Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Motorsport History

Old 11 Jan 2007, 03:02 (Ref:1811980)   #1
Chris Robson
Rookie

United States
Ashford, CT USA
Chris Robson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Martini MK47 FSV info sought

Hello all,

I am looking for any and all information regarding a Formula Super Vee that we are currently restoring. I also hope to find someone who might have results, magazine articles, photo's of the 1985/1986 U.S. Pro SuperVee Series.

Here are the particulars:

Serial Number: MK47 02 SCCA #588
Frame Number: 002

Car was one of 2 1985 MK47's that Martini used in the 1985/1986 U.S. Pro SuperVee Series. Chassis 001 was used for part of 1985 and chassis 002 for the balance of 1985 and the first part of 1986 In 1986 Didier Theys switched mid season to the MK50 (slightly longer wheel base, this chassis can be lengthened with a spacer) If you look at Theys Championship it lists MK47 and MK50 in the season he won. After that Bertil Roos drove the car.
Manufactured by Martini Race Cars Magny Cours France Tico Martini owner

I am also resurrecting the Historic FSV registry. Anyone out there who has a car and would like to participate, please email me and I will add or, update your information.

I look forward to hearing from all of you.

Best regards,

Chris Robson
R-Motorsports
chris@r-motorsports.com
MartiniMK47@aol.com

Old 11 Jan 2007, 09:15 (Ref:1812130)   #2
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Welcome Chris; I wish you well in your endeavours!
Old 13 Jan 2007, 17:19 (Ref:1814377)   #3
allenbrown
OldRacingCars.com
Veteran

allenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridallenbrown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Chris

Delighted to hear that you are resurrecting the Historic FSV registry.

I did a babysitting job on John Robinson's original information on OldRacingCars.com for about a year because I was keen it didn't get lost. David Flesher told me he was taking it over so happily handed it all over to him and closed down my pages but not much seems to have changed. It really needs reorganising and sorting out.

I wish you every success with it.

Regards

Allen
Old 14 Jan 2007, 15:08 (Ref:1814913)   #4
Chris Robson
Rookie

United States
Ashford, CT USA
Chris Robson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
FSV registry

Hello Allen,

He is a little "blurb" I posted on another website regarding what I am trying to accomplish. I have had moderate success updating the list. It is getting better. I hope I can bring more modern era cars out of the sheds. I do not have a proper website for the registry, I am not computer savvy enough to put one together. I hope to enlist someone in the near future to get it underway.

I would like to thank you and David for having the fore-thought to recognize the historical significance of these cars and the series(s) they competed in. I am working with an vintage organization over here in the States that is looking to expand its open wheel offerings. I hope to have at least on exhibition this year and once we can get the car count up (15-20 per event) we have been guaranteed out own stand alone race at their meetings.

Please note, I have the "updated list" in WORD format and will be happy to send it to anyone who would like it. I do ask that you use it for reference only, not for any type of sales/media campaign.

Here is my attached statement:

All right all you FSV’ers,

The first step is admitting you have a problem…

Here is what I have done. Below is the list of SuperVee's and their current/last know drivers. With the permission of David R Flesher I have "lifted" this from the Historic SuperVee Registry.

I am not, nor do I wish to take credit for it, or do I want to dismiss the fine work that went on to prepare the list to this point. I am just trying to get it out to a broader spectrum of viewers who might benefit. I do have the whole list with emails, but I want to get confirmation and permission before I provide them.

So…..
  • If you are on the list,
  • not on the list,
  • should be on the list,
  • have information regarding cars on the list,
  • have maintained a car on the list,
or
  • have a different list,
Please contact me with any information, updates, deletes, address changes, etc. I will honor all requests of anonymity regarding, phone, email and personal address, if you so desire. Please, if possible, provide as much information, photo’s, data or, even results as possible. I would like to see this information maintained, or pass it on to some else who would like to further maintain and continue this program.

PLEASE NOTE: This is for ALL SuperVee, drivers, their cars, and crew, not just air-cooled, not just flat bottomed, ALL SuperVee's. We are fortunate to have 3 distinct transitions in our history. It is great that the air-cooled cars are already welcomed into most vintage weekends, now it is time to gather the rest of the "herd". air-cooled, flat bottomed, and ground effects.

I look forward to hearing from any and all of you.

Chris Robson
R Motorsports
MartiniMK47@aol.com