Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Jun 2000, 15:53 (Ref:16451)   #1
Tristan
Veteran

Tristan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Villeneuve to Jordan

Yup, that's the hot gossip of the mo.

Apparently, Honda are dissapointed with BAR's performance AGAIN this year (they were watching closley last year, but still saw promise). The Jordan performance over the Monaco weekend (where both Zonta and Villeneuve were lapped by CUSTOMER Honda units) was the final humiliation, and thus Honda has decided to make Jordan a duel works team alongside BAR for 2001. BAR will still be the more advanced of the two teams, effectivly being used as a test bed for new stuff that'll eventually be strapped onto the Jordan when reliable enough. BAR will, in effect, become like a "junior" Jordan team.

Anyway, Honda like Villenueve and JV has a major stakehold in the BAR team. Honda are, allegedly, willing to pay SHED LOADS of money to "sponsor" JV at Jordan. He would fit in well to such a dynamic team and he is an admirer.

A further twist is HHF. Does he go to Jaguar for mega-bucks money but a car that has performed poorley fo far, OR does he stay at a works Honda team? Bearing in mind Jag is works Ford it is likley to improve next year, mind you. If he leaves that'll leave the space for who? Button we assume, although he now looks just as likley to go to Prost...
But what if Trulli goes to Ferrari or Benetton? Another space to be filled....

Over to you....
[Edited by Tristan on 9th June 2000]
Old 9 Jun 2000, 16:35 (Ref:16458)   #2
Dannyboy
Rookie

Dannyboy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Tristan but these rumors are rubbish. Honda is firmly committed to making BAR competitive. How many press releases do they have to issue for people to believe them?www.honda.co.uk Jordan although quick are a relatively small team, with poor facilities and without Gascoyne they have nothing to offer Honda. I'm afraid Jordan's days among the front runners are over. Villeneuve to a team with no works engine a no-name designer and whose factory is smaller than BAR's bathroom I think not.
Old 10 Jun 2000, 13:26 (Ref:16585)   #3
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I think Jordan/Villeneuve it's a bit likely, it's one of the better rumours so far, I read it on F1 Rumours newsletter.

If this isn't gonna happen Honda IS bying the BAR team for next year, I'm sure of it!
Old 10 Jun 2000, 18:12 (Ref:16616)   #4
Mr.S
Racer

Mr.S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I heard that Honda's going to take over when the ban on tabaco advertising goes into effect. Makes sense doesn't it?
Old 11 Jun 2000, 00:21 (Ref:16653)   #5
AL Racing
Racer

AL Racing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, that was their original plan for sure, but seeing how lousy BAR is performing, I think they well could buy the team much erlier. That or going with Jordan.
Old 12 Jun 2000, 01:55 (Ref:16800)   #6
Ed-f1
Racer

Ed-f1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The latest rumour is that Villeneuve is either on the verge of signing for Benetton or he has already done so. This is going to increase Jordan's chances of getting better Honda engines as Villeneuve was one of the main attractions of BAR for Honda.

Button is going to Jordan and Frentzen to Jaguar. BAR are not happy with Zonta either and have De la Rosa in their sights as a replacement while Villeneuve is going to be replaced by Mclaren test driver Olivier Panis.

Old 14 Jun 2000, 08:16 (Ref:17154)   #7
Green_man4421
Racer

Canada
Quebec, Canada
Green_man4421 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Villenuve whatever he is doing next season

I mean Villenuves move or non move will be the most intresting event in the silly season
I am waiting for it....
Old 14 Jun 2000, 09:42 (Ref:17172)   #8
fatbloke
Veteran

fatbloke should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Nice post Bert - makes a load of sense ?!