Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Old 5 Apr 2004, 14:28 (Ref:931107)   #1
ALMS
Rookie

ALMS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Volunteers Needed for ALMS Promotions

Hi, my name is Jon Purgason and I am the Promotions Manager for the American Le Mans Series. I am looking for a small group of volunteers who could help us target key locations within 100 miles of our events, to display ALMS posters and ALMS banners.

The posters (approx. 300-400) would need to be distributed in those markets two or three weeks prior to the race. The banners (approx. 100-200) would need to be placed a week prior to the event.

In return, I could provide a pair of complimentary event tickets to each volunteer. If you have season passes already, we could find another incentive.

If anybody or any group would be interested in helping us grow the series in your area, let me know via forum reply, phone(706-654-2983 x.396) or email(jonpurgason@panozmotorsports.com). Thanks!
Old 5 Apr 2004, 19:38 (Ref:931444)   #2
thebear
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
85mi S. of Daytona, 125mi NE of Sebring
thebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridthebear should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: Volunteers Needed for ALMS Promotions

Quote:
Originally posted by ALMS
Hi, my name is Jon Purgason and I am the Promotions Manager for the American Le Mans Series. Thanks!
Welcome to the forum. Obviously it is too late for Sebring but it would have been nice to see some advertising in my area. There was nothing! Please PM me for details and to set something up for the '05 12hrs.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 19:55 (Ref:931459)   #3
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
FWIW - Paul Collins and I have signed up for helping with Mosport. If you love this series, why not get out and give a hand with its growth as well.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 19:57 (Ref:931462)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
If I didn't live 250 miles from Mid-Ohio, I'd help out in a heartbeat....

Now if you ever work a deal to run on the "Roval" at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway, that's my hometown, and you can count me in....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 5 Apr 2004, 20:30 (Ref:931503)   #5
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
jon, theres an email coming your way from me.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 20:43 (Ref:931519)   #6
ALMS
Rookie

Keep the replies and emails comin! I appreciate it...I will definitely keep Daytona in mind for 05....

Indy...you know a group of fellows from Indy that might want to make a road trip...either RA or Mid-Ohio...two great tracks...
Old 5 Apr 2004, 20:43 (Ref:931522)   #7
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm right in your backyard, Jon. (25 miles from Road Atlanta) I'll send you an e-mail shortly.

Last edited by Fish_Flake; 5 Apr 2004 at 20:44.
Old 5 Apr 2004, 20:45 (Ref:931524)   #8
ALMS
Rookie

Great...we can gear up for Petit....Thanks in advance for the email.

Jon Purgason
Old 5 Apr 2004, 20:55 (Ref:931533)   #9
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by ALMS
Keep the replies and emails comin! I appreciate it...I will definitely keep Daytona in mind for 05....
You all planning on holding a race at Daytona next year? Have any details on that?
Old 5 Apr 2004, 21:04 (Ref:931548)   #10
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I took my son to Sebring, ALMS....

He loved it so much he was on the cell phone from the track calling his buddies to start pulling their plans together for Mid-Ohio....

There will be at least 4 of us going, and I'm talking to some guys I work with....

I'd love to do Road America, but I'm running a Golf Tournament that weekend for my parish to raise $$$ for the Sports program....If I could schedule it for another weekend, I would, but it is the same day as the "feast Day" of the patron Saint of our Parish and the Pastor wants it that day....

Petit fallis in the midlle of my football season (I coach a Jr. High team)....

Thanks for asking, but we're already on it...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 5 Apr 2004, 21:37 (Ref:931577)   #11
therealdeal
Rookie

United States
Miami, FL
therealdeal should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
if you guys are going to be holding the race downtown in MIAMI!! i know its unlikly but there is a TBA isnt there? send me an e-mail.............

bored280@hotmail.com
Old 5 Apr 2004, 21:58 (Ref:931609)   #12
billnchristy
Veteran

United States
Lawrenceville GA
billnchristy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
ALMS, check your PMs...thanks
Old 6 Apr 2004, 05:27 (Ref:931827)   #13
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Welcome aboard Jon ! And congratulations to Don Panoz and the ALMS team for their engagement in our passion !

Greetings from France,

Fab
Old 6 Apr 2004, 13:19 (Ref:932261)   #14
ALMS
Rookie

Hi folks,

Thanks so much for all the replies. Keep 'em coming! I will reply to each one of you as soon as I can today (meetings all day long), so I am hearing you loud and clear, and I appreciate the support for ALMS and its continued exponential growth.

Also, anybody know of any big events or places that ALMS should do some kind of promo at?

Thanks!
Old 6 Apr 2004, 14:35 (Ref:932359)   #15
Fish_Flake
Veteran

Georgia
The Foothills of North Georgia
Fish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridFish_Flake should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
All I know is that nobody in my hometown seems to even know that the Petit Le Mans, or Road Atlanta, exists. Granted, Forsyth County is where white-collar America blends into backwards society, and are completely oblivious to anything that doesn't have a hundred Stars & Stripes flags plastered all over it, but everybody can tell you everything about Lanier Speedway. For crying out loud, the two are across the street from each other! I've had several people who have adamantly argued with me that there isn't a world-class road circuit next door to LNS. So, maybe a few banners here and there would educate people.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 07:35 (Ref:933083)   #16
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ok there's no ALMS race in France, but I can help you with promotion as it's a part of my business here in LM.

I'ld be really enthousiast to help you, and I like the way you try to promote !!!

At your disposal for all your "other side of the pond" suggestions !

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 7 Apr 2004, 10:09 (Ref:933213)   #17
ALMS
Rookie

Merci, Gilles...

Gilles, I would love to use the enthusiasm and support of any Le Mans or ALMS fan to help spread the word about our series or our event in their area.

What kind of ideas did you have for helping our efforts? Its great to see that these forums reach overseas, especially to folks like yourself who have the 24 Hours of Le Mans in your backyard!

Thanks!
Old 7 Apr 2004, 12:24 (Ref:933375)   #18
Gilles
Racer

European Union
Le Manshire - the 87th British county
Gilles should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What kind of ideas ?

too many to be develop here...
... but we could imagine overseas touring to attend major ALMS races, a little promotion in continental Europe and in UK which could be done by any mean you'll need,..., create audience link from ALMS to LM (for example a contest on every ALMS race to win an overseas trip to attend to LM).

BTW I'm at your total disposal to help you to spread all your information here in Europe, as far as I'm totally independant of the ACO.

May I expect to meet you at PQ in a few days now ?

... it's not the taking part but the winning that counts !
Old 7 Apr 2004, 16:31 (Ref:933637)   #19
Liz
Veteran

Liz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridLiz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be willing to ferry any materials to and from Gilles at Pre-Qualifying if you are not going, Mr. Purgason. Also if we at www.rfmsports.com can help in any way, we'd be glad to do so; the ALMS is our bread and butter series and we'll be attending every race AND Le Mans this year. Perhaps we can help Gilles with cross-promotion in Europe as we have lots of European readers.

We will be especially strong in Portland, as our webmaster lives in Vancouver, Washington which I understand is quite near there. Perhaps he can help with some promotion for Portland.
Old 7 Apr 2004, 18:52 (Ref:933764)   #20
ALMS
Rookie

Gille and Liz,

Thanks for the replies. Unfortunately, I won't be going to Pre-Qualifying, but we certainly would entertain the idea of European promotions to expand the series. Thanks for the offer to provide Gilles with delivery of any promo materials that we can provide to him.

Can you tell me much about the potential success of such a promo effort (e.g. who would we target, what kind of promo or promo material would we need, what kind of result could we expect from such an effort)?

Liz, your website is quite informative; looks like you keep up to date with the goings on within the Series.

Anyway, feel free to email or call, as I am always interested in pursuing this further.

Thanks,

Jon Purgason