Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 17 May 2012, 12:31 (Ref:3075689)   #376
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
Haven't we all?
No, mine is on the ceiling.
Old 17 May 2012, 15:44 (Ref:3075764)   #377
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is that girl holding the tennis balls Maggie T then? She let herself go in later years, didn't she?
Old 17 May 2012, 15:54 (Ref:3075770)   #378
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
Is that girl holding the tennis balls Maggie T then? She let herself go in later years, didn't she?
No, that's Cherie Blaire.
Old 17 May 2012, 16:13 (Ref:3075781)   #379
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I sure as hell don't have a poster of HER on my wall
Old 17 May 2012, 16:18 (Ref:3075785)   #380
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
No, that's Cherie Blaire.
That would explain something - did she swallow the tennis racket?
Old 17 May 2012, 17:30 (Ref:3075800)   #381
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No,but she was behind one for a Children's Cancer Fund.
Old 17 May 2012, 18:13 (Ref:3075823)   #382
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence bower View Post
No,but she was behind one for a Children's Cancer Fund.
not the only racket she was behind - allegedly
Old 17 May 2012, 22:59 (Ref:3075929)   #383
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy97 View Post
The 944 s2 has the advantage of ABS which may be useful in an endurance race, but my choices would be a 944 turbo - 300bhp is easy and reliable and ituses the huge brakes (and abs) from the 928/911(993)
Having raced a 944 Turbo (tho with "only" 250 bhp) I agree that it makes a good reliable race car - ours was using an untouched 220K mile engine - although after 4 years racing we did have the turbo rebuilt - and our only DNFs were a relay failure, a gear linkage issue, and an air pipe falling off causing chronic misfire....

However our fuel consumption was probably twice what Mike has achieved, and it was certainly noticeable that around Coram for instance a 924 appeared to be easy to drive flat-out, whereas I (at least) was having to balance the power/grip equation all the way...of course using the same set of tyres all season in Future Classics may have contributed to this
Old 18 May 2012, 06:25 (Ref:3075974)   #384
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
It's all about finding a compromise, IMO. More power needs more fuel and more brakes. Probably more weight and of course more tyre wear.........

First thing I will be doing when time permits is to put Tango on a local rolling road and see what figures are. Luckily the guy that runs it was bought up in the era of K-Jetronic so knows all the ins and outs!

Although like a lot of people I dream of all the different (and mostly quicker) cars that could do the 360 in, when it comes down to it, given reliability, a 924 gives very good VFM and is a hoot to drive. So with a fair wind etc., expect to see Tango on the grid again next year. Maybe we can eek out a few more horses on the RR and knock a couple of seconds off a lap........
Old 18 May 2012, 07:23 (Ref:3075989)   #385
midgetman
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

Although like a lot of people I dream of all the different (and mostly quicker) cars that could do the 360 in, when it comes down to it, given reliability, a 924 gives very good VFM and is a hoot to drive. So with a fair wind etc., expect to see Tango on the grid again next year. Maybe we can eek out a few more horses on the RR and knock a couple of seconds off a lap........
totally agree, I really enjoyed every minute I spent in the driving seat of mine. I want the Silver Arrow to have a PDA spec engine for next year although whether it actually gets it remains to be seen. Also more of a weight loss programme - both me AND the car! - and I will be upset if we haven't knocked off somewhat more than a couple of seconds per lap. Bring it on!
Old 18 May 2012, 07:28 (Ref:3075992)   #386
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
So with a fair wind etc., expect to see Tango on the grid again next year. Maybe we can eek out a few more horses on the RR and knock a couple of seconds off a lap........
Quote:
Also more of a weight loss programme - both me AND the car! - and I will be upset if we haven't knocked off somewhat more than a couple of seconds per lap. Bring it on!
So now do I have to source a crystal pig for the "Porker Challenge"
Old 25 May 2012, 16:11 (Ref:3079208)   #387
midgetman
Veteran

I've just found the Silver Arrow is 30% down on compression on number 3 cylinder, plus an oily plug. Explains some of our issues in the race, also underlines the basic strength of the Audi engine
Old 26 May 2012, 06:54 (Ref:3079371)   #388
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
also underlines the basic strength of the Audi engine
Snob, you know it's a VW LT van engine really......