much larking, not enough Larkins....
Old 21 Nov 2011, 23:32 (Ref:2989807)   #31
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Al, and at your age !!!!!!
No chance I took me own.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 23:41 (Ref:2989812)   #32
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Just got in from garage I have modified the exhaust on the black car as I had a Moroso Spirulux silencer in line largely redundant (I hope) since I fitted a large transverse silencer box. I was told by one of my american friends the Moroso robbed his mates engine of 35 to 40bhp on a back to back dyno test! I felt there should be more out of this engine although only stock bore and stroke.
Old 22 Nov 2011, 01:35 (Ref:2989840)   #33
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Al, Hope it works & your not too loud - are they checking sound @ Snett on Sat as would be a good test!

As for all your other comments
Old 22 Nov 2011, 08:29 (Ref:2989911)   #34
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clive Brown View Post
Too much larking, not enough Larkins....
I gather from reading previous Gordon S posts that the latter does have medicinal qualities......

Old 22 Nov 2011, 08:38 (Ref:2989916)   #35
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Yes thats one of the reasons I did if for this event Cliff its less painful than wasting a race entry. I think it should be OK as I am down in the 102's at the moment. Plenty louder cars than mine out there on track that I do know and I know for a fact it will pass a drive by and IMHO thats the only one they should take notice off as the only one that matters. I will fire her up tonight as soon as I get home and see how she sounds.

BTW Happy Birthday Wayne Moosehead!
Old 22 Nov 2011, 17:48 (Ref:2990088)   #36
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ta

PS - want me to take a spare silencer to Snett?
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 22 Nov 2011, 18:04 (Ref:2990094)   #37
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I am not lying down in the sodding rain changing it, I have some supertrapps I may modify them to fit incase.
Old 22 Nov 2011, 19:15 (Ref:2990128)   #38
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Just fired it up it sounds fine.
Old 22 Nov 2011, 20:21 (Ref:2990160)   #39
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Just fired it up it sounds fine.
Ah, that's what I heard.
Old 22 Nov 2011, 20:30 (Ref:2990163)   #40
SAMD
Veteran

SAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSAMD should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Ah, that's what I heard.
lol, and me!
Old 22 Nov 2011, 23:30 (Ref:2990215)   #41
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Ha ha. Put the passengers seat and spare 6 point harness in tonight, changed the fuel regulator for a Malpassi Filter King and more or less ready to go, lot of work/expense I hope someone wants to pay for a ride after all this and can get some money for the charity, it would probally have been better for them if I just lobbed in what its gonna cost me and stayed at home!.
Old 23 Nov 2011, 10:12 (Ref:2990375)   #42
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Good on you Al.
Old 23 Nov 2011, 10:22 (Ref:2990382)   #43
MartinSmith
Subscriber
Veteran

England
Essex
MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!MartinSmith has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Congratulations to Kev and Ben!

Likewise WELL DONE BOTH
Old 23 Nov 2011, 15:43 (Ref:2990486)   #44
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well chuffed today - booked trip to the Le Mans Classic for me and my son next year. Camping on-site with the MG Owners - only thing I have to do now is get the 'B' re-sprayed and figure out how to put all the bits back together in time! Simple.
Old 23 Nov 2011, 17:06 (Ref:2990521)   #45
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Oh no what the 'ell have I done now, I saw this IROC Camaro race car on ebay and found myself bidding on it and I have won the thing!!!
Attached Thumbnails
toy car.jpg  
Old 23 Nov 2011, 17:59 (Ref:2990536)   #46
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I helped Compte on Sunday with the FJ auction.Point being there was a job lot of eight Corgy model cars in their unopened boxes.The lot went for £30.00. Good buy I thought.
Old 23 Nov 2011, 18:03 (Ref:2990539)   #47
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
At least it's a toy, Al, isn't it....
Old 23 Nov 2011, 18:05 (Ref:2990540)   #48
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Just checked my e mails and YAHOO!!! me 2012 race licence is in the post
Old 23 Nov 2011, 18:43 (Ref:2990561)   #49
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Oh no what the 'ell have I done now, I saw this IROC Camaro race car on ebay and found myself bidding on it and I have won the thing!!!
You're going to have to go on a diet Al
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 23 Nov 2011, 21:05 (Ref:2990621)   #50
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Just checked my e mails and YAHOO!!! me 2012 race licence is in the post
How can it be they are not open for new business till 1st December, I tried already.

Yeah its a toy clive £2.99 and its a reasonable reproduction of the IROC racer I am attempting to renovate, where on earth would you find one of those if you wanted it, I had to buy it! Its a reasonable reproduction as well with the correct front spoiler, flairs and decals.