Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 12 Jan 2004, 16:45 (Ref:835587)   #1
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
New Sauber C23

In little under an hours time the launch of the 2004 Sauber will get underway - the C23.

As you may know, you can watch the launch as it happens on the sauber petronas website, right here in fact:

http://81.223.46.132/en/frame.html

I can't say I'm expecting much different from the norm, this is Sauber after all. Then again, I said that before the Walrus was unveiled last Monday, so...........

Remember, 17:30 GMT folks!
Old 12 Jan 2004, 16:51 (Ref:835595)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It'd be funny if they abandoned the twin keel...
Old 12 Jan 2004, 16:59 (Ref:835606)   #3
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I was just thinking that on the bus home from work actually!

Hey, don't rule it out!

You just get the feeling though that it will be basically the same concept as the last few years.....let's hope the windtunnel they've been using has been correctly calibrated this time out!!!
Old 12 Jan 2004, 17:00 (Ref:835608)   #4
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh, the Sugababes! They must be serious about winning the WCC!
Old 12 Jan 2004, 17:08 (Ref:835618)   #5
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard it's abandoned for the single keel, to strengten th chassis.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 17:20 (Ref:835635)   #6
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
You just get the feeling though that it will be basically the same concept as the last few years.....let's hope the windtunnel they've been using has been correctly calibrated this time out!!!
According to Peter Sauber the windtunnel was brought online to late to effect the C23's design. It should help in it's development throughout the season however.
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 12 Jan 2004, 17:21 (Ref:835636)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Maybe they will go single-keel to mirror Ferrari closer for tyre data?

Unless Ferrari have, as rumoured, gone double-keel themselves......
Old 12 Jan 2004, 17:34 (Ref:835653)   #8
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

We're away now. The presenter is really full of enthusiasm....
Old 12 Jan 2004, 17:41 (Ref:835665)   #9
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

So Johnny thinks he finished behind Villeneuve and COULTHARD at Hungary 1997 eh? Hmmm.......
Old 12 Jan 2004, 17:43 (Ref:835667)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good god, even a presentation of a new car from Sauber is boring...
Old 12 Jan 2004, 17:49 (Ref:835676)   #11
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Can't get it...
Old 12 Jan 2004, 17:50 (Ref:835677)   #12
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

And my link to the launch has been cut off.....
Old 12 Jan 2004, 17:50 (Ref:835678)   #13
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It's back! Fisi's in a plane!
Old 12 Jan 2004, 18:05 (Ref:835696)   #14
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sugababes woke me up!
Old 12 Jan 2004, 18:06 (Ref:835700)   #15
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Does anyone get the feeling that launches are slightly stupid these days?

So far I've seen:

*irrelevant videos of aeroplanes
*some walking blue tubes
*a Sauber pitcrew dancing around hilariously
*the sugababes

Just show us the car!
Old 12 Jan 2004, 18:07 (Ref:835701)   #16
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Update!!!

There is a formula one car there somewhere on the stage!
Old 12 Jan 2004, 18:07 (Ref:835702)   #17
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It's F2003 GA in blue paint!!!
Old 12 Jan 2004, 18:14 (Ref:835710)   #18
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not seen it close. I like what they did with the web-launch. Although I didn't see it all. Did I miss the bit where they described the car?

I like how the web-cast is still on even though everyone has left. Just background noise. It is like being there!

Highlight show coming up...

Last edited by Adam43; 12 Jan 2004 at 18:15.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 18:14 (Ref:835711)   #19
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Cheers for the link It's a cool looking car. I like Fisco's new helmet.

Could have done without the girl band though
Old 12 Jan 2004, 18:16 (Ref:835712)   #20
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

No problem!

It does look very nice indeed and it 'looks' quick.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 18:16 (Ref:835713)   #21
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I liked the band - let them race next year. Car looks alot better than last year.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 18:17 (Ref:835714)   #22
mansellmania
Racer

mansellmania should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by knowlesy
It's F2003 GA in blue paint!!!

never knew it looked so good in blue
The bargeboards indeed looking very similar to marranellos finest.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 18:17 (Ref:835715)   #23
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gosh...after the super sleek Mclaren and the bold Williams.., the new Sauber looks...dull!

It is obvious that the design of the car is influenced by Ferrari F2003GA. The sidepod looks like it's just a Ferrari part painted blue, and the whole car looks like it's just modified to suit 2004 rules.

Hopefully, it performs... there's nothing much to be excited and Fisi doesn't look too happy does he? Still, cool helmet from Fisi.
Old 12 Jan 2004, 18:17 (Ref:835716)   #24
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I just can't get excited about a line up of Fisichella and Massa.

Like the Sauber team itself they just say "average".
Old 12 Jan 2004, 18:31 (Ref:835738)   #25
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

It's not terribly exciting I must admit......