Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 9 Mar 2013, 16:14 (Ref:3216400)   #26
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I presume they wouldn't run chrome with Telmex branding.
they could call it Blue Steel.

but really though, Blue Steel, Ferrari, La Tigra, Magnum...its all the same look!
Old 9 Mar 2013, 16:21 (Ref:3216401)   #27
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyDonut View Post
Good thing they have a certain driver who has a certain sponsor that is run by a certain billionaire. White and light blue livery would be interesting in Formula 1.
It could look rather good if most of the car is white...
Old 9 Mar 2013, 16:37 (Ref:3216404)   #28
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This logo is awful !
Old 9 Mar 2013, 17:11 (Ref:3216408)   #29
Chatters
Veteran

Australia
Radelaide, South Australia
Chatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridChatters should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
To hell with white and blue, bring back the baby excrement orange! I'm sure Telmex could make it work!

P.S: We all thought the 2009-era cars looked weird when they came out, now how other-worldly (but gorgeous) do these things look?
"A lot of people go through life doing things badly. Racing’s important to men who do it well. When you’re racing, it... it’s life. Anything that happens before or after... is just waiting." - Steve McQueen
Old 9 Mar 2013, 17:20 (Ref:3216414)   #30
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
I don't have a problem with the Telmex logo.. The Brawn car looked great in white I thought...
Attached Thumbnails
butt_braw_silv_2009-470x313.jpg  
Old 9 Mar 2013, 18:01 (Ref:3216427)   #31
IndyDonut
Racer

United States
New York City
IndyDonut should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knowlesy View Post
I presume they wouldn't run chrome with Telmex branding.
Same here. The chrome was a new design phase after West left. It went well with Johnny Walker and Vodaphone/Santander's red. It's been around for a while now, they'll probably switch it up soon enough.
Old 11 Mar 2013, 18:36 (Ref:3217126)   #32
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It looks like McLaren might be switching to Honda as early as 2015. Martin W has been talking to Autosport but did not confirm that McLaren would be taking up its option on Mercedes for 2015 but said they will use Mercedes in 2014.

Then again it might be a different engine maybe a ???????

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105949
Old 11 Mar 2013, 20:51 (Ref:3217192)   #33
Marcus666
Racer

Sweden
Marcus666 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chatters View Post
To hell with white and blue, bring back the baby excrement orange! I'm sure Telmex could make it work!

P.S: We all thought the 2009-era cars looked weird when they came out, now how other-worldly (but gorgeous) do these things look?
I believe 2005-2006 was the last years with good looking cars, although they looked okay in 2007-2008, The clean look and no Engine freeze made the cars more iconic IMO. I still can't believe how they could change such a beautiful design...

Atleast there are some hope of good designs:

At first sight, it looked quite weird, but unlike the F1 cars we have now, I've started to think that these cars look absolutly awesome, and imagine them with a BMW P84 inside!!!
Old 11 Mar 2013, 23:43 (Ref:3217270)   #34
J.C.
Racer

United States
Sleepy Hollow, New York
J.C. should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfhound View Post
It looks like McLaren might be switching to Honda as early as 2015. Martin W has been talking to Autosport but did not confirm that McLaren would be taking up its option on Mercedes for 2015 but said they will use Mercedes in 2014.

Then again it might be a different engine maybe a ???????

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/105949
I really want BMW to enter in F1 again, but only as a engine supplier. It would be cool to see a McLaren-BMW partership again...just like there partership from the 90's. Le Mans program and street car.
Old 12 Mar 2013, 11:53 (Ref:3217430)   #35
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Don't hold your breath for it, it might take some 50 years for BMW to make a comeback...
Old 12 Mar 2013, 13:21 (Ref:3217468)   #36
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The McLaren Automotive division tying up with Honda would be an interesting development. A McLaren Honda supercar would be seriously sexy...
Old 13 Mar 2013, 01:07 (Ref:3217660)   #37
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Quote:
Originally Posted by spider View Post
The McLaren Automotive division tying up with Honda would be an interesting development. A McLaren Honda supercar would be seriously sexy...
Old 13 Mar 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3217773)   #38
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
It could be electric! No, seriously. It could literally be an electric car.
Old 13 Mar 2013, 13:32 (Ref:3217837)   #39
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Anyway, things seem to be squaring up for an engine manufacturer battle from 2014 onwards. Ferrari have Alonso, Mercedes have Hamilton, and Renault have Vettel. It can't have escaped anyones notice that these three teams are now offering ridiculous sums of money to poach technical personel from other teams, as well as their own.

Honda need to be wary that they don't lose some of their existing talent to F1 teams where money seems to be no object. I've already heard rumours that some of Honda's top talent is already on its way to a British based F1 engine manufacturer.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 06:06 (Ref:3218185)   #40
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I wonder if Honda might use McLaren as a pukka 'works' team...

Will they put the 'Earth Dreams' branding all over a car? Plenty of free space thanks to This Announcement
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House, House
“Trust But Verify” - Commissioner Frank Reagan, Blue Bloods
Old 14 Mar 2013, 11:12 (Ref:3218257)   #41
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
No prizes for guessing where they're going.
Old 14 Mar 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3218312)   #42
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
McLaren and Honda would both absolutely benefit from a tie-up marketing-wise. Honda haven't really got a proper Supercar anymore, McLaren Automotive are now a properly setup car manufacturer and with the new engine rules it makes a lot of sense.

The McLaren Automotive possibilities for me remain more interesting than anything else. Jenson's profile in Japan won't do him any harm either.

The Mercedes deal for Mr Lowe I'm sure has certainly helped Honda's case, if they were feeling the need to put one to McLaren...

Williams Renault, McLaren Honda, Lotus Renault, Ferrari, Red Bull Infiniti and Mercedes - not a bad mix of new and old brands/marketing possibilities there. If I was Bernie I'd be hoping it comes off too...
Old 14 Mar 2013, 17:24 (Ref:3218386)   #43
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
Will they put the 'Earth Dreams' branding all over a car? Plenty of free space thanks to This Announcement
Does this clear the way for Telmex?
Old 16 Mar 2013, 12:05 (Ref:3219397)   #44
Nicholosophy
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
Nicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridNicholosophy should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
McLaren and Honda would both absolutely benefit from a tie-up marketing-wise. Honda haven't really got a proper Supercar anymore, McLaren Automotive are now a properly setup car manufacturer and with the new engine rules it makes a lot of sense.

The McLaren Automotive possibilities for me remain more interesting than anything else. Jenson's profile in Japan won't do him any harm either.

The Mercedes deal for Mr Lowe I'm sure has certainly helped Honda's case, if they were feeling the need to put one to McLaren...

Williams Renault, McLaren Honda, Lotus Renault, Ferrari, Red Bull Infiniti and Mercedes - not a bad mix of new and old brands/marketing possibilities there. If I was Bernie I'd be hoping it comes off too...
I imagine that without Maldonado's 30mil Williams may not be around in their current form.

I would like to see a McLaren-Honda tie-up. Or perhaps Williams doing a deal with a manufacturer a la McLaren-Merc back in the day...
Old 19 Mar 2013, 10:50 (Ref:3221099)   #45
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
One of the major names in Formula One racing, Japanese automaker Honda Motor Co. has begun the development and design of engines for a possible return to the World Championship circuit in 2015, sources at Honda said.
http://ajw.asahi.com/article/economy...AJ201303180080
Old 19 Mar 2013, 12:55 (Ref:3221150)   #46
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Williams' linking up with Renault again, may have made some pulses race, but it's just not happening on track. We can only hope that Honda's running of V6 turbo engines in the Indy car series has given them enough confidence to get it right for McLaren in F1. In the meantime, it will do McLaren a lot of good to keep denying the rumours about the link up with Honda.

It may also be the case that Honda will want some other teams to run their engines. In fact, if they want to develop the engine quickly in order to catch up with everyone else, it will would be extremely important that other teams should use their engine.
Old 19 Mar 2013, 13:25 (Ref:3221168)   #47
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
So, rather like the John Wickham/Sprit - Honda tie-up before Williams got the engine last time, do we expect a Marussia - Honda for 2014 before McLaren take up the engine in 2015?
Old 15 May 2013, 06:33 (Ref:3247700)   #48
321Go
Veteran

321Go should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bringing this thread back up.

We won't have to wait much longer.

Old 15 May 2013, 12:17 (Ref:3247807)   #49
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
To be announced very shortly.

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/2...mula-1-return/
Old 15 May 2013, 13:13 (Ref:3247847)   #50
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
Its great news for all the obvious reasons regarding Honda..