Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 2 Jul 2016, 16:49 (Ref:3656282)   #26
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Thanks Will. Had few dramas first thing when putting car back together. Main prob was nasty brake pull, but swapped few things around, cleaned disc and crossed fingers! Worked. As for result, those pesky Welch Healeys are well quick, (especially when Jeremy is driving 2 of them ), so only hope of a class podium is when one or other has problems!

In circumstances well pleased with P6, plus we got the 'Driver of the Day' trophies. Well deserved for Simon, with his better half in hospital undergoing surgery while everything else happening as well.....

Gordon, only positive about hitting the Trevor in Clearways was that I could dive straight into the pit lane. Anywhere else and I would have struggled to get our car back to pits!
Old 2 Jul 2016, 20:10 (Ref:3656318)   #27
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Gordon, only positive about hitting the Trevor in Clearways was that I could dive straight into the pit lane. Anywhere else and I would have struggled to get our car back to pits!
That's not really a good reason to hit another car ! you've obviously been watching too many touring car races !
If I can see the transmitter tower at the top of Wrotham hill tomorrow morning from my garden then I'll come up as that's my weather guide
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 2 Jul 2016, 21:27 (Ref:3656347)   #28
piekey
Rookie

piekey should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
If you enter through main entrance, as you drive past shops on right going towards normal paddock, there are car parks way over to left. Before Pentagon..... We're in one of them!
"The Pentagon" where on earth are you ?
Old 3 Jul 2016, 05:26 (Ref:3656400)   #29
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by piekey View Post
"The Pentagon" where on earth are you ?
KENTAGON, then. What's in a single letter.......
Old 3 Jul 2016, 07:58 (Ref:3656424)   #30
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Am leaving at about 11 for Brands, anyone need anything in the way of spares or tools I may be able to help with ! .
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 3 Jul 2016, 22:19 (Ref:3656781)   #31
The SpeCTator
Veteran

United Kingdom
South East - England
The SpeCTator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What a great weekend. The best Superprix I have been to, and I have been to a few!
Well done to all, particularly liked the pre race assembly area in the paddock. Easy to get close for each and every race.

Disappointing small crowd, maybe time to invite the motor clubs with special deals?

DID ANYONE LOOSE A WHEEL IN THE PADDOCK?

As a race team left the paddock for their homeward journey, a wheel/tyre became detached and rolled down the paddock hill until successfully being captured by Stuart on the tunnel!

The wheel was of "Minilite" design with a Dunlop racing tyre.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 05:55 (Ref:3656820)   #32
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
My good run of motor racing came to an end yesterday . I was driving the Penfold FF2000 car and throttle cable broke . Great shame as Mick Penfold widow Suzzane came all the way from Cornwall to see the car in action . We had busy couple of days Friday and Saturday with 6 juniors . Compte making his first outing this year in the newly rebuilt Britannia . Colin lost a fan belt in his race , Duncan had same problem as Peter at Spa with broken points . James let me have a go in his Gemini which was great fun and I had a P7 with that "thanks James ". Good race in rear engine junior with a P15 . Thought more spectators were there on Sunday but well down on attendance against past years . Our old friend Eddy V turned up for a cuppa which was great as not seen him for a couple of years . Good to see and chat to many other tenthers . Le Mans here we come quietly very excited 😀
Old 4 Jul 2016, 10:25 (Ref:3656851)   #33
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Terrific meeting I thought and very well admin-ed by Brands & HSCC. I agree about the assembly area, very good for spectators and teams alike although a bit of a sprint to the pit wall for mechanics after cars leave!

The Gemini is better than at Silverstone but obviously still down on power compared to many others. The handling & brakes are a dream though, which helps to compensate. Very disappointed to retire when the fan belt went, although I was swamped on the start I got back amongst them and it was shaping up to be a great race. Hope engine not cooked.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 11:46 (Ref:3656869)   #34
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Good to hear, haven't seen him for several years!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Our old friend Eddy V turned up for a cuppa which was great as not seen him for a couple of years . Good to see and chat to many other tenthers . Le Mans here we come quietly very excited ��
Old 4 Jul 2016, 19:11 (Ref:3656966)   #35
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great weekend's racing, the Juniors were very entertaining on Saturday along with the earth shaking monsters and the beautiful sportscars of the 70's in the pre 80's endurance race, such a pity that the great sounding Abarth/Osella expired mid race. Anyone who departed early on Sunday would have missed probably the best race of the weekend with a fantastic recovery drive by Wainwright in the historic FFords.
As to the spectator attendance, I've been harping on about this years; it's quite peculiar that the Silverstone classic which by all accounts is very much grander in scale nevertheless costs the average spectator vastly more in entrance fees and other inflated charges than the annual historic meeting at Brands, the racing is very bit as good and if you are camping like me over the weekend it's absolutely free.
Old 4 Jul 2016, 20:51 (Ref:3656979)   #36
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Well I did say that if I was coming up yesterday that I would bring the sun !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 5 Jul 2016, 11:30 (Ref:3657056)   #37
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I had good run in the G4 in the HRS. The weather was lovely, nothing like the last time I was out at Silverstone where I ended up with about 2cm of water swilling around both foot wells.
It was my first time out in the G4 on the GP circuit - I have driven the circuit numerous times, but only in my Lenham (which is for sale!). So, with over 30hp more and around 200kg less, this was going to be fun. I qualified well, ending up 2nd (26 cars in all) to John Davison in his Elan S3 with a time of 1:48.431. My start was truly, truly terrible - I started to creep forward as they held the lights for a long time. I came off the gas to stop creeping forward, JUST as the lights went out - great timing. I was swamped and ended up around 9th going into Paddock Hill. How everyone missed me, I don't know, but it is a testament to the skill of my fellow HRS drivers that they did. I made a sneaky move at Druids, taking a tight line and getting by 4 or 5 cars in the process and from then on in it was pedal to the metal to gain some places. Ended up 3rd behind John Davison (1st) and Peter Shaw (2nd in his Elan). My first podium finish ever - get in!!
Old 5 Jul 2016, 15:10 (Ref:3657084)   #38
apriliadriver
Racer

United Kingdom
Ruislip, Middx
apriliadriver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Congratulations to Ian on his first top-three finish and I am sure, more to come.

Just to add to his report on his move at Druids ... as he says we all passed him on the way into Paddock bend, weeping tears of commiseration and laughter, and proceeding in a disorderly fashion up to Druids ... when into the middle of this melee comes the Ginetta G4 all four wheels locked and billowing smoke, two wheels on the grass inside.

What a corker !! we all scattered like partridges on Aug 12th, Ian had his second set of phenomenal avoidances and the race was only one mile old.

All this excitement sets the old ticker off and I had a great race being harried by a cheeky Turner, happily finishing ahead in the Chev Camaro.

A terrific race day well-organised by HSCC on a wonderful circuit, and set off perfectly by a lone Supermarine Spitfire doing a transit over the Paddock mid-afternoon.
Nick
Old 5 Jul 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3657108)   #39
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some photos from Saturday - including Delta in the FJ races

Old 5 Jul 2016, 17:28 (Ref:3657111)   #40
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
You were a long way from home young Percy.

Nice pictures.
Old 5 Jul 2016, 19:38 (Ref:3657137)   #41
percy
Racer

percy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
You were a long way from home young Percy.

Nice pictures.
I had my passport stamped and then had my feet washed as I headed back home
Old 5 Jul 2016, 19:50 (Ref:3657145)   #42
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Thank you Percy . Wish you had popped by Delta H Q . May be at the Classic
Old 5 Jul 2016, 21:02 (Ref:3657158)   #43
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Thank you Percy . Wish you had popped by Delta H Q . May be at the Classic
Iain, take it from one who knows ... be careful what you wish for.
Old 6 Jul 2016, 05:00 (Ref:3657197)   #44
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Yes, thanks for the pics Percy. Can't see my 'expert' panel beating work on the Morgan though! I had to wait until the owner was looking the other way before wielding the wire wheel mallet, but it worked.... Strangely therapeutic, working aluminium. I was disappointed when red tank tape was applied to the bare aluminium corner- I thought it looked OK!

Post race inspection revealed that the SLR front cross frame was buckled in the accident and we were also racing with a damaged stub axle. So P6 wasn't a bad result in the circumstances! Was also pleased that the TVR I hit (when his rear upright broke) also was sorted for the race.

BTW a rare little car behind the black Cobra in first pic- GSM Delta.
Old 6 Jul 2016, 07:10 (Ref:3657203)   #45
BG76
Rookie

England
Cambridgeshire
BG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thoroughly enjoyed this meeting, so many wonderful cars in action! A great way to spend 3 days, although my ears are still ringing from those Pre 80s Endurance and Formula 2 cars, they sounded awesome!

Here are a few photos of the single seaters from the weekend, closed wheels to follow later...

https://flic.kr/s/aHskCLWPAM

Thanks for looking!
Old 6 Jul 2016, 08:07 (Ref:3657212)   #46
Alan Morgan
Veteran

Alan Morgan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some superb pictures there!
Old 6 Jul 2016, 15:07 (Ref:3657279)   #47
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Morgan View Post
Some superb pictures there!
Agreed, really good pictures, can't wait to see the second batch to see if you got any good pictures of the Abarth Osella from the pre 80's endurance race - my favourite car of the weekend even if it did expire early. That car of Manfredo Rossi just looks and sounds incredible
Old 6 Jul 2016, 17:18 (Ref:3657300)   #48
BG76
Rookie

England
Cambridgeshire
BG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBG76 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks for your kind comments, glad you like our photos!

Here is our closed wheel album, hope you like them too!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskzviok6
Old 6 Jul 2016, 17:48 (Ref:3657308)   #49
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Anyone who departed early on Sunday would have missed probably the best race of the weekend with a fantastic recovery drive by Wainwright in the historic FFords.
Agreed, a spectacular drive from back of the grid to P5 is a real Formula Ford result.

A bit earlier in the day, Rob put in a super performance in DBT race 2 driving my Crossle 18F Atlantic car to 8th overall and 1st in Class A. Great first outing for the car since last raced in 2008, and now in very capable hands.
Old 7 Jul 2016, 05:28 (Ref:3657432)   #50
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BG76 View Post
Thanks for your kind comments, glad you like our photos!

Here is our closed wheel album, hope you like them too!

https://flic.kr/s/aHskzviok6
Yes, very much liked- thank you!