Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Nov 2017, 09:18 (Ref:3780533)   #61
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It was mentioned in commentary that he gets a bonus for fastest lap! They’ll never get him to nurse his car at the end with a clause like that.
Quite, sometimes you just have to wonder what a team is thinking when they draft a contract, talk about counter productive.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 09:55 (Ref:3780538)   #62
crmalcolm
Veteran

Italy
crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!crmalcolm has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by wnut View Post
Quite, sometimes you just have to wonder what a team is thinking when they draft a contract, talk about counter productive.
I wonder if at the time, it was felt that Max would be more of the 2nd driver in the team, and that Daniel was the better chance for WDC.
And setting fastest laps can fit in with the overall Red Bull ethos - but does lie at odds with general F1 tactical approach.

Now that he is the No.1 in the team, I would imagine that clause will be removed for 2018.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 10:29 (Ref:3780542)   #63
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!wnut has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
I wonder if at the time, it was felt that Max would be more of the 2nd driver in the team, and that Daniel was the better chance for WDC.
And setting fastest laps can fit in with the overall Red Bull ethos - but does lie at odds with general F1 tactical approach.

Now that he is the No.1 in the team, I would imagine that clause will be removed for 2018.
Sounds like a good theory.

Bet that clause will cost a bit to remove.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 12:14 (Ref:3780549)   #64
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I missed that in the commentary, but it's interesting. Vettel used to do that when he was leading by miles too. Nurse the gap, put in one or two fastest laps, then cruise again - and then get told off on the radio.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 19:22 (Ref:3780610)   #65
Aysedasi
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I'm a team boss and I've acquired a true racer. Am I unhappy.....?
Old 16 Nov 2017, 18:06 (Ref:3780804)   #66
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameAkrapovic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Depends. If you have two of them then it's problematic.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 18:56 (Ref:3780824)   #67
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
you are bob fernley and i claim my £5