Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Mar 2019, 08:33 (Ref:3890604)   #1651
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Can they complete? It looks like probably no again
Old 16 Mar 2019, 13:25 (Ref:3890986)   #1652
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Not so shabby Q from Lando, at least!
Old 16 Mar 2019, 17:11 (Ref:3891075)   #1653
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The kid did a brilliant job. Must have given everyone in the team a lift.
Old 16 Mar 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3891087)   #1654
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Indeed and they are the fastest Renault team.
Old 18 Mar 2019, 20:44 (Ref:3891669)   #1655
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
A great debut drive from Lando Morris but I wonder if McLaren aren't ruing parting company, with Honda?
Old 18 Mar 2019, 21:39 (Ref:3891680)   #1656
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
A great debut drive from Lando Morris but I wonder if McLaren aren't ruing parting company, with Honda?
Probably privately. But would Honda been able to make progress with McLaren? 2018 was not a stellar year for McLaren. You can blame that on the upheaval of the switch to a new power unit, but I expect the results would have been similar if Honda had stayed. So the Honda blame game and acrimonious relationship would have continued.

2018 was a year of wisely lower expectations by the team Honda was worked with. Not to mention a newfound freedom to do what they thought was right vs. being pushed into corners. That gave Honda coverage to continue to focus on progress vs. battling their "partner" in public spats. Honda made the right move to proceed with divorce rather than trying to repair a fractured marriage. Of course RBR may be just as vicious if things go south, but that is a story for a different thread.

Richard
Old 18 Mar 2019, 21:50 (Ref:3891687)   #1657
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think their time was up. They felt it was time for a change. It didn’t look that bad to begin with in 2018, even if they didn’t get the results they were expected to get. Honda had their chance and failed with McLaren

Who knows how long Honda will stay with RBR
Old 19 Mar 2019, 01:25 (Ref:3891750)   #1658
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I think their time was up. They felt it was time for a change. It didn’t look that bad to begin with in 2018, even if they didn’t get the results they were expected to get. Honda had their chance and failed with McLaren

Who knows how long Honda will stay with RBR
Did Honda fail with McLaren, or did McLaren fail with Honda?

Indeed, who knows how long Honda will stay with RBR but a whole season awaits to unfold. Looking forward to it.
Old 19 Mar 2019, 01:30 (Ref:3891756)   #1659
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Neither party did well for each other.

I think Honda will be lucky if they get through the whole season without some tension unfolding. That’s my prediction
Old 19 Mar 2019, 01:39 (Ref:3891761)   #1660
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Neither party did well for each other.

I think Honda will be lucky if they get through the whole season without some tension unfolding. That’s my prediction
Let's see what happens in Bahrain.
Old 19 Mar 2019, 22:04 (Ref:3891918)   #1661
S griffin
Veteran

Well anything can happen there
Old 28 Mar 2019, 21:31 (Ref:3893993)   #1662
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Alonso to drive McLaren's 2019 F1 car in next week's test, after the Bahrain Grand Prix.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/142392
Old 29 Mar 2019, 00:11 (Ref:3894009)   #1663
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
His recent Dakar car experience my help with the sand. He’s certainly driving a lot of different stuff - I bet he’s having a blast
Old 29 Mar 2019, 15:21 (Ref:3894115)   #1664
S griffin
Veteran

Hopefully his development role will help McLaren no end
Old 30 Mar 2019, 16:32 (Ref:3894288)   #1665
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well they seem to be improving but they neede to convert that into points
Old 30 Mar 2019, 17:01 (Ref:3894290)   #1666
ApexTurtle
Racer

United States
ApexTurtle is a back marker
Both cars looking good here, beating the factory Renault team handily.
Old 30 Mar 2019, 18:58 (Ref:3894314)   #1667
Bcarr6
Veteran

Bcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridBcarr6 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexTurtle View Post
Both cars looking good here, beating the factory Renault team handily.

Nothing ground breaking yet but a positive sign so I hope they continue to progress well
Old 30 Mar 2019, 20:47 (Ref:3894327)   #1668
S griffin
Veteran

Yeah, well done to McLaren on the performance, a step in the right direction
Old 30 Mar 2019, 21:56 (Ref:3894344)   #1669
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Very good to see.....
Old 31 Mar 2019, 01:29 (Ref:3894362)   #1670
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Agree with comments above that things are looking better for McLaren.

Richard
Old 31 Mar 2019, 08:41 (Ref:3894392)   #1671
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yes very pleasing. Lando only 2/10s from Carlos and both top ten.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 11:34 (Ref:3894412)   #1672
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Alonso to drive McLaren's 2019 F1 car in next week's test, after the Bahrain Grand Prix.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/142392
Once again another top decision by Alonso to miss this year. The man sure has a good record for making decisions that back fire on him.
Old 31 Mar 2019, 12:46 (Ref:3894422)   #1673
Richard C
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
Once again another top decision by Alonso to miss this year. The man sure has a good record for making decisions that back fire on him.
I am not sure I get your point? Are you saying Alonso screwed up by not racing for McLaren in 2019? If so, let’s not get ahead of ourselves. McLaren is showing evidence of fighting for the top of the midfield, not for wins. We are only barely two races in. I think Alonso would return only if he can drop into a winning team. I suspect he has zero regrets right now with respect to 2019.

Richard
Old 31 Mar 2019, 14:51 (Ref:3894442)   #1674
S griffin
Veteran

Not really, just that Fred almost seems to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. Like he left Ferrari just before they started winning again
Old 31 Mar 2019, 18:00 (Ref:3894516)   #1675
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper View Post
He won Daytona and Sebring, so that must be some consolation, if indeed that's the right word. Nevertheless, his decisions to leave and join F1 teams over the last few years, haven't really worked out. I don't know if that's a case of bad luck, or bad timing but I don't think it's due to a lack of perseverance because he has certainly stuck at it.