Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 22 Sep 2017, 21:08 (Ref:3769349)   #101
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well no, think they figured Louisianans don't have glass so vinyl stickers wouldn't work. And you can't really get it to stick to a gator or your fan boat, can you?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
Old 23 Sep 2017, 02:06 (Ref:3769373)   #102
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by broadrun96 View Post
Well no, think they figured Louisianans don't have glass so vinyl stickers wouldn't work. And you can't really get it to stick to a gator or your fan boat, can you?

Sent from my SM-G955U1 using Tapatalk
You can put all sorts of stickers on airboats!

In other news, we gonna burn stuff this year? And by that I mean a campfire of course.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 07:19 (Ref:3769387)   #103
btracing82
Rookie

btracing82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well just got my tickets in the mail and looking forward to it but getting out of my walking boot the 29th. Race weekend will be a adventure last year was my first year at road Atlanta and I second the recommendation of the shuttle I hated doing it but it is the best way to get around and with my issue shuttle it is the only way and as for parking that last year we actually parked just past spectator hill between 5 and 8 its a good drive in and we got there early but we never had issues with parking there and its a short walk to spectator hill that would require the shuttle though (when it comes to midway or paddock) that valley and hill is a pain. P.S. Road Atlanta turn 4 regulars I parked in that spot y'all where talking about my first day at the track last year and I'm pretty sure I walked straight threw y'alls camp ground to trackside to get a idea of where I was at
Old 23 Sep 2017, 12:13 (Ref:3769413)   #104
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
If there was a large angry looking bearded guy chewing on a cigar and a large blue truck, it's entirely possible.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 12:34 (Ref:3769415)   #105
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by btracing82 View Post
Well just got my tickets in the mail and looking forward to it but getting out of my walking boot the 29th. Race weekend will be a adventure last year was my first year at road Atlanta and I second the recommendation of the shuttle I hated doing it but it is the best way to get around and with my issue shuttle it is the only way and as for parking that last year we actually parked just past spectator hill between 5 and 8 its a good drive in and we got there early but we never had issues with parking there and its a short walk to spectator hill that would require the shuttle though (when it comes to midway or paddock) that valley and hill is a pain. P.S. Road Atlanta turn 4 regulars I parked in that spot y'all where talking about my first day at the track last year and I'm pretty sure I walked straight threw y'alls camp ground to trackside to get a idea of where I was at
Everyone walks through our camp at some point. Kinda happens.

Good luck with the leg / ankle / foot. I recall the days when we used to be able to get a truck out and drive places....
Old 23 Sep 2017, 13:53 (Ref:3769424)   #106
btracing82
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
Everyone walks through our camp at some point. Kinda happens.

Good luck with the leg / ankle / foot. I recall the days when we used to be able to get a truck out and drive places....
Thank you its my foot broke 6 bones in it I had been having issues with it and actually got a stress fracture at sebring and walked it off and then the 4th of july beach trip found a hole and it was history. As for driving around that was before my time unfortunately I'm 29 turning 30 next month but my dad owned a grand national car in the mid 80's before I was born (he still followed it) so I was kinda raised around circle tracks and started racing myself and then my dad passed away and was struggling and fed up with the politics, money and cheating and started getting into sports car racing around the merger and been hooked since. As a matter of fact I ran a legend car at Lanier a half dozen times before it closed.

Last edited by btracing82; 23 Sep 2017 at 14:02.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 14:01 (Ref:3769426)   #107
btracing82
Rookie

Quote:
If there was a large angry looking bearded guy chewing on a cigar and a large blue truck, it's entirely possible.
nah didn't see that It was probably around 8 on Thursday morning and I didn't like walking threw peoples area and if saw that I would have walked the other way
Old 23 Sep 2017, 14:59 (Ref:3769428)   #108
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
nah didn't see that It was probably around 8 on Thursday morning and I didn't like walking threw peoples area and if saw that I would have walked the other way
At 8 wandering around looking lost might have gotten you coffee and free smells of baking breakfast. Sadly always up with the sun when camping but it does mean the rest of them wake to something baking or smelling good.

And it's just a facade. But at 6'7 and 300 even a smile can look mean.
Old 23 Sep 2017, 16:12 (Ref:3769437)   #109
btracing82
Rookie

Quote:
At 8 wandering around looking lost might have gotten you coffee and free smells of baking breakfast. Sadly always up with the sun when camping but it does mean the rest of them wake to something baking or smelling good.

And it's just a facade. But at 6'7 and 300 even a smile can look mean.
Good lord you are big you tower over me (5'8) and I'm pretty sure I would have noticed you Thursday morning was my first time there and parked in that lot and cut up threw the camping area walking thinking I could walk the fence to spectator hill and that didn't work so back to the car and tried the parking cut out on the other side and walked all the way up there to find out there was parking there.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 14:27 (Ref:3769592)   #110
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
No matter where you park you'll have to try and stop by and say hello. Andrew described himself so you'll know you're in the right place if you see a giant. The rest of us will probably just look hungover.
Old 24 Sep 2017, 20:59 (Ref:3769630)   #111
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
No matter where you park you'll have to try and stop by and say hello. Andrew described himself so you'll know you're in the right place if you see a giant. The rest of us will probably just look hungover.
Or drunk...
Old 24 Sep 2017, 23:56 (Ref:3769655)   #112
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
Have you been to RATL yet? If not, me thinks you'll be riding the bus on day 2.
I haven't, but I've walked plenty of tracks just as steep as RATL speaking of which, I've just got back from Spa- walking up Eau Rouge and along the Kemmel straight takes the same amount of energy as a whole lap of Silverstone or Sebring
Old 25 Sep 2017, 01:40 (Ref:3769676)   #113
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
My 1 year old gave my phone a bath tonight. It mostly still works, but no audio, and I can't hear people if they call on the phone.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 12:01 (Ref:3769729)   #114
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
My 1 year old gave my phone a bath tonight. It mostly still works, but no audio, and I can't hear people if they call on the phone.
Has he seen what you've looked at on the phone and decided it needs to be cleaned of sin?
Old 25 Sep 2017, 12:22 (Ref:3769734)   #115
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Has he seen what you've looked at on the phone and decided it needs to be cleaned of sin?
Lol, maybe so! But turns out sounds came back after a restart.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 13:33 (Ref:3769739)   #116
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
I haven't, but I've walked plenty of tracks just as steep as RATL speaking of which, I've just got back from Spa- walking up Eau Rouge and along the Kemmel straight takes the same amount of energy as a whole lap of Silverstone or Sebring
Okay well, good luck. I'll wave to you from the bus!
Old 25 Sep 2017, 13:33 (Ref:3769740)   #117
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I look like the white guy emoji.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 13:58 (Ref:3769744)   #118
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
So we're starting to get into that forecast range...since Irma, we've not had a drop of stuff (in Athens). Keeping in mind our pattern this summer, this is looking a bit worrisome:

https://www.wunderground.com/forecas...raselton/30517
Old 25 Sep 2017, 14:02 (Ref:3769747)   #119
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
So we're starting to get into that forecast range...since Irma, we've not had a drop of stuff (in Athens). Keeping in mind our pattern this summer, this is looking a bit worrisome:

https://www.wunderground.com/forecas...raselton/30517
It's a glitch...
Old 25 Sep 2017, 14:30 (Ref:3769753)   #120
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This looks a little less ominous:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USGA0069:1:US
Old 25 Sep 2017, 19:17 (Ref:3769795)   #121
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
This looks a little less ominous:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USGA0069:1:US
What's bad is it looked like that yesterday, 40-60% chance this morning and back again. Think the dart throwing monkey has been drinking so the forecast chances will vary.
Old 25 Sep 2017, 20:38 (Ref:3769811)   #122
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
What's bad is it looked like that yesterday, 40-60% chance this morning and back again. Think the dart throwing monkey has been drinking so the forecast chances will vary.
Well we can survive either way. It just might change how much Field walks around

And i forget who brought the shovel last time in case i need to make a canal and levee system again?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HhWOlRrRMbNlZRyC3
Old 25 Sep 2017, 22:43 (Ref:3769830)   #123
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Please, no rain. Then I would probably be using the bus
Old 26 Sep 2017, 01:10 (Ref:3769844)   #124
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Well we can survive either way. It just might change how much Field walks around

And i forget who brought the shovel last time in case i need to make a canal and levee system again?

https://photos.app.goo.gl/HhWOlRrRMbNlZRyC3
That was my crap, free shovel.

And your sea level ass just led. You had some help. Constant maintenance....

Last edited by fieldodreams79; 26 Sep 2017 at 01:19.
Old 26 Sep 2017, 01:38 (Ref:3769846)   #125
JHamilton
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
What year was that? Make sure you bring the shovel with no tip.