Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 10 Nov 2017, 11:32 (Ref:3779768)   #526
Bramzel
Veteran

Netherlands
Apeldoorn, The Netherlands
Bramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBramzel should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Tordoff at AMD would also show that they mean business for the Indy's trophy.
Old 10 Nov 2017, 12:54 (Ref:3779773)   #527
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bramzel View Post
Tordoff at AMD would also show that they mean business for the Indy's trophy.
He's also been testing the PMR Astra. That seems a better car to challenge for honours with based on past performance.
Old 10 Nov 2017, 15:33 (Ref:3779795)   #528
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
He's also been testing the PMR Astra. That seems a better car to challenge for honours with based on past performance.

Where’d you hear that?
Old 10 Nov 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3779809)   #529
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Where’d you hear that?
https://www.motorsport-news.co.uk/ne...l-btcc-outing/

'“I have nothing signed for next year, and I wanted to get back into the groove with front-wheel drive to see if I still had it,” said the 2016 BTCC runner-up. “The AmD Audi test and the run in the Vauxhall have helped me with that, and I will see where this leads.”
Old 11 Nov 2017, 01:05 (Ref:3779855)   #530
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tordoff's possible return plus rumours about Nash making a comeback and possibility of Ricky Collard joining WSR all make a good prospect of BTCC 2018 grid
Old 11 Nov 2017, 09:01 (Ref:3779895)   #531
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
luckn002 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rob Collard posted the picture of Ricky on his Twitter with the hashtag '#standin' which hopefully suggests he's not being replaced?

Shame nothing's been heard from Welch Motorsport who were planning to be back?
Old 11 Nov 2017, 11:48 (Ref:3779901)   #532
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Also Martin Plowman tested for PMR which is interesting. Interesting also Tordoff says quite a few ex-888 staff are now at PMR
Old 11 Nov 2017, 16:56 (Ref:3779933)   #533
BillWiskins
Racer

European Union
Brighton
BillWiskins should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckn002 View Post
Shame nothing's been heard from Welch Motorsport who were planning to be back?
Last I saw from Welch, Dan was racing a Citroen C1 in a 24hr race at Spa, along with Rob Austin

More relevantly they did post a pic of a Hyundai (if I remember rightly) TCR car a few months ago, so perhaps that's the route they've chosen. Would be a shame but I can see it making sense.
Old 11 Nov 2017, 17:11 (Ref:3779934)   #534
sceptic
Veteran

sceptic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Also Martin Plowman tested for PMR which is interesting. Interesting also Tordoff says quite a few ex-888 staff are now at PMR
At the end of 2016, PMR took nearly all of the 888 staff.
Although the MGs in 2017 were nominally run by 888, it was really BKR.
Old 11 Nov 2017, 17:25 (Ref:3779936)   #535
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
So,

PMR is a lot of what was 888.
888 is now part of BMR.
888 is a lot of what was BKR.

Ex-WSR driver, who will run under JCT, has tested with AMD and PMR, partly because he knew a lot of 888?

Any wonder the fans can't work out who holds TBL's
Old 11 Nov 2017, 17:32 (Ref:3779937)   #536
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillWiskins View Post
Last I saw from Welch, Dan was racing a Citroen C1 in a 24hr race at Spa, along with Rob Austin

More relevantly they did post a pic of a Hyundai (if I remember rightly) TCR car a few months ago, so perhaps that's the route they've chosen. Would be a shame but I can see it making sense.
Yes, Dan was testing it. As much as I would love to see him get a competitive car in the BTCC, being such a small and low-budget team I think they'll go to TCR UK instead
Old 11 Nov 2017, 19:59 (Ref:3779947)   #537
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Yes, Dan was testing it. As much as I would love to see him get a competitive car in the BTCC, being such a small and low-budget team I think they'll go to TCR UK instead
And either keep ‘loaning’ their TBL to Motorbase or selling it to help fund a TCR campaign!
Old 12 Nov 2017, 11:06 (Ref:3780030)   #538
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sceptic View Post
Well 888 did used to run the works Vauxhalls, so not all surprising there
Old 14 Nov 2017, 13:26 (Ref:3780381)   #539
Londoner
Racer

Londoner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Maximum Motorsport are back for 2018. Wondering whether Dennis Strandberg will get a full season, I thought he acquitted himself quite well at Croft.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 14:55 (Ref:3780391)   #540
S griffin
Veteran

Well it seems Lines keeping the seat warm for 2018 has paid off. Hopefully he can now found someone talented in the car, would be good to see Strandberg have a full season, he did alright in his one off meeting
Old 14 Nov 2017, 17:38 (Ref:3780418)   #541
Matt K
Veteran

Matt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridMatt K should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I agree, it would be great to see Strandberg full time in BTCC. A foreign driver would be a nice addition to the field. Hopefully Lines will not return as a driver. With all respect, he's not quite that level.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 18:10 (Ref:3780430)   #542
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt K View Post
I agree, it would be great to see Strandberg full time in BTCC. A foreign driver would be a nice addition to the field. Hopefully Lines will not return as a driver. With all respect, he's not quite that level.
Don't let ATS hear you refer to the need for a foreign driver.

Seriously though, I do get the point of extending the appeal beyond the British/Irish shores.
Old 14 Nov 2017, 20:29 (Ref:3780453)   #543
Matt K
Veteran

Haha yeah you're right, of course he's Irish but I meant someone outside of British Isles. And, hey, I didn't say about the first foreign driver, I could as well meant another foreign driver!
Old 15 Nov 2017, 13:19 (Ref:3780557)   #544
BobJones
Veteran

BobJones should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strandberg ain't that much. Didn't have a good STCC season and ran out of funds before the end of the season.
Old 15 Nov 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3780580)   #545
S griffin
Veteran

He’s still worth a punt though IMHO
Old 15 Nov 2017, 16:28 (Ref:3780581)   #546
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Because he has a fancy surname? There are plenty of domestic drivers who are good enough. Giovanardi has been the only non-UK driver to actually be any good on a consistent level in the past ten years and he was only here because the General paid for him.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 09:41 (Ref:3780701)   #547
luckn002
Veteran

England
South England
Jake Hill on Twitter -

"Excited to announce ill be apart of #Teamspine for my 2018 #BTCC title, looking forward to wearing these unique and cool glasses around the paddock #GetAGrip #Teamspine"

Seems to confirm him for next near!
Old 16 Nov 2017, 14:08 (Ref:3780748)   #548
Jiiiiiiim
Veteran

England
Devon
Jiiiiiiim should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Jake Hill on Twitter -

"Excited to announce ill be apart of #Teamspine for my 2018 #BTCC title, looking forward to wearing these unique and cool glasses around the paddock #GetAGrip #Teamspine"

Seems to confirm him for next near!
He’s confirmed in FB that he’ll be in BTCC next year too, just won’t give anything away on who with! Just hope he has better luck in 2018.
Old 16 Nov 2017, 14:36 (Ref:3780754)   #549
Ry44
Racer

Ry44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In other news PMR have offered Alex Rullo a test

http://www.btcc.net/2017/11/16/pmrs-...ung-gun-rullo/
Old 16 Nov 2017, 15:37 (Ref:3780768)   #550
S griffin
Veteran

So that's who he had contact with. Seems PMR are linked with a number of drivers so far