Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 23 Dec 2020, 10:40 (Ref:4024732)   #351
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Correction, just ordered in english. I watched on TV, I think this year that counts as attending the 2020 race.
Well as close as any of us got anyway.
Old 10 Jan 2021, 13:00 (Ref:4027947)   #352
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think this must be the ultimate piece of 'niche' Le Mans memorabilia......

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/SUPER-RAR...MAAOSwzkFf4kyQ
Old 10 Jan 2021, 13:54 (Ref:4027953)   #353
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post

Well that's that then..... Aren't going to top a "super rare" item such as that.

Time to close the thread...

jimclark
Old 10 Jan 2021, 15:25 (Ref:4027961)   #354
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:

So how much more would it have been worth if it had not been opened,
Old 10 Jan 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4027972)   #355
jimclark
Veteran

United States
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
What indicates that it's been opened?

jimclark
Old 10 Jan 2021, 17:32 (Ref:4027977)   #356
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
What indicates that it's been opened?
I must admit I had to go back and take a look, there is a shot of the open end of the tin. The last photo.
Old 10 Jan 2021, 17:53 (Ref:4027981)   #357
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I must admit I had to go back and take a look, there is a shot of the open end of the tin. The last photo.
Someone taking the peas? I'll get me coat...............
Old 10 Jan 2021, 19:12 (Ref:4028000)   #358
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I should think so John!
Old 10 Jan 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4028002)   #359
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
So will start digging up the garden soon if old empty cans are worth that much, Then again it always surprises me what some idiots will pay for rubbish
Old 10 Jan 2021, 20:15 (Ref:4028007)   #360
Samoan Attorney
Veteran

Samoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSamoan Attorney should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I should think so John!
Old 10 Jan 2021, 22:13 (Ref:4028036)   #361
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
I must admit I had to go back and take a look,
Yeah.....I did too after posting. I was going to edit my post with the correction when my telly rang and 'forgot thereafter.....dumkopf that I am......

Last edited by jimclark; 10 Jan 2021 at 22:22.

jimclark
Old 11 Jan 2021, 06:57 (Ref:4028102)   #362
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Well just imagine if you bought a tin of pea's from the supermarket and when you got home, looking forward to mushy peas with your fish and chips, then you found it had been opened.
Old 11 Jan 2021, 08:08 (Ref:4028107)   #363
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
So will start digging up the garden soon if old empty cans are worth that much, Then again it always surprises me what some idiots will pay for rubbish
'Won't catch me off guard.....!!! I'm much to wise for that. That's why I'm saving my change from purchases for the next time the Miller $2.2M 962 is on the auction block.

I'm already up to a whopping $23.42!!!

jimclark
Old 15 Jan 2021, 21:58 (Ref:4029337)   #364
jimclark
Veteran

United States
goodness!!! I know it's not a Le Mans car, but Carroll Shelby had a wee little involvement, no??
Anywho.......

His personal, immaculate, 1965 427 (7 Litre) Cobra, just sold at the Mecum Auction, Kissimmee, Florida, USA, a few minutes ago for..............$5,400,000.00 (don't forget the commission also, another 8%, $432,000). Yowza.
https://monthly.mecum.com/2020/10/09...nal-427-cobra/

jimclark
Old 15 Jan 2021, 22:31 (Ref:4029340)   #365
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's a beautiful thing, for sure.....
Old 3 Feb 2021, 19:14 (Ref:4033308)   #366
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Couldn't think where to put this so just dropped it here. The latest edition of Motor Sport has a cover filled with Porsche 952s and 962s, content inside includes The aforementioned Group C cars, a goodbye to LMP cars and a look at what is coming. I only flicked through it in Smiths, will get my copy from the local newsagent as I have it on order there.

Sean
Old 4 Feb 2021, 10:31 (Ref:4033388)   #367
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Thanks Sean, I think I'll have to look that one out.

On the subject of Shelby, I know that virtually no-one here has the passion for fountain pens that I have, but I'm drooling over this.....
Attached Thumbnails
L1030804-001-copy-1536x402.jpg   L1030805-001-copy-1536x747.jpg  
Old 4 Feb 2021, 11:02 (Ref:4033395)   #368
jimclark
Veteran

United States
'Cobra's a nice touch.

jimclark
Old 4 Feb 2021, 12:15 (Ref:4033413)   #369
CTD
Veteran

Denmark
Aarhus, Jylland, Denmark
CTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameCTD will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Thanks Sean, I think I'll have to look that one out.

On the subject of Shelby, I know that virtually no-one here has the passion for fountain pens that I have, but I'm drooling over this.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
'Cobra's a nice touch.
A really nice touch!
I am on the fence whether it should have had twin racing stribes in some way.
Old 4 Jul 2021, 11:54 (Ref:4059701)   #370
claude2cv
Racer

claude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridclaude2cv should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
https://www.butlerh.com/Steve-McQuee...Eli8YXKTHKL1RE

Maybe get a bulk order for next year?

Sean
Old 4 Jul 2021, 13:11 (Ref:4059724)   #371
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Trouble is, it’s now the 20th anniversary of McQueen merch becoming uncool
Old 4 Jul 2021, 16:46 (Ref:4059794)   #372
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
i must admit those shirts are not me for sure.
Old 4 Jul 2021, 19:43 (Ref:4059829)   #373
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I quite like it...... But I'm not sure I'd ever wear it!
Old 5 Jul 2021, 05:25 (Ref:4059878)   #374
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
I quite like it...... But I'm not sure I'd ever wear it!
What is the point of a shirt you would never wear? And by the way Andrew Specsavers are doing eye tests again
Old 5 Jul 2021, 08:38 (Ref:4059894)   #375
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
No point at all, I must admit! But then again, I've got a Rebellion t-shirt I've never worn and am unlikely to ever wear!