Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 2 Dec 2000, 13:04 (Ref:50797)   #1
RickP:Clio51
Veteran

England
Zurich
RickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRickP:Clio51 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

See the press release I posted on the F1 forum.
Deal done between Otagon and BRDC to rent Silverstone to host the GP for the next 15 years.
I guess this will stop them tearing up the Brands GP track but I can't pretend it makes me happy.
RickP
Old 2 Dec 2000, 13:15 (Ref:50800)   #2
TimD
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire Peak District, United Kingdom
TimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTimD should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If it saves Brands, then you won't catch me complaining.

I mean, Brands was good enough for F1 in 1985, so they can jolly well adapt and adjust to fit in to what's already there. The Historic GP boys and girls seem to manage okay.

But I forgot. They need an area the size of Berkshire to fit Bernie's TV caravans in nowadays. Better keep them in Silverstone and let the real racers carry on as before at the Hatch.
Old 2 Dec 2000, 13:26 (Ref:50803)   #3
WoodyTJ
Veteran

WoodyTJ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Fantastic News!!!!

Silverstone is the best circuit in England, with a bit of development it could be even better. I have already booked my ticket for next year, looks like it could be for the next 15 years now he he
Old 2 Dec 2000, 14:02 (Ref:50813)   #4
cool_runnings8
Racer

cool_runnings8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree with Wooody, Silverstone is loads better than Brands and just about all of the other circuits in the country. Still, would have been convenient for me if the Donington thing had happened!
Old 2 Dec 2000, 14:11 (Ref:50815)   #5
Carrie
Veteran

Carrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCarrie should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by WoodyTJ
Silverstone is the best circuit in England
In terms of facilities, yes, it is, but as an exciting racetrack, no way. Now what we really need is another European GP at Donington - then you might get me to a GP again.

Old 3 Dec 2000, 13:37 (Ref:50907)   #6
Craig
Race Official
Veteran

Denmark
Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!Craig has a real shot at the championship!
Bugger! I was hoping and praying it'd go to Donington... Silverstone is such a poxy place for spectating...

One good thing though, I guess, at least this means that they won't have to sanitise any further circuits for Bernie - and HOPEFULLY we'll be able to visit Dingle Dell for years to come

Interestingly I get the idea that Octagon (BHLG/BMP) are actually leasing the circuit full time for the next 15 years - not just for the GP weekend... look like they got their wish to take over British Motorsport after all...
Old 6 Dec 2000, 00:35 (Ref:51285)   #7
Lorna
Veteran

Lorna should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well, it's only up the road from me and.. with a little more contemplating, I just might go to it next year.