11Minardi

Do You Agreed too.
Old 31 May 2000, 08:06 (Ref:1874)   #2
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
NO , No I dont
Old 31 May 2000, 13:59 (Ref:1875)   #3
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
An interesting line-up, Farc. I would love to see Villeneuve returning to a competitive car. BTW, do you have a prediction for the final driver standings this year?
Old 31 May 2000, 14:40 (Ref:1876)   #4
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

jvilleneuve2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
"toyota Herbert/Wurz"
Toyota arn't even going to be in f1 in 2001!!!!!!
If they were why would they have two of F1 worst drivers??. Johnny Herbert has already said that if he dosent improve this year then it will be his last. Wurz will end up at a team like Sauber.
When Toyota do come into f1 in 2002 there driver line up is likley to include Allan Mcnish, and a japanese driver or a current f1 driver.
Old 31 May 2000, 15:41 (Ref:1877)   #5
KC
Veteran

United States
Tulsa, Oklahoma, USA
KC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKC should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think the switch of Coulthard for Villeneuve at BAR and McLaren is most likely not going to happen. Mercedes are said to be keen on keeping Coulthard and I would be very surprisd to see Hakkinen ever reduced to #2 status at McLaren.
Old 31 May 2000, 17:29 (Ref:1878)   #6
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the most interesting seat to watch will be Johnny's Jaguar position. I believe that the new occupant will be one of the following:

<UL TYPE=SQUARE>
<LI> Villeneuve (favourite, unless he goes to McLaren. In which case it'll be Coulthard)
<LI> Coulthard (unlikely, but he'lll be returning home to Stewart)
<LI> One of Montoya, Button or Ralfybabyk (too many top-line drivers at Williams)
<LI> Frentzen (rumoured last year, but thought unlikely until this year's Jordan disaster)
</UL>
Old 1 Jun 2000, 00:00 (Ref:1879)   #7
Farc
Rookie

Farc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Toyota : Herbert /Wurz
I pick this 2 cause toyota need one of them for his experience and I think 2001 toyota is in and in michelin tyres, May I don't are Right to all of this but I want to Know wat are Yours Preditions for the Silly season,
And thinking Better Jenson B. will be in Williams next year to and Juan will be in Toyota.
Old 1 Jun 2000, 02:27 (Ref:1880)   #8
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I put mine on the "Villeneuve to Williams?" thread and forgot what they are.

But I'd like to see Villeneuve swapped for Button Spice and then maybe swap seats with Johnny at Jaguar. And of course I want Rubens at McLaren and Trulli at Ferrari.

Or Trulli can come to my house.
Old 1 Jun 2000, 05:23 (Ref:1881)   #9
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
What if Cubehead beats TGF this year for the WDC? Will Ron let him go then? Surely he wouldn't do a Frank to the world champ??
Old 1 Jun 2000, 09:23 (Ref:1882)   #10
jvilleneuve2000
Racer

jvilleneuve2000 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Farc, were you listining the first time?
"I think 2001 toyota is in and in michelin tyres"
TOYOTA AR NOT IN F1 UNTILL 2002, THEY HAVE BROUGHT THE 12 PLACE ON THE GRID. BUT THEY HAVE ALREADY AGREED TO PAY THE FINE FOR NOT RACING.
Old 3 Jun 2000, 20:12 (Ref:1883)   #11
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

okay, here's one. Trulli goes to Ferrari and the tifosi forget about that schumacher fella. Then Honda throw their weight behind Jordan, and bring JV along. Then Frentzen gets out-paced and out-raced again.
Wishful Thinking?
YES!
Old 3 Jun 2000, 20:20 (Ref:1884)   #12
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Except for the diss of Frenzy, I like it.

EJ and Jacques would make a heck of a team, off the track as well as on it.

Since Jacques has said that Uncle Rono would make him dress like a grownup and he refuses to do that, I'd say the "Jacques to McLaren" rumour is yesterday's fishwrap.
Old 6 Jun 2000, 17:28 (Ref:15857)   #13
Minardi fan
Veteran

England
Llamaville, Kent
Minardi fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren: DC/Panis
Ferrari: TGF/Barrichello
Jordan: HHF/Trulli
Jaguar: Irvine/Hakkinen
Williams: Ralf/Montoya
BAR: JV/Zonta
Sauber: Salo/Button
Benetton: Fisi/Diniz
Minardi: Gene/Alonso
Arrows: DLR/Verstappen
Prost: Alesi/Heidfeld

ALESI SHOULD BE IN A MCLAREN DAMMNIT!
Old 7 Jun 2000, 01:25 (Ref:15981)   #14
Liz
Veteran

Just once I'd like to see Alesi toe to toe with Uncle Ron. Just once, please God, that's all I ask.

No, I'm afraid that's a lost cause. But you're right, it would have been wonderful.
Old 7 Jun 2000, 02:08 (Ref:15996)   #15
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Okay, lets say Mika moves on, either retiring or going to Jag at lauda's suggestion. Alesi at McLaren makes loads of sense-consider it a trade of engines for driver. Prost gets Mercs, keeps Heidfeld and takes ....Bernd Schnieder!

Could we start a "Ron, sign Jean" campaign?
Old 7 Jun 2000, 08:46 (Ref:16030)   #16
MichaelC
Veteran

MichaelC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
From what I understand (I'm too young to remember) Schnieder was fairy poor last time he was in F1.

Can someone with a little more experience of life that me say if it was because of the car or not. I assume it wasn't down to a lack of talent, as he appears to do OK in most other GT, DTM etc races
Old 7 Jun 2000, 14:24 (Ref:16077)   #17
R
Veteran

R should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridR should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by Minardi fan
McLaren: DC/Panis
I like that line-up. Panis was third in the championship when he broke his leg in Canada in 97, and he won in Monaco the year before. He deserves another chance in F1.
Old 7 Jun 2000, 19:04 (Ref:16150)   #18
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
MichaelC, I posed Schnieder as a joke-sort of. I have great respect for his talent and think that given a real chance in F1, he could have shone. Given his continued relationship with Mercedes, It would be a possibility for Mercedes to get him a ride at Mclaren if they really wanted to. However, I fear time and his age will preclude that event.

If my memory serves me correctly, he drove a Zakspeed in F1-a disaster of a GP program(despite "West" sponsorship) and never had a chance.

On a more serious note, I'm all for Panis at McLaren in 2001, for all the reasons quoted by R.
Old 7 Jun 2000, 22:43 (Ref:16200)   #19
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernd Schneider

MichaelC, Bernd Schneider's poor results in Formula 1 were due to poor cars and had nothing to do with his talent.
He started in single seater racing in Formula Ford 1600 and Formula Ford 2000.
He then moved to German Formula 3 where he finished equal third in his first year in 1986.
In 1988 he won 7 of the 8 rounds and became German Formula 3 champion.
Many people who watched him thought here was a German with a big future.
He joined West Zakspeed Racing in 1988 only to find out the car was not competitive.
He did not qualify the car 10 times, retired 5 times and once finished in 12th place.
In 1989 it was even worse, he did not pre-qualify 14 times, only drove the Brazilian and Japanese GP's in which he retired.
In 1990 he drove two races for Footwork Arrows Racing, he finished 12th in the US Phoenix GP and retired at the Spanish GP.
Then he returned to touring cars.
The rest is history.
Old 7 Jun 2000, 22:56 (Ref:16204)   #20
Gerard
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Gerard should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Latest news on driver line-up

Jenson Button has been linked with Jordan for 2001.

Jenson Button's contract with the Williams team is under no threat, even in the case where the Williams team might sign on the services of Juan Pablo Montoya for the 2001 season. It was reported earlier that in such a scenario, Button will be on loan to another F1 team for the upcoming season.

Speculations are that Heinz-Harald Frentzen will be moving to Jaguar Racing to partner Eddie Irvine for 2001 with Jenson Button replacing Frentzen at the Jordan team for next season.

According to Frank Williams, they are expecting a definite decision on their driver line up for next season by the end of June.
Old 7 Jun 2000, 23:10 (Ref:16207)   #21
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Okay, lets say Mika moves on, either retiring or going to Jag at lauda's suggestion. Alesi at McLaren makes loads of sense-consider it a trade of engines for driver. Prost gets Mercs, keeps Heidfeld
I'm hoping for this as well! I brought it up a couple of months ago on a silly season thread that it make sence, releasing Jean for Heidfeld and a customer Merceders engine. The Mika/DC line-up is soo dull, lets see what a real racer can do in a superior car they enjoyed for two seasons and a bite.
Old 8 Jun 2000, 02:13 (Ref:16217)   #22
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
Anders, its that Swedish blood coursing through my veins that comes up with this stuff. Great minds think alike

-E.
Old 8 Jun 2000, 03:13 (Ref:16230)   #23
Liz
Veteran

Rickard Rydell at McLaren.

No, better, YVAN MULLER AT McLAREN! What do you bet it would take him ten minutes to reduce Mika to fiddle strings?
Old 8 Jun 2000, 04:57 (Ref:16254)   #24
Dino IV
Veteran

MagnetON
NL
Dino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDino IV should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Little summary.
Out for 2001: Herbert, Wurz
Maybe, maybe not: Alesi, Zonta
In for 2001: Montoya, Pizzonia, Burti

Swap 1: Villeneuve > McLaren, Coulthard > BAR
Swap 2: Frentzen > Jaguar, Button > Jordan
Swap 3: Barrichello > Jordan, Trulli > Benetton, Fisichella > Ferrari.

Oh yeah .... right
Old 8 Jun 2000, 08:11 (Ref:16277)   #25
Maisie
Veteran

Maisie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Liz, picture this:

Yvan Muller drivs the second McLaren, and sets it up to suit his driving style.
Hakkinen goes out on the track and blows his engine.
Hakkinen borrows Muller's car but there's no time to change much of the setup. He goes out on the track.
*wobble* *CRUNCH*

Maybe letting Muller anywhere near an F1 car would be a baaaaad idea Fun, though