Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 11 Aug 2013, 21:26 (Ref:3288532)   #1
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Help with Classic Mustang Parts supplier

Hello.

I'm usually not much around these parts of the forum (mostly sticking to Sportscars), but I have a good colleague who drives a pre 1971 Mustang 2 HT. A project he has just started, with troubles.
He has raced two races, and both times retired with engine trouble.
Both times it has been because of poor quality parts.

Therefor, he is now looking for good and proven parts, so he can get the car going for next year. My first thought was off course the Glorious Ten-Tenths community

Does anyone know of a good supplier of Mustang parts?, preferable within the European Union.

I apprechiate all replies, Thank you.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 03:52 (Ref:3288640)   #2
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Depends what parts you are looking for. What category does the car race in? This second question is important because different modifications are allowed in different categories. However I'm sure Moosehead will be able to assist. I think his Mustang is a 1971 car.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 06:56 (Ref:3288664)   #3
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Depends what parts you are looking for. What category does the car race in? This second question is important because different modifications are allowed in different categories. However I'm sure Moosehead will be able to assist. I think his Mustang is a 1971 car.
The class is called '71, over 1300cc.
So it's for historic race cars up to '71, with engines bigger than 1300cc.
So far as I know the parts are allowed to be new, but may not me technology that wasn't available to the car (stock or as a racer).
Old 12 Aug 2013, 06:58 (Ref:3288665)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Moose,s car is a 64 Pete the 71 shape is like the gorgeous Boss 302. Real Steel are very good for engine parts, Bob Harman at Watford is also very good and owns a 71 I believe.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 07:01 (Ref:3288668)   #5
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Moose,s car is a 64 Pete the 71 shape is like the gorgeous Boss 302. Real Steel are very good for engine parts, Bob Harman at Watford is also very good and owns a 71 I believe.
Links?
Old 12 Aug 2013, 17:05 (Ref:3288886)   #6
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Depends what parts have failed?? To be honest I have not come across any really poor quality parts as such, failure is possibly more likely to be poor matching of parts, faulty assembly of 'missuse'. However, that is not to say there are rubbish parts out there but generally if you buy good brand names you should not have too many problems.

As to actual parts suppliers, yep Real Steel in the UK but they can be 'difficult' to deal with some times. More closer to home, try Jan Shippers at http://www.js-cars.nl/index.html

Feel free to PM me with details if you want to have a more in depth conversation.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 12 Aug 2013, 17:12 (Ref:3288888)   #7
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
Thank you!
I will talk with my colleague about it .
Hopefully he might join us.
Old 12 Aug 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3288917)   #8
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Didnt realise you were not in UK in which case I would import direct from the US as I often do, JEGS are a very good company and helped me out with a full refund when I ordered incorrectly once, Summit Racing have massive stocks and are OK but they did mess an order up of mine once and gave me two of everything and then didnt want to know but generally apart from that OK.