Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 23 Nov 2017, 15:52 (Ref:3782438)   #61
ASCII Man
Veteran

Belgium
Leuven
ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Unless - Daniel has something else to offer Mercedes that differs from just on-track results?
The PR of employing someone with actual emotions? Someone that's actually fun to be around?
Because I look at Mercedes employees and to me it seems like they've all been lobotomized to remove their sense of humor and/or personality...
Either that or they're pretending too hard to be savvy and cool, but instead makes them look like Stephen Harper desperately trying to act like a human being.
Old 23 Nov 2017, 15:57 (Ref:3782439)   #62
JamesH
Veteran

United Kingdom
Christchurch, Cambs, UK
JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!JamesH has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ASCII Man View Post
The PR of employing someone with actual emotions? Someone that's actually fun to be around?
Because I look at Mercedes employees and to me it seems like they've all been lobotomized to remove their sense of humor and/or personality...
Either that or they're pretending too hard to be savvy and cool, but instead makes them look like Stephen Harper desperately trying to act like a human being.
#

Or, you know, they could just be professionals at the peak of their industry.
Locost #54 Boldly Leaping where no car has gone before. And then being T-boned. Damn.
Survivor of the 2008 2CV 24h!! 2 engines, one accident, 76mph and rain.
Old 23 Nov 2017, 16:07 (Ref:3782440)   #63
ASCII Man
Veteran

Belgium
Leuven
ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Now THAT is a long shot.
Old 23 Nov 2017, 16:13 (Ref:3782442)   #64
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!chunterer has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i suppose marketability would be a reason.
i actually think DR is a much better and far more aggressive driver (more of a winners instinct if you will) then Bottas...but for arguments sake lets say DR and VB are equal in ability and both seem like good guys so team harmony with LH would remain intact, then surely a global brand like Merc should go with the driver they think will help them sell more cars.
Bottas beat Danny Ricc in an epic Renault Eurocup title race in 2008, was it?

They were the class of the field which included a lot of future talent..

In F3 their results appear to have been similar.

Ricciardo has a real killer instinct when it comes to overtaking, something quite akin to Montoya in that respect (who I maintain was THE overtaker of the modern era) but Bottas has shown a steely determination and ability to quickly pull a gap off the start on cold tyres (see Sochi and A1 Ring).

It would actually be very interesting to see these 2 paired in a team, let alone against Hamilton!
Old 24 Nov 2017, 13:38 (Ref:3782626)   #65
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridS griffin should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I just want to say that the idea of the Honey Badger and Bottas in the same team is not a bad thing to happen to them