Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 8 Aug 2007, 16:48 (Ref:1984175)   #251
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Worth 1.5sec,s Gordon?
Old 8 Aug 2007, 16:53 (Ref:1984182)   #252
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If y'all are thinking of straightlining the corner: forget it, won't work.
Old 8 Aug 2007, 17:18 (Ref:1984200)   #253
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid

EDDY! How dare you think that of Gordon
Old 8 Aug 2007, 20:45 (Ref:1984370)   #254
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Eddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridEddy V should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Wasn't only thinking of Gordon.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 07:33 (Ref:1984673)   #255
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy V
Wasn't only thinking of Gordon.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 08:22 (Ref:1984708)   #256
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
esper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
After talking to a very good friend,he does know Spa very well,he recons that the new layout makes little or no difference.Yes,they were allowed to use the run off on exiting the new "Bus stop" which makes me wonder if we,ll get that for the six hour.
well I raced formula fords there last weekend. the busstop is an exciting technical corner. but my Healey will hate it. problem I had was finding the grip coming out of it. and when outbraking somebody at the entrance you had to go over the kerbs coming out. But going over the kerbs with the FF made the "traveled" distance to far , hence slower.
Another new thing is the new Source , It seems speed through the busstop is faster........................ There were many crashes in Eau Rouge , I was among them......
Old 9 Aug 2007, 09:25 (Ref:1984740)   #257
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
So you hit Eau Rouge faster? Presumably this is because you exit La Source quicker, is it second gear now? Which means the "lift" to get the nose to turn for Eau Rouge is a bit earlier than before.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 12:23 (Ref:1984842)   #258
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Lift!!!
Old 9 Aug 2007, 13:04 (Ref:1984864)   #259
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes because otherwise its understeer city. Foot down after turning into the first part though.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 13:11 (Ref:1984872)   #260
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I might borrow one of my wife's underwired bra's to give myself an extra lift, and if it is faster then I shall put my bike clips on just in case !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 9 Aug 2007, 13:24 (Ref:1984876)   #261
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
So what's that over run sound I heard from your car last year just before the turn?
Old 9 Aug 2007, 14:04 (Ref:1984900)   #262
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
That was a one off was,nt it Gordon,I remember you telling me you sneezed just before turning in.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 14:08 (Ref:1984903)   #263
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Three times.

You may recall I had the opportunity to watch some of the Barry race from Eau Rouge last year.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 15:09 (Ref:1984930)   #264
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
Three times.

You may recall I had the opportunity to watch some of the Barry race from Eau Rouge last year.
HAYFEVER.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 18:32 (Ref:1985051)   #265
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
The new La Source is a bit smoother then the old one, sort of rounder. But all will depend if the run off is a "no go area" or not for the 6 Hours.
Entry speed at LS is a little bit faster, as you now are in a straight line from the exit of the Busstop.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 18:51 (Ref:1985063)   #266
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
The new La Source is a bit smoother then the old one, sort of rounder. But all will depend if the run off is a "no go area" or not for the 6 Hours.
Entry speed at LS is a little bit faster, as you now are in a straight line from the exit of the Busstop.
i really miss the gutter!!!! (and the signposthouse)
Old 9 Aug 2007, 18:57 (Ref:1985066)   #267
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower
Lift!!!
well when i saw the ff race next day. almost everybody had a quick " lift" (I was standing in front of the hotel at the bottom of eau rouge, great place , you can't get any closer to eau rouge ) and in European F2 only Martin Stretton didn't "lift", but he couldn't he drove a 1600 . so when i am not in my stint at Spa 6h I will go and listen to all of your "lifts" big boys with enormous hearts
Old 9 Aug 2007, 19:28 (Ref:1985083)   #268
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Just to make it interesting,take a Recorder and mike ,you can then give a commentry on the people with ,errr,big hearts.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 19:37 (Ref:1985088)   #269
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
It'll qualify as the world's shortest commentary.
Old 9 Aug 2007, 21:11 (Ref:1985149)   #270
esper
Veteran

Netherlands
nl
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett
It'll qualify as the world's shortest commentary.
just engines talking
Old 10 Aug 2007, 17:47 (Ref:1985662)   #271
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Terrence, a bit off topic, but did you see this? (click on "La Source") I found it trying to find a place to have a 10-10ths meet.
Wasn't this what you sort of planned?
Guess it will be a bit expensive for us poor sods.
Old 10 Aug 2007, 18:12 (Ref:1985682)   #272
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Exactley that Eddy,I wonder where the Idea came from!I really dont know what to say.Is it a recent thing?
Old 10 Aug 2007, 19:14 (Ref:1985719)   #273
Eddy V
Veteran

Belgium
Belgium & UK
Haven't got a clue Terry, I marshalled at LS a few weeks ago but didn't bother to have a look inside. If it is like that now, great job. But who's going to pay for all that?

Maybe they stole the idea of somebody from overseas.
Old 10 Aug 2007, 19:22 (Ref:1985725)   #274
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Quote:
Haven't got a clue Terry, I marshalled at LS a few weeks ago but didn't bother to have a look inside. If it is like that now, great job. But who's going to pay for all that?

Maybe they stole the idea of somebody from overseas.

I think you could be right Eddy,I have E-mailed RAC de Spa asking question,s,no dought they will not be able to read it.
A couple of points though,[1].It was supposed to have a viewing area and cresh.[2] It was to be an affordable place for racers/press to stay over for weekend events.Eau Rouge Hotel was ridiculously expensive,just could not do it.
Old 10 Aug 2007, 19:33 (Ref:1985735)   #275
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
You know Eddy,I,m wondering just how long ago this had been planned,if it was about 4 years ago,then things become very clear,like every time this matter was brought up,a stone wall would appear,then you would have to find a way around it!